The Rise And Fall Of Edward Richtofen

Shooter

*UPDATE 9/18* Updated the original timeline Origins in full, will update with the new timeline Origins at the end of the thread. Mob of the dead will remain as is for now. Stay tuned. Thanks Shooter

NOTE: This is not a new thread. This is copy of my old thread that I released more than six months ago. The images need to be reloaded, and formatting needs to be updated (as I took this from the Vb site). Please be patient as I make these updates. Welcome for those have not yet viewed the thread. The link in my signature hasn't worked for quite some time basically ever since the last crash. This a just a reload of my old thread which I found on the vb site. I couldn't be able to tell you how much time I've put into this thread, and has been a giant headache putting it together. I can't tell you how many times I had to go back and delete something I took awhile to write because I found evidence to the contrary. With the upcoming zombies info coming in fast, I figure it's best to get this out now and then just to continue to work as we go.  The formatting is still very lacking at points and I hope to clean it up and add a much more detail. With the storyline of BO2 at our hands, it will probably be put on the back burner for a bit as a begin to write Part 2 for BO2. If you have ANY questions or suggestions at all (besides formatting stuff for now) please let me know.  I have always strived to provide as much in-game evidence to support any theory I have. After all, it's the best evidence. I've studied the quotes religiously. Viewed terminal files on a daily basis, torn apart CJ's soundfile videos, all in the search for answers. Over the past two years it's been a bit of an obsession for me to say that least. BO2 gives me hope we'll see an even more complex storyline that will ensure this storyline continues.  One more thing, just gotta thank a few guys now (ill make a thanks section later). Biggest thanks easily goes to Brad (Tac). This was my go to guy for anything storyline related. I learned everything from this guy. Not only taught me the story, but how to build strong threads that work well, what to research, everything. I don't get to talk to him much unfortunately, but quite often you'll see his ideas shine in this thread. Also gotta thank the following guys, who through discussion here and on Skype, have helped progress the library of knowledge of what we know about the storyline: Blind, Mac, Mix, Eye, Rissole, MMX, Faust, Alpha, and all the other guys the helped contribute to the pre-BO2 storyline. I may have wrote this thread, but WE wrote this storyline.

Home

Rise of Richtofen

June 30, 1908. Siberia, Russia

On the morning of June 30th, 1908, a very powerful explosion occurred in the skies just above Siberia, in modern day Russia. The explosion was caused by the breakup and resulting impact of a large meteorite. Around 80 million trees were knocked down by the shock wave from the tremendous explosion, and small fragments of the meteorite were found scattered across the area.

Tunguska pic•

The meteorite contained a new element unknown to man, Element 115. Small fragments left over from the meteorite's impact contained high concentrations of this mysterious new element. The element produced an extremely powerful energy, with very unique capabilities that would soon be discovered. It was the first source of Element 115 found on Earth, but it would not be the last.

A group of scientists conduct an investigation on the site, and recover small fragments of Element 115. An organization is formed by these scientists to conduct research on the element, and is named Group 935.

•group 935 logo pic•

One such scientist was an intelligent, stubborn man by the name of Dr. Ludvig Maxis. Dr. Maxis was a well renown scientist from Germany, who garnered the attention of the German military with his previous research and contributions to the scientific field.

•Dr maxis pic•

Another scientist working with Dr. Maxis in Group 935's beginning was a brilliant young man named Edward Richtofen. The aspiring scientist had joined Group 935 early in it's inceptions, hoping to work his way up the ranks.

•pic of Richtofen•      

Dr. Maxis had first met Edward at HeidelbergUniversity in Southern Germany, where he was impressed by the potential that the young scientist held. Richtofen however was affected deeply by personal tragedy, when he suffered the lost of both of his parents. After their deaths, Dr. Maxis took Richtofen under his wing, acting as a father figure of sorts. 

Dr. Maxis and Richtofen began their study on the newly found Element 115, doing a full analysis on the mysterious energy it produced. This energy became of great interest to the leaders of Group 935, who had hoped to capitalize on it's power to produce new weaponry for the German Army.

During the study of the element, the scientists decided on a scientific name for the element: Divinium.

In the following years, Maxis would draw up a new periodic table to properly match their findings, listing Divinium with the atomic number 115.

•pic of 115 on elemental table•

1915. Europe

World War I had just begun. The Centrals powers consisting of superpowers Germany and Austria-Hungary were in an all out war with the Allied Powers of France, Russia, and the United Kingdom. The war began after the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria by a Serbian citizen. This caused tensions between Austria-Hungary and Serbia, eventually causing Austria-Hungary to declare war on Serbia.

Back in Germany, Maxis and  Richtofen are continuing their research on Element 115, and are yielding promising results. The energy produced by the element is unlike anything known to man. After the war breaks out, the German Imperial Army takes notice of Group 935's experiments, and contracts them to build weaponry for the battlefield.

Working in Weapons Development, Dr. Maxis and Richtofen both feel differently about the recent deal with the German army. While Maxis is opposed to the idea, Richtofen sees it as an opportunity to jump start his young career. Edward quickly builds relationships with Group 935's leaders, which begins to concern Maxis.

•From his very first day studying at Heidelberg, Edward displayed an intellect and maturity well beyond his years. However, the impact of his parents' death has affected him deeply. Though I have tried to provide him with some sort of father figure, I fear his choices may be increasingly influenced by his new found friends within group nine three five.•

During the war, firearms manufacturer Mauser is contracted by the Imperial German Army to provide the firearms needed for their soldiers on the frontline. Mauser would produce over 150,000 C96 semi-automatic pistols for the German army during the war. Dr. Maxis uses this same type of pistol, the C96, to develop a new prototype weapon for the German army. On January 5, 1915, Maxis completes the designs on this revolutionary new weapon, dubbed the "CXS". 

•Mauser cxs pic•

The CXS was the first unofficial "Wonder Weapon" for the German Army. After the success of the CXS, the Imperial German Army becomes even more interested in Group 935 and these revolutionary new weapons, and begin an official Wunderwaffe program in hopes of producing more.

There is one problem however, as the 115 source is running low. It is not until two years later that another source of the element is found. 

September 1917. Northern France

In September of 1917, as the war between the Allies and the Central Powers was continuing, an enormous amount of 115 is discovered at an ancient site in Northern France by the occupying German Army. Reports from the front lines about the discovery get back to Dr. Maxis at Group 935, who quickly sends in a team to begin the excavation of the newly found element.

