Auto Reply To New Topics

Hells Warrrior

Question

• Tech Admin

We have installed an auto reply function to new topics within the introduction forum, this will basically give a big hello to new members with a few links - this is intended for new members to get a quick response to an introduction and to also give them a quick heads up on what to do.

We may add the post formatting link and others but don't want to overload them, hopefully this proves a useful addition.

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Tech Admin

@GRILL @KeredNomrah69

The introduction topic has been corrected "again" if it fails again, I might need to do an automated cache rebuild on it eery few hours just to keep it in check. Thanks for the feedback on the automated response. @GRILL has already replied and said why it's here and why we use it. 

When I contact any company online and send them a message, I always get an automated response. It will tell you approximate time scales to receive a response and will supply some useful information as well. That's all it is, a welcome and thank you for making an introduction, better getting something rather than nothing.

I honestly do not see what the fuss is all about? It's just an automated thank you message with useful info, surely a good thing to help out those new members. It's a daunting place if you don't know your way around.