Improper therapy

It's not the games fault, but this is why I have trouble getting obsessed with Extinction.

4 years, I worked at peoples homes and saw the mindless masses in their lairs, 4 years I managed a pizzeria, and dealt with what i thought was the dregs of humanity. Then, for over a decade, i worked retail in a RadioShat, where the absolute bottom-feeders of humanity sludged through the door with their endless waves of idiocy.

So playing zombies was therapy. It was like retail, but you killed the mindless masses. Therapy.

Gta? Running folk over, shooting them for fun? Therapy.

CoD? Angrily blowing the crap out of people that are pissing me off? Therapy.

Twisted Metal worked because of our societies addiction to cars. Plenty of road rage therapy.

But Extinction? It gives me comradery and the joy of a completed job, but it's not therapy. I don't hate the squeaky iguanas. I don't hate the giant crab nor the flowers. Granted, the scorpions are annoying enough to generate the right hatred, but it's just not enough.

Gimme Bordomlands1, or Waw or waw zombies, where the bits fly as the therapeutic session ensues.

Killing some flowers and lizards isn't therapy.

Anyone else understand?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I definitely understand what you are getting at here 83457. Zombies is my down time. When I put on my robe/slippers and smoke my pipe in front of the fire place and relax. You know if I had a robe, slippers, pipe, or fire place. However, when playing Extinction I am on the edge of my seat constantly calling out drops ect. It's not a bad thing, but it just doesn't provide the same amount of stress relief that Zombies does. I like to end my tiring day after work with sitting at the end of a hallway and picking off some head shots.