Dr. Maxis arrives with Richtofen and his team of Group 935 members. When they arrive at the site, they discover a strange mound of earth. Upon the initial investigation of the site, they discover that the mound contains an extraordinary large amount of Element 115.

Also on top of the mound is a large set of broken rune stones, which strangely could not be moved despite all efforts.

Group 935 constructs a makeshift facility in order to continue their study of 115 while the war rages on. They quickly discover the electrical capabilities of the element, and work feverously to find a way to harness the power. Dr. Maxis constructs a prototype 115 Conversion Generator inside the laboratory, which was able to utilize the element's power through a conversion process, providing power to any electrical devices in the area. 

•pic of conversion generator•

While the tests are considered a success, the conversion generators begin to do something very strange. Dr. Maxis makes note of the strange phenomenon in his audio diary.

Dr. Maxis: Researching Element 115 continues to yield unseen results. The conversion process creates localized energy fields, which appear to function as portals, bringing forth objects of indeterminate origin. It is my hypothesis, however outlandish, that this transferal of matter may actually be occurring through space and time. I believe the answer may lay with the broken rune stones, located at the mound. Perhaps channeling sufficient energy into the *inaudible* generators, to their location, may prove fruitful.

Despite concerns about the strange side effects from the conversion process , five more generators are installed throughout the area.

•pic of map with generators•

As each generator is powered, the immovable rune stones at the mound begin to move. Each piece falls together to create a mysterious device, which when powered through the 115 Conversion Generators are sent to the ancient machine. While researching the machine a gun in placed inside the slot, and something bizarre happens. The gun disappears for a brief moment, before reappearing inside the slot looking completely different. 

•pic of modified weapon•

The weapon was transformed by the energy from the mound into a much more powerful version of it's former self, giving the gun devastating lethality. 

Also while working at the dig site, the excavation team unearthed a variety of ancient artifacts, including a mysterious stone chest.

•pic of origins mystery box•

The strange stone box puzzled the scientists. When powered by 115, the box would open on it's own free will, and would spawn weapons from different time periods in history, right in front of their very eyes. 

Dr. Ludvig Maxis: When 115 is channeled towards the ancient stones, an energy field appears to drag unknown objects into our reality. Is it possible that Element 115 is disrupting the space-time continuum itself? How else could an ancient box, created eons ago, bring forth weapons from different eras, perhaps including even our own future! Further study is needed to understand these powerful and unpredictable forces.

Maxis' group is quickly making progress, but the breakthroughs have come at a cost. An unforeseen side effect of the element was it's effect on the human mind. When exposed to radiation from the element, humans would be subject to things such as short term memory loss and paranoia. As more of the virus spread to the brain, the effects would grow more intense, leading to full on psychosis.

In a short time at Site 64, Group 935 members began to experience these side effects. Even Dr. Maxis himself begins to succumb to the virus after conducting their initial research, showing signs of radiation poisoning. Richtofen becomes worried about the new behavior he is seeing in his mentor, and makes a note of it in his personal journal. 

•September 22nd, 1917 When we began the site excavation, our group could not have predicted the dark path down which our work would lead us. The doctor remains both adamant and optimistic that the potential applications for the new found element are worth the associated risks. I concur with the sentiment, but feel increasingly anxious as to the changes I am seeing in my oldest friend...•

Despite his worries, Richtofen continues to help Maxis. As they continued the excavation of the main site, they eventually discover the entrance into a large, underground chamber. The excavation team discovers a strange blue seal at the base of the large room, but are unaware of exactly what it is. 

•pic of main chamber•

Try as they might, they are unable to open the mysterious seal with brute force. The team also finds ancient text within the main chamber that spoke of earthly elemental stones, which when harnessed could produce tremendous amount of power. The text also states that the energy can only be harnessed with what is known as an Amplification Rod. Maxis makes a recording in his audio log regarding their discoveries. 

•Dr. Ludvig Maxis: "The ancient text describes an artifact known to them as the Amplification Rod. It is my firm belief this item is instrumental to harnessing the energy of the Elemental stones. Unfortunately, neither the rod, nor the stones, have been recovered from any of our dig sites. I feel we must push forward regardless. As such, I have drawn up plans to make replica rods based on the descriptions from the main chamber. I will instruct Richtofen to begin fabrication immediately."•

Despite the extensive amount of excavating throughout the months, the ancient elemental rods are never found. Maxis was able to solve this problem by designing replicas, based on the descriptions found in the texts from inside the main chamber. After drawing up blueprints, he places Richtofen in charge of constructing them.

•pic of amp rod blueprint•

Back inside the main chamber, Group 935 members are still struggling to open the mysterious seal within it. Even with the best tools and the strongest men, the seal can not be broken by brute force. In order to relieve some of the tension off the exhausted excavation team, someone brings in a gramophone 
and a record to play for the men.

But when the first song is played, something very strange happens. The seal inside the chamber begins to react to the sound. The same seal that the men worked on for days trying to break, is now opening with ease at the sound of the music. The main chamber has now opened up to a much larger chamber directly below it. Maxis is pleased, but baffled by the results.

•pic of sub chamber•

Dr. Ludvig Maxis: It is by chance of fate alone, that we unlocked the seal to the main chamber. Repeated efforts to use brute force proved ineffective and left the man exhausted, and frustrated. In an effort to alleviate the tension, one of the soldiers brought a gramophone to the chamber, along with a recording by a group of performers, known as The Source Noire. To our astonishment, as we listened to the first few bars of music, the seal itself began to open. I can not help but wonder if other such recordings may similarly reveal other areas of the catacombs.•

During the passing month at the site, the team had created many smaller excavation sites throughout the area. Four other sites had the same ancient symbols found throughout the main excavation site, as well as what appeared to be a doorway carved into the wall. 

•pic of doorway to crazy place•

As Maxis continues to make new scientific breakthroughs at the site, Richtofen's focus turns solely to producing new weapons for the German Army. Edward no longer has the desire to work in the name of science, but only for pleasing the leaders of Group 935.

One such device created by Richtofen was a modified M1914  fitted with a 115 converter, allowing the vehicle to be powered by very small amounts of the substance. It was a major breakthrough for Richtofen and Group 935. 

