Maxis' Journey - Origins And Why It Is Named So

This theory came to me in a moment where the stars aligned, the sun shone bright and the gods felt good. What I am about to bring you today could shatter your understanding of everything you ever thought you knew about the storyline and our main story characters (Samantha, Richtofen & Maxis, the Trinity of Zombies). 

Maxis. A man who is crucial in our story. We've always thought we knew who Maxis was, but I am here today to share with you what Origins' ending brought us story wise, and how it all ties into the game we all know and love. I will divide this into three pieces: Part A, which is mainly theory with no evidence, the other two parts are just the continuation of the story so far with evidence.

Part A: The Escape Plan

Maxis, Samantha and Edward lived in OUR universe. They lived in a place in America which would eventually be dubbed "Nuketown" and nuclear tests would be carried out there. Day and night, Samantha and Edward would play with the toys created by Maxis to entertain them. Maxis was an incredibly advanced man. He had obtained an unknown substance which gave off amazing levels of power. He dubbed this Element 115, or Divinium. This strange and unusual substance could create tears through space and time, allowing for almost anything to happen. Maxis began to see visions of the future due to his increased exposure to this substance, and his sanity was questioned by many a doctor. These visions began to grow in intensity, showing him unsettling visions where he would see his two favourite people in the world being killed over and over again. These visions caused him to get to work on a device which could send him through time and space, pulling him out of the reality he lived in and saving the lives of the children.

As a side project, he turned some of his visions into stories and figures to entertain the children Using these toys, the children created stories of characters in a faraway land who fought mystical Zombies, always eventually being overwhelmed. However, there were occasions where the two were feeling forgiving, so allowed for an alternate end: one where everything returned to normal. While this was going on, Maxis' fervour increased. The visions were beginning to drive him to push harder, eventually finishing construction of the device. However, when he was done, a siren was sounded, signalling the beginning of the time space in which it would be possible to activate the device. He called the children down to the basement, after which Samantha pronounced to Eddy that "[her] father has a plan." When the children reach the basement, Maxis ushers them into the Teleporter. He then flicks a switch on the wall, and transports all three of them to a place in Germany.

As soon as the teleportation takes place, the house they lived in exploded from the power strain. The children succumb to the power of the leap, having pieces of their memory wiped, and Edward's body growth has rapidly accelerated, ageing him significantly. Maxis finds a job a scientist at a Group 935 research facility, and rises through the ranks to become the leader. Samantha and Edward adapt to this new world, Edward heading to school and following his friend Dr "Ludvig von Maxis" the name he has taken for himself here, eventually becoming a scientist himself and joining the ranks of Group 935's Waffenbrïk Der Riese facility. All have by now developed the accent common to Germany.

Part B: The Consequences of My Choices

With the children saved, Maxis' visions all but dissipate. He believes himself to be a scientist who runs the Der Riese facility. He fully accepts his new job, and all visions fade from his head. But soon, the Group discovers a new substance which Maxis is all-too-familiar with: Element 115. The rock looks a different colour in this reality, but by the visions which flash through his mind the moment his hand collides with the rock, he instantly knows. He gives it the same name, except withholding the "Divinium". The Element took the memories of 2 young children and reaped Edward of his childhood. It no longer deserves a name containing divine. Edward begins to work on the Wunderwaffe program with Maxis, and they discover the effects of 115 on dead cells. Edward begins a program on creating Teleporters, but Maxis forbids him, the original teleporter incident now fresh in his mind.

The rest is history, as they say.

Part C: All That I Have Worked For

Once the events of Moon transpire, Maxis, now trapped half-in, half-out of the Aether begins to look for something which he saw in a vision: 4 survivors located near the Green Run site. He searches for them for decades, until they finally arrive in the Bus Depot. He helps them to construct a system which will allow him to regain power of the Aether, and save his darling Samantha. He believes Richtofen to be beyond saving. Maxis goes to the ends of the Earth to save Samantha, similar to what he did to save her from befalling her fate in the normal world. He announces that he must save her from Agartha once he regains control of the Aether, and begins to use the Rift to pull apart the Earth to reach Agartha. Meanwhile, Samantha convinces the O4 from Origins to help her, as when she reached Agartha, her memory was restored. She knows what her father did, and she must save him before he destroys every dimension to find her...

FIN

How was that? That was my first full-blown, ultra-theory.

I hope I did well and you enjoyed the read. Whether you agree or disagree, post me some feedback and help me to refine it.

~Naitrax~

Kapow.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a very well-thought out theory. Thank you so much for sharing and happy 935th post! Personally, Origins is so open-ended you can legitimately say that Maxis is secretly a dog with a plan to destroy the Earth and colonize Mars. I personally believe that there's some dimension-hopping and time traveling shenanigans going on, but not this elaborate. Anything's possible though, and I suppose we'll see November.

Regretfully, I must inform you, neither the Earth, nor its felines will survive.

This is a very well-thought out theory. Thank you so much for sharing and happy 935th post! Personally, Origins is so open-ended you can legitimately say that Maxis is secretly a dog with a plan to destroy the Earth and colonize Mars. I personally believe that there's some dimension-hopping and time traveling shenanigans going on, but not this elaborate. Anything's possible though, and I suppose we'll see November.

Regretfully, I must inform you, neither the Earth, nor its felines will survive.

Thank you muchly. I guess I enjoyed writing it. Suddenly, my passion for CoDz has returned!

*insert celebration here, including many knives at each other and jumping while throwing grenades and shooting the sky, as with all complete Easter Eggs*

The thing I really like most about your theory is how it actually explains why Richtofen, Maxis and Samantha speak English. I know this is technically for gameplay purposes but your theory also involves the story.

As they are American, they speak English and the it makes sense that they developed German accents along the way. This theory supports why they don't simply speak German. Also, I love the idea of Samantha and Maxis living in Nuketown

The thing I really like most about your theory is how it actually explains why Richtofen, Maxis and Samantha speak English. I know this is technically for gameplay purposes but your theory also involves the story.

As they are American, they speak English and the it makes sense that they developed German accents along the way. This theory supports why they don't simply speak German. Also, I love the idea of Samantha and Maxis living in Nuketown

Thanks! I appreciate all the feedback.