But Group 935's biggest achievement came with the development of a massive new war machine. The machine was a giant mechanical robot capable of decimating anything in it's path. Standing over 300 feet tall, the robots could deliver troops behind enemy lines, while destroying the enemies behind those lines in the process. 

Powered by Element 115, the giants were designed to turn the war for Germany. Dr. Maxis however did not willingly take part in the construction of these robots. He saw these creations as a means for Group 935 to cause nothing but death and destruction. Dr. Maxis has had enough of Group 935 and Richtofen, and makes contact with the enemy Allied forces.

•Though Edward's work was integral to our initial analysis of Divinium, the rift between us grows deeper each day. I fear his loyalties lay only with group nine three five and their insatiable desire for yet more devastating weaponry. I myself can no longer continue on this path in all conscience. Though my actions will inevitably be viewed as treason, I am more concerned with just how Edward will react when I tell him of my contact with the allies.•

Maxis and Richtofen were growing apart by the day. To make matters worse, the radiation from the element has begun to take over Dr. Maxis. 

He begins to hear what he thinks is the voice of a young girl in his head. The girls states that she has been trapped inside Agartha, the location Maxis had just read about in the ancient texts. And things only get worse, when after repeated contact she says that she's his daughter. 

Dr. Ludvig Maxis: The child's voice calls to me more frequently than ever. At first she spoke only of her imprisonment in a mystical realm known as Agartha. Now she claims to be my daughter, even though I know no such child exists! I fear my sanity may be slipping away from me.

Maxis believes his mind is now starting to deteriorate from the prolonged exposure to 115. No matter what he does, he continues to hear the voice of a little girl inside of his head.

He quickly grows an obsession with this strange new voice, and his behavior begins to reflect the influence she has on him. Maxis's focus now turns to finding Agartha and helping this girl.

Richtofen notices his behavior  getting increasingly worse over time, turning to the point of obsession. Richtofen is forced to report the erratic behavior of the doctor to the high command at Group 935.

•May 13 1918 The journal of Pablo Marinus has been a most valuable source of information... We now stand at the edge of a brave new world. Our survey of the site has led us to believe that this location may hold the largest single source of 115 yet discovered. We have been authorized to begin work immediately... Maxis has become obsessed, he neglects the true focus of our mission and instead chases legends and myths. I fear that the girl's influence may have irrevocably poisoned his mind. It is with considerable regret that I must report his current mental instability to Group 935's leaders... Richtofen•

Even as Maxis is showing the initial signs of Element 115 radiation, he is continuing his research of the ancient stones and and catacombs in an effort to find Agartha.

After opening the main chamber at the excavation site, he attempts to play the record at the other ancient catacombs. The record however does not work at the other four sites. Other records are played at the four sites, and the doorways suddenly react again. The doorways all lead to a strange and dangerous new location.

•pic of crazy place•

Dubbed "The Crazy Place" by the workers, the door led to a gateway between another dimension. After passing through a tunnel of light, anyone that entered the doorway would end up in a small chamber within the Earth. The chamber served as an entrance into Agartha.

"The

Crazy Place
" got it's name because of the Ancient undead that would attack anyone that entered. The undead guardians served as a last line of defense for Agartha, and prevented any human from entering.

•pic of agarthan guard•

As the war continues on, Allied forces are sent in from all over the world to the battle lines in France. German armed forces have seized control of Northern France and are gearing to release something huge. The Germany Army in WWI, under the command of Kaiser Wilhelm II, Commander in Chief of the German Armed Forces, hopes the mass production of these deadly metal machines produced by Group 935 would win the war for Germany.

The Allies quickly took action when discovering Group 935's operations, sending in three special agents to investigate the site and do recon. 

•October 6, 1917, a Japanese soldier by the name of Takeo Masaki is shipped to France to join the Allied forces as they take on the German forces controlling the territory. Before he ships out, he makes an entry into his journal about his upcoming mission. The Emperor of Japan fears the world's push to develop the machines will lead to a new age of warfare. Takeo's mission is to secure plans for the country of Japan.

•pic of Takeo from origins•

November 19th, 1917, a young American Marine by the name of Tank Dempsey is sent to the frontlines in Northern France. A week before he arrives, he writes a letter about what he'll experience. The Marine Corps unit is there to support the Allies as they investigate the German's development of these new machines in Northern France. Rumors circulating describe strange sightings on the battlefield aside from these machines, from strange lights in the sky to a strange new plague.

•pic of tank from origins•

On December 10, 1917, a Soviet soldier, Nikolai Belinski, receives a letter from his homeland to partake in a vital new mission in Northern France to join the investigation of these new war machines. Intelligence states German Kaiser(Emperor) Wilhelm II was ready to unleash a new danger upon the world. 

•pic of nikolai from origins•

As the three soldiers and the Allied forces were closing in on Group 935's facility in Northern France, the events at the site were reaching a boiling point. Maxis' condition was worsening by the days as 115 was taking over his body completely. And bad goes to worse, when an incident occurs at the main dig site. During the night, an ancient evil is released at the main dig site of Site 64. 

A crew of workers installing generators in the subchamber breached a wall in the room, releasing an undead horde of age-old zombies onto the world. Dressed in ancient Templar clothing and possessing strange blue eyes, the ancient evil quickly tears apart the excavation team within the subchamber.

•cutscene part•

•Dr. Ludvig Maxis: When I awoke this morning, I learned of mysterious events that took place during the night. Men working on the installation of the generators reported seeing ancient figures emerging from the mound. I would doubt their story, but for the fact that by morning, many of the men were either dead or missing.•

The ancient evil released during the night escapes the main chamber, and begins to destroy everything in it's sight. The camp is being overrun at an astonishing rate, and the doctors are quickly running out of options. The element has taken over Maxis' body, and he is quickly losing his battle and succumbs to the sickness. 

In an attempt to preserve his mind, his brain is removed by Dr. Richtofen and placed into a preservative jar. 

•pic of maxis brain in jar•

•Final entry In just a few short months, Group 935's work with Element 115 has allowed the Wonder Weapon program to progress at a rate beyond our wildest expectations. However, our work was not without consequence. The Ancient evil unleashed from the mound has carved a path of terror and destruction across the entirety of the camp. With Maxis too having succumbed to the sickness, I am forced to take drastic action to preserve what remains of his mind. I now face an uncertain future, alone.•

The first part of the operation is a success, and Maxis' brain is removed. Now Richtofen must find a new host body, as well a new location to finish the operation. After receiving the intel Maxis had previously provided, the biggest force of Allied troops had arrived at Site 64. 

The three Allied operatives Tank, Nikolai, and Takeo are first to arrive on scene for a special mission: the recovery of Dr. Edward Richtofen. In order to escape capture and certain death, the doctor has no other choice but to flee the site, to the relative safety behind German lines. 

With Maxis' brain still in the preservative jar, Richtofen successfully makes his escape. As the doctor narrowly escaped captured, the Allied forces moved in, and discovered a site they could not believe with their eyes. Undead running rampant, giant robots, strange experiments.

Tank Dempsey, Takeo Masaki, and Nikolai Belinski all do recon on the base for their respective countries, and discover the doctor is already gone. 

Field report. Confirming arrival at site identified in our intel. No sign of the target nor the other agents believed to be on intercept course. Dempsey. Target area appears affected by an unknown contaminant. Enemy personnel had degenerated to their primal instincts, exhibiting irrational and unparalleled savagery. Recommend all allied units set up excursion zone until further intel is available. Dempsey out." 

The American is first to arrive, and confirms that neither the doctor nor the other two Allied operatives were at the location. Tank reports back to command to setup a parameter zone around the location after discovering a strange virus that has spread through the camp. Nikolai Belinski arrives later and discovers the undead hordes that the American had come across, as well as the giant robots constructed by Group 935.

"What in Lenin's name is going on? I saw a huge steel beast, tall as the spires of Moscow Cathedral, just what have the Germans been doing in this place? My every step is beset by attacks from legions of unnatural creatures, stumbling, rotten.. filthy corpses!"

Takeo Masaki arrives in order to secure data and intel regarding the giant robots for the Emperor of Japan. And like the other two, his main target while investigating the site is Dr. Richtofen. 

Our concerns of the German plan appear well founded. Huge mechanised weapons stalk the battlefield. I must ensure the emperor learns of these developments

In a combined effort by the overwhelming Allied forces, the site is contained and bombarded with airstrikes. The three giant robots are destroyed, as well as the excavation site and the majority of the Element 115 found at the site. After the outbreak is controlled, the soldiers move in to secure the base for investigation. Each country does it's own investigation at the site to secure as much data as possible. While Tank Dempsey is at the site, he recovers material detailing a 115 Excavator that had been previously drawn up by Dr. Maxis. 

•pic of 115 excavator•

The blueprints would be used in the future to extract 115 for America. 

Dr. Richtofen manages to escape any capture by the Allies and returns to a safe haven deep within central Germany. Fortunately, the doctor was able to keep Dr. Maxis' brain safe from harm during his retreat back to the homeland. Dr. Richtofen is able to successfully transplant Maxis' brain into a fresh, young body uncorrupted by the element. 

The two doctors however are now on their own. Group 935 was dissolved, and nearly all of their research was lost or seized by the Allies. In the following years, Maxis and Richtofen would conduct more research on 115's ability to distort space and time, in an attempt to use these powers to their advantage in the creation of a prototype teleporter.

It would be two decades until Maxis' and Richtofen produce the first concept teleporter, titled the Matter Transference Device. 

1939. Lower Silisia, Near Breslau, Germany

The year is 1939, and Ludvig Maxis and Edward Richtofen are back in Germany. Group 935 has been restructured. A facility in central Germany known as Der Riese ("The Giant") was chosen as the new site for the group. Gathering the best scientists from around the world, the goal of the scientific group was to improve the human condition. Dr. Ludvig Maxis is the leader of Group 935, and places his old friend Dr. Edward Richtofen as his primary assistant. 

Der Riese was the host of Die Glocke ("The Bell") project among other things. Dr. Maxis addresses his newly chosen members, and makes his introductory speech: 

Dr Maxis: "Gentlemen, allow me to take this opportunity to welcome you group nine three five. This is a prestigious moment in the history of our race. You represent the future of technological advancement. You are the pioneers of human discovery. In your hands lies the destiny of mankind. In our hands is a great power and with that power comes a price. You have volunteered to be part of this great experiment and with that decision comes the responsibility of absolute secrecy. No one is to know what you do, where you work, what our research has discovered, or what our purpose will be. You will have no further contact with your governments or with your families. Your decision to fully dedicate your lives to Group 935 is absolute. In your lockers you will find your field ops manual which will direct you should our manifesto get compromised. We cannot afford to let this power fall into the wrong hands and therefore the field ops manual should be considered your bible. Make your preparations now. A new dawn is beginning for mankind.•

While both Maxis and Richtofen were old friends and had worked towards this same goal early in Group 935's inception, they were two very different people.

Ludvig Maxis is the founder of Group 935 which he started to conduct research that would improve the human condition. Stubborn in nature and very impatient, Ludvig Maxis was not the most social of people, preferring his work in the lab over all else. Everything except for his daughter, that is. 

Samantha Maxis was born in the mid 1930's. After her mothers death, Maxis vowed to keep Samantha safe at all times, taking her wherever he went. He brings Samantha, who is around 6 years of age at the time, to the newly formed Der Riese facility.

Dr. Edward Richtofen, known affectionately as "The Butcher" to his victims as they scream in agony moments before he snuffs out their light. All through his career, Richtofen has been at the forefront of torture and information extraction research. Richtofen is an incurable sociopath and sees no moral distinction between natural death and murder; the victim is the victim, regardless of how their demise manifests itself. Doctor Richtofen has a collection of stuffed animals, most of them posed in positions of terror at the instant of their death." 

Edward Richtofen's sadistic nature and sociopathic tendencies were instilled in him from a lifetime of death, most likely stemming back to psychotic behavior displayed as a child. Richtofen takes joy in his kills, and he'll soon find himself on a path of death and destruction as he begins his work with Maxis.

Der Riese Facility. December 4, 1939

's research, Dr. Richtofen is in charge of creating a working MTP teleporter, as well as designing and creating a new weapon, the Wunderwaffe DG2.

Maxis' main focus will be to create a way to control the undead minds of the zombies infected with Element 115. The MTP, or Matter Transference Prototype, was the first prototype teleporter created by Maxis, Richtofen, and other members of Group 935. The first MTP was a small scale device, but served as a stepping stone to much larger teleportation devices in the future. The MTP is fueled directly from an Element 115 source. The energy that Element 115 produces is vital for completing the teleportation process successfully. 

On December 4, 1939, Dr. Richtofen with the help of another 935 scientist, Dr. Schuster, continue their testing of the MTP. After more than a hundred failed attempts, the two scientists decide to dial down the weight of the test subject. They decide to test on a walnut to prove that teleportation is actually possible

Edward Richtofen: "Log entry 38. Date: September 4, 1939. The matter transferring prototype is prepared for test run number 151. We have now reduced our test subject's mass to prove that this is possible. Dr. Schuster, please give an overview."
Dr. Schuster: "
Yes Dr.
Richtofen. We have a new test subject, a walnut, weighing in at 10 grams. The target platform is now at three feet with no obstructions. We have one microgram of the element which, according to our calculations, will be entirely used up during the test." Edward Richtofen: "Excellent Dr Schuster. Commence test number 151."
Dr. Schuster: "Yes, Doctor. Please insert your earplugs." 
(Buzzing, whizzing, clanging, and propelling are heard) 
Dr. Schuster: "Good God! We've done it! We have powered a prototype. And it moved a walnut directly from the prototype device into the receiving device. It moved instantly. It... it teleported."
Edward Richtofen: "Get me Dr. Maxis immediately!" 

The test is a success, and the walnut is teleported thirty feet away from his original location. Finally, teleportation was a success. Richtofen believes a big breakthrough has been made in moving forward with the production of the MTP, and is anxious to inform Maxis of the great news.

Ludwig Maxis: "But this is not the crucial experiment you were supposed to be working on..." Edward Richtofen: "With all due respect, Doctor Maxis, this is a breakthrough of unimaginable proportions."  Ludwig Maxis: (Sarcastically) "What? That you moved a walnut a few feet? Yes, Edward, we will improve the human condition by revolutionizing the walnut industry. I can see it now: 'Edward's Walnut Delivery."  Edward Richtofen:  "Don't be obtuse."  Ludwig Maxis: (Angrily) "How dare you call me that! We are at war, Edward! (slightly calmer) I will admit that there is promise here but until this war is won..."  Edward Richtofen: "Correct me if I'm wrong, Doctor Maxis, but Group 935 is a research organization with what was the motto to improve the human condition. What business of ours is it?"  Ludwig Maxis: (In a defeated voice) "Fine, Doctor Richtofen, I will let you in on a little administrative secret: we are finalizing a deal with the Nazi party. We need funding, we need equipment, they need new weapons. Chances are this war will end soon with a treaty or two and we will be in a much better position to help the world."  Edward Richtofen: "Are you certain this won't cause massive defections? We have scientists from all over the world working with us."  Ludwig Maxis: "That is why it is with the utmost confidence that I share this with you. No one will know of this. This is simply the breaking of an egg to make an omelet."  Edward Richtofen: "Think of the tactical advantage we will have..."  Ludwig Maxis: "Think of the cost, think of the time! We can provide the Nazis tactical expertise in various areas without putting all our eggs in your (angrily) walnut basket. Good day, Edward, and get back to your real work." (Feet hitting the ground and a door slamming can be heard)  Edward Richtofen: "What a jerk. I think Doctor Maxis has lost his perspective. No matter... we will do this on our own and publish the findings before he has a chance to..."  Dr. Schuster: "You're not suggesting that Dr. Maxis would steal this technology and perfect this without us, are you?"  Edward Richtofen: "I would by no means discourage that thought. Great scientists must stick together and achieve great science."  However, Dr. Maxis is not impressed by Richtofen's so-called "breakthrough". Maxis criticizes Richtofen's accomplishments, and insists that bigger strides need to be made if the war will be won in their favour.  Richtofen is a bit put off by this, as he was under the impression that Group 935 was meant to improve the human condition, and not win some war. Maxis reveals that they are recieving funding from the Nazi party in exchange for the newest advanced weapons, more specifically the DG-2. But Maxis does not have any plans to release the DG-2 or help the Nazi Party, but rather use them for funding for Group 935 while waiting out a resolution to the war. Once a treaty is made, then Group 935 can continue to help improve the human condition.  Edward is concerned this might cause problems within Group 935, as there are scientists from all over the world within the organization, but ends up playing along with Maxis' reasonings for the Nazi backing. Maxis tells him to get back to developing a working MTP, one capable of more than walnuts.  Edward ultimately decides he will publish their findings independently as he becomes paranoid that Maxis would steal his ideas D

//change///b\\change\\//change/////change///i\\change\\//change///font\\change\\ The test is a success, and the walnut is teleported thirty feet away from his original location. Finally, teleportation was a success. Richtofen believes a big breakthrough has been made in moving forward with the production of the MTP, and is anxious to inform Maxis of the great news. //change//b\\change\\//change//font=Georgia\\change\\//change//i\\change\\ Ludwig Maxis: "But this is not the crucial experiment you were supposed to be working on..."  Edward Richtofen: "With all due respect, Doctor Maxis, this is a breakthrough of unimaginable proportions."  Ludwig Maxis: (Sarcastically) "What? That you moved a walnut a few feet? Yes, Edward, we will improve the human condition by revolutionizing the walnut industry. I can see it now: 'Edward's Walnut Delivery."  Edward Richtofen: "Don't be obtuse."  Ludwig Maxis: (Angrily) "How dare you call me that! We are at war, Edward! (slightly calmer) I will admit that there is promise here but until this war is won..."  Edward Richtofen: "Correct me if I'm wrong, Doctor Maxis, but Group 935 is a research organization with what was the motto to improve the human condition. What business of ours is it?"  Ludwig Maxis: (In a defeated voice) "Fine, Doctor Richtofen, I will let you in on a little administrative secret: we are finalizing a deal with the Nazi party. We need funding, we need equipment, they need new weapons. Chances are this war will end soon with a treaty or two and we will be in a much better position to help the world."  Edward Richtofen: "Are you certain this won't cause massive defections? We have scientists from all over the world working with us."  Ludwig Maxis: "That is why it is with the utmost confidence that I share this with you. No one will know of this. This is simply the breaking of an egg to make an omelet."  Edward Richtofen: "Think of the tactical advantage we will have..."  Ludwig Maxis: "Think of the cost, think of the time! We can provide the Nazis tactical expertise in various areas without putting all our eggs in your (angrily) walnut basket. Good day, Edward, and get back to your real work." (Feet hitting the ground and a door slamming can be heard)  Edward Richtofen: "What a jerk. I think Doctor Maxis has lost his perspective. No matter... we will do this on our own and publish the findings before he has a chance to..."  Dr. Schuster: "You're not suggesting that Dr. Maxis would steal this technology and perfect this without us, are you?"  Edward Richtofen: "I would by no means discourage that thought. Great scientists must stick together and achieve great science." However, Dr. Maxis is not impressed by Richtofen's so-called "breakthrough". Maxis criticizes Richtofen's accomplishments, and insists that bigger strides need to be made if the war will be won in their favour.  Richtofen is a bit put off by this, as he was under the impression that Group 935 was meant to improve the human condition, and not win some war. Maxis reveals that they are recieving funding from the Nazi party in exchange for the newest advanced weapons, more specifically the DG-2. But Maxis does not have any plans to release the DG-2 or help the Nazi Party, but rather use them for funding for Group 935 while waiting out a resolution to the war. Once a treaty is made, then Group 935 can continue to help improve the human condition.  Edward is concerned this might cause problems within Group 935, as there are scientists from all over the world within the organization, but ends up playing along with Maxis' reasonings for the Nazi backing. Maxis tells him to get back to developing a working MTP, one capable of more than walnuts.  Edward ultimately decides he will publish their findings independently as he becomes paranoid that Maxis would steal his ideas Der Riese Facility. January 5, 1940//change///font\\change\\//change///size\\change\\//change///b\\change\\//change///color\\change\\//change///center\\change\\ A month has passed since the first successful teleportation with the walnut, and Richtofen and Schuster have made progress in reaching their first human testing. However, there is now mounting pressure from Dr. Maxis that they will not reach their goal of human teleportation with the MTP. Richtofen ultimately decides to use himself as the first human test subject, despite concerns from Schuster. Richtofen steps inside the receptacle , and Dr. Shuster activates the MTP. Richtofen teleports successfully , however he does not return across the room at Der Riese. Instead, he travels to somewhere much, much farther away. //change//font=Georgia\\change\\//change//i\\change\\//change//b\\change\\ Edward Richtofen: "Entry 42. Date: January 4th, 1940. Dr. Schuster and I, despite mounting pressure from Dr. Maxis, have continued working on the matter transference prototype. We have made great strides in the last thirty days and are ready for our first human subject. If our calculations are correct, we will send a test subject to the receptacle station sitting thirty yards away and behind a cinder-block wall."  Dr. Schuster: "Are you certain you want to do this, Dr. Richtofen?"  Edward Richtofen: "Nein, Dr. Schuster, this must be done. Quickly, put in your earplugs and power up the machine." (Teleporting noise is heard)  Edward Richtofen: "Is there a power outage? Why is it so dark? I feel almost... weightless. How very unexpected. Dr. Schuster? Hello?"//change///b\\change\\//change///i\\change\\//change///font\\change\\ //change//center\\change\\//change//color=#00BFFF\\change\\//change//b\\change\\//change//size=200\\change\\//change//font=Palatino Linotype\\change\\Moon. Pre-Griffin Station. January 5, 1940//change///font\\change\\//change///size\\change\\//change///b\\change\\//change///color\\change\\//change///center\\change\\ //change//center\\change\\//change//img\\change\\http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/3308/moonpyramiddevice.jpg//change///img\\change\\//change///center\\change\\ //change//b\\change\\//change//font=Georgia\\change\\//change//i\\change\\//change//color=#BFBFBF\\change\\(Clicking can be heard)  Edward Richtofen: "Ah, I can see now. Oh my god. I am standing in a circular cave, surrounded by some kind of machine like, it's like nothing I've ever seen before. It looks almost alien in nature. There's a pyramid structure at the center of the room. I'm going to try and carefully touch it."  (Shock is heard as Richtofen touches it)  Edward Richtofen: //change///b\\change\\ "Ahhh. Static electricity. It's sharp to the touch. Very cold. Not a speck of dust."  (Richtofen bangs on it)  Edward Richtofen: "Hmm, might be hollow. The chamber's quite large. I see what looks like capacitors at the ceiling of the chamber. There are no obvious connections to anything electrical. What is this place? Dr. Schuster, is that you? Dr. Schuster! Look at this. It appears to be covered in some kind of hieroglyphic language. I've not seen anything like it before. Why are you whispering to me? There's no need for that." //change//color=#BFBFBF\\change\\(Odd noise is heard)  Edward Richtofen: "What is this? Do you hear that? It sounds like..." //change//color=#BFBFBF\\change\\(Loud static and noise is heard)  Edward Richtofen: "My god, what happened? I seem to be in some kind of jungle. I can't be certain of where I am." //change//color=#BFBFBF\\change\\(Jungle noises are heard)  Edward Richtofen: "Oh no!"  After Richtofen is teleported from the receptacle at Der Riese, he ends up inside a cave system on the Moon. At first it is dark, but then Richtofen begins to adjust his eyes and can see his surroundings. He finds himself inside a large cavern, and in front of him sits a large black pyramid of Vril-Ya origin.  Foolishly, Richtofen decides to touch the ancient pyramid, and recieves a sharp shock from the cold surface. A moment later, he bangs on the Vril pyramid again, but this time he does not get shocked. It's at this point that Richtofen first begins to hear the voices for the first time. Richtofen hears a voice with him in the dark cave within the Moon. The darkness of the room makes it impossible to see, but Richtofen assumes it's Schuster in the room with him. However, all he is hearing is whispers from the voices in his head. These dark voices will continue to haunt Richtofen throughout the years.  Suddenly, Richtofen gets teleported again. He transfers from the cave on the Moon to a mysterious jungle. This new location he describes is Shangri-La.  When he arrives at the temple, the water of the nearby river can be heard in the background, and what sounds like a local tribe approaching him. It's unknown exactly what happens when Dr. Richtofen first arrives at Shangri La, but during his visit he manages to convince the local people of the jungle temple that he is a god. In honor of Richtofen's god-like presence among them, they build a shrine in his honor at the entrance of the temple chamber.  During his time away from Der Riese, Richtofen learns many secrets of the ancient power known as Vril. Richtofen also learns of the Aether and discovers that the Vril Pyramid on the Moon holds a direct connection to it.  Richtofen is gone for more than two weeks. It's not until 19 days after he was first teleported that Richtofen arrives back at Der Riese. Schuster is in one of the facilities pondering the doctor's disappearance and is debating on scraping the MTP, when Richtofen suddenly bursts through the doors. //change//center\\change\\//change//color=#00BFFF\\change\\//change//b\\change\\//change//size=200\\change\\//change//font=Palatino Linotype\\change\\Der Riese. January 23, 1940//change///font\\change\\//change///size\\change\\//change///b\\change\\//change///color\\change\\//change///center\\change\\ //change//font=Georgia\\change\\//change//i\\change\\//change//b\\change\\ Dr. Schuster: "Log Entry 43. Date: January 23rd, 1940. I cannot be certain what happened to Dr. Richtofen. Once the test was commenced, he just disappeared from the machine into thin air. I have searched the area for days and have no evidence that he is anywhere. I am afraid I might have to scrap the-" //change//color=#BFBFBF\\change\\(Banging is heard)  Edward Richtofen: "Don't stop anything. We have done something, something wonderous. Shhh. Do you hear them?"  Dr. Schuster: "Dr. Richtofen, you're alive!"  Edward Richtofen: "I'm more than alive, Mr. Scheuster. Is the device still intact?"  Dr. Schuster: "Yes, but, what happened to you?"  Edward Richtofen: "Aaah, something wunderbar! That chamber was incredible, the wonders we could learn!"  Dr. Schuster: "What are you talking about? Are you alright?"  Edward Richtofen: "Get in the matter transference prototype, Dr. Schuster. We have work to-"//change///b\\change\\//change///i\\change\\//change///font\\change\\ Richtofen is already showing signs of something influencing his actions, and is continuing to hear these mysterious voices in his head. Schuster notices Richtofen's unusual behavior and questions the doctor's health. Richtofen tells Schuster of a big discovery he's made, and insists the scientist get in the MTP so Richtofen can bring him up to speed. Richtofen has devised a twisted plan. During his time at the Moon and Shangri-La, he learned about the Aether dimension and the capabilities of The Controller that rules within the Aether. He learned that the Vril Pyramid on the Moon is a direct way to become The Controller within Aether. However, whilehe knows the purpose of the Vril pyramid, he does not yet know how to access the ancient machine. The first step in his plan will be to build a secret base on the Moon to conduct further research on the Vril pyramid. But he will not be able to accomplish this feat alone... //change//center\\change\\//change//color=#00BFFF\\change\\//change//b\\change\\//change//size=200\\change\\//change//font=Palatino Linotype\\change\\Griffin Station. January 1942.//change///font\\change\\//change///size\\change\\//change///b\\change\\//change///color\\change\\//change///center\\change\\ The year is now 1942. Two years have passed since Richtofen first teleported to the Moon. Griffin Station, the Moon base constructed to conduct their research on the Vril pyramid, was complete. Materials were secured and sent to Griffin Station by a variety of chosen Group 935 members. These chosen members would go on to live double lives within the organization, working for Maxis and Group 935 at Der Riese, as well as secretly for Dr. Richtofen at Griffin Station. //change//font=Georgia\\change\\//change//i\\change\\//change//b\\change\\ Dr. Richtofen: "Gentlemen, for two long years we have toiled here and at Eagle's Nest to build up fortifications. For two long years we have taken equipment to build up our labs. For two long years we have worked under Group 935, believing that Dr. Maxis truly wants to help the world. For two long years we've led a double life. Today, that all ends." //change//color=#BFBFBF\\change\\(Inaudible conversing is heard from crowd and continues through Richtofen's speaking.)  Dr. Richtofen: "I bring to you what this project is all about. What I have worked to keep from my enemy."  Dr. Groph: "What is it Dr. Richtofen? It looks alien." //change//color=#00BFFF\\change\\Dr. Richtofen: "It is an ancient vril machine. And you, Dr. Groph, are now the lead scientist here at Griffin Station." (Applause for Dr. Groph is heard.)  Dr. Richtofen: "You will be the one to discover how it works." //change//color=#BFBFBF\\change\\(Applause ends.)  Dr. Groph: "We first must discover what it does."  Dr. Richtofen: "Nein, Dr. Groph, I know what it does. It is a direct connection to another dimension."  (Crowd begins conversing again.)  Dr. Groph: "Preposterous!"  Dr. Richtofen: "No more preposterous than teleporting all of you to (Static) Griffin Station."  Dr. Groph: "Is it (*Static*) How do you know what it does?"  Dr. Richtofen: "I found many interesting vril artifacts here. I have decoded them and all signs point to this device being a stable gateway to the Aether" //change//color=#BFBFBF\\change\\(Loud conversing again)  Dr. Schuster: "Dr. Richtofen, I am aware of a project being run by Dr. Maxis at Der Riese concerning vril."  Dr. Richtofen: "As am I. I am going back to my port at Group 935 to continue the charade. I will be figuring out just how much information Dr. Maxis has (*Static*) Once the machine is operational, I will enact my plan and return. Gentlemen, let the games begin." //change//color=#BFBFBF\\change\\(Applause is heard.)  Dr. Richtofen: "Shhhh, the voices are so loud!"//change///b\\change\\//change///i\\change\\//change///font\\change\\ Richtofen's first step in his plan is complete. Griffin Station is operational, and he now has a group conducting research on the Vril pyramid, or the Moon Pyramid Device (MPD) as Griffin Station members would come to call it. A former 935 scientist, Dr. Groph, is placed in charge of leading the research on the pyramid. While Groph is in charge at Griffin Station, Richtofen begins the next step in his devious plan: Get rid of Dr. Maxis. He travels back to Der Riese to begin the act. Richtofen is also informed that Maxis is currently working on a project at Der Riese concerning Vril, and leaves to see what Maxis knows about the matter. Richtofen has devised a plan for how to dispose of Maxis, but he must first play along with Maxis' tests until the moment is right. //change//center\\change\\//change//color=#00BFFF\\change\\//change//b\\change\\//change//size=200\\change\\//change//font=Palatino Linotype\\change\\Der Riese. January, 1942.//change///font\\change\\//change///size\\change\\//change///b\\change\\//change///color\\change\\//change///center\\change\\ Back at Der Riese, Richtofen is proceeding with his plan, putting on an act during the first of the human testing of the Matter Transference Device by Dr. Maxis. The first two subjects die during the experiment put on by Maxis and Richtofen, as well as the third subject. //change//font=Georgia\\change\\//change//i\\change\\//change//b\\change\\ Dr. Maxis: Initiating test number 3. Subject is within the test chamber. Activate power. //change//color=#BFBFBF\\change\\*Teleporter is activated*  Dr. Richtofen: Oh... oh my god!  Dr. Maxis: Get a hold of yourself and clean that up! Test number 3 unsuccessful. Test subject has been reduced to the same state as previous subjects. CLEAN UP THE TEST CHAMBER AND RECALIBRATE THE SYSTEM! Let's do it again.  Dr. Richtofen: Yes, Doctor.//change///b\\change\\//change///i\\change\\//change///font\\change\\ The tests are a failure for a reason. It is Richtofen that is entering in the specifications of the test, being ordered to do so by Maxis. But what Maxis was unaware that Richtofen was purposefully sabotaging the test. Richtofen, already well aware of how the teleporter worked after years of experience, entered the wrong data to sabotage the tests. Resources are now beginning to run low on Element 115 at Der Riese. The next few tests begin to deplete the supply of the Element to very low levels. The testing of the MTD begins to slow as a result.  Maxis decides to use another type of test subject with the little amount of 115 they have left. Maxis hopes that the reduced mass of the new subject will result in a successful teleportation. The reduced mass is also necessary as there is only a very small amount of 115 left to test with Der Riese. January 20, 1942.//change///font\\change\\//change///size\\change\\//change///b\\change\\//change///color\\change\\//change///center\\change\\ //change//i\\change\\//change//b\\change\\//change//font=fixedsys\\change\\ ***TEST CASE A00001***  “Greetings “I am ludvig maxis “today is 20 January 1942 “my daughter has a dog “it’s name is fluffy “this is File 1 “for storage in the data “servant “I trust in it’s success ***END FILE***//change///font\\change\\//change///b\\change\\//change///i\\change\\ In late January 1942, Dr. Maxis begins to record personal entries in a data servant computer found winthin Der Riese. In the first entry, which served as a test file of sorts, Maxis mentions a dog he has just brought to Der Riese. The dog is named Fluffy and is given to his daughter Samantha as a pet. //change//b\\change\\ Dr. Maxis://change///color\\change\\//change///b\\change\\ Now, you must be very diligent with her Samantha. Owning a dog is a great responsibility.  //change//b\\change\\Samantha://change///b\\change\\ Yes, father. Oh, I love her.  //change//b\\change\\Dr. Maxis://change///b\\change\\ You must feed her every day, and walk her, and be very careful when you play with her. You know she's going to have puppies.  //change//b\\change\\Samantha://change///b\\change\\ Really? Can I keep the puppies too father?  //change//b\\change\\Dr. Maxis://change///b\\change\\ We'll see Samantha. One step at a time. However, his intentions are not as sweet as Samantha thinks. Maxis has another plan for the dog, it's use as a test subject for the MTD. The smaller stature of the subject will require less of the Element to be used, which is a necessity at this point. Shortly after bringing the dog to the facility, Maxis uses the dog as the fifth subject in the MTD testing. Richtofen however has plans of his own for this test.  Richtofen, still in charge of calibrating the system, sabotages the coordinates on the test once again, and sends the dog to Aether. Maxis' test fails yet again, but Richtofen's test is successful, and the dog is sent to Aether. This test will serve as a trial run for Richtofen's future plans of betrayal against Maxis.//change///b\\change\\//change///size\\change\\ //change//font=Georgia\\change\\//change//i\\change\\//change//b\\change\\//change//color=#BFBFBF\\change\\*Dog barking*  Dr. Maxis: Edward tie the damn thing down. We can't have it running around during the test. //change//color=#BFBFBF\\change\\*Dog whimpers*  Dr. Richtofen: It's tied down now, Doctor Maxis.  Dr. Maxis: Initiating test number 5. Subject is within the test chamber. Activate power. //change//color=#BFBFBF\\change\\*Teleporter is activated*  Dr. Richtofen: Searching for vitals. No reading Doctor. And, the subject... has disappeared. Doctor Maxis, we've done it!  Dr. Maxis: Don't be foolish! Test number 5 is unsuccessful. Subject has vanished, yes, but has not reappeared at the mainframe. RECALIBRATE THE DAMN SYS

Radio 3

Ludvig Maxis: It is by chance or fate alone that we unlocked the seal to the main chamber. Repeated efforts to use brute force proved ineffective and left the men exhausted and frustrated. In an effort to alleviate the tension, one of the soldiers brought a gramophone to the chamber along with a recording by a group of performers known as "La Source Noire". To our astonishment, as we listened to the first few bars of music, the seal itself began to open. I cannot help but wonder if other such recordings may similarly reveal other areas of the catacombs.

Radio 4

Ludvig Maxis: When I awoke this morning, I learned of mysterious events that took place during the night. Men working on the installation of the generators, reporting seeing ancient figures emerging from the mount. I would doubt their story, but for the fact that by morning, many of the men were either dead or missing.

Radio 5

Ludvig Maxis: When 115 is channeled towards the ancient stones, an energy field appears to drag unknown objects into our reality. Is it possible that Element 115 is disrupting the space time continuum itself? How else could an ancient box, created eons ago bring forth weapons from different eras? Perhaps including even our own future! Further study is needed to understand these powerful and unpredictable forces.

Radio 6

Ludvig Maxis: The child's voice calls to me more frequently than ever. At first she spoke only of her imprisonment in a mythical realm known as "Agartha". Now she claims to be my daughter, even though I know no such child exists! (sigh) I fear my sanity may be slipping away from me.

Note
Though Edward's work was integral to our initial analysis of Divinium, the rift between us grows deeper each day. I fear his loyalties lay only with group nine three five and their insatiable desire for yet more devastating weaponry. I myself can no longer continue on this path in all conscience. Though my actions will inevitably be viewed as treason, I am more concerned with just how Edward will react when I tell him of my contact with the allies...

Note
The breadth of the Ancients' knowledge is humbling. I find myself questioning not only my understanding of the scientific world, but also the true nature of the universe itself. For the first time in my adult life, I find myself open to the possibility of a higher power... 

Note:
I know some would think me mad but I am nevertheless forced to conclude that Samantha herself may be the key to everything. For reasons that I struggle to comprehend, it appears that she somehow holds dominion over this realm.

Edited by Shooter
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic