Samantha - The Ancient Evil

Naitrax

Before I begin, I want to say that this is in no way affiliated with AlphaSnake's thread, "Who is Samantha?". Any similarities are purely coincidental.

The Ancient Evil. The thing that caused the events of Origins. Imprisoned within the Mound. First mentioned in Richtofen's final Journal Entry:

Final Entry

In just a few short months, Group 935's work with Element 115 has allowed the Wonder Weapon program to progress at a rate beyond our wildest expectations.

However, our work was not without consequence.

The Ancient evil unleashed from the mound has carved a path of terror and destruction across the entirety of the camp. With Maxis too having succumbed to the sickness, I am forced to take drastic action to preserve what remains of his mind.

I now face an uncertain future, alone.

But what is this Ancient Evil?

The answer is simple, yet complex.

Samantha.

How? Easily:

When the mound was discovered, something was unleashed which ravaged the German camp and caused Maxis to become sick.

This something (Samantha) chipped away at people's consciences and broke down their mental walls. From there, she broke them from the inside. This tactic is used on our characters while they are in Zombie Blood.

Maxis was the prime target. Samantha would attack him day and night, claiming to be his daughter. She finally managed to break Maxis's mental barriers, and she made him sick.

Richtofen managed to save what was left of his mind. Maxis' brain was placed in a fluid to preserve it, where Samantha could no longer influence him.

But how is this possible? How could Samantha be controlling the events of Origins from Agartha?

Samantha is trapped in Agartha. The gateway to Agartha lies above the Mound. Every time we "purify*" a Key, it is launched into Agartha, to give Samantha more control over this realm.

* The process of "Securing the Keys" is just purifying the corrupt orbs. Sending them into Agartha at the end of each process passes them through a large purification mechanism (the rings)

Mob of the Dead-esqe story part:

Samantha is the Ancient Evil. Maxis never built the Staves. He constructed pieces, but they were scattered by him when Samantha broke him.

Samantha broke everyone. We all fell down into her spiral of trickery.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. Nice thread, Nai.

I don't agree on Samantha being the sickness part. You said yourself that her goal was Maxis, so why waste time trying to manipulate/break the other soldiers? They are of no value to her. The sickness and Samantha's manipulation are two separate things.

-Heather

Thank you GK!

Hmm, there are two ways I can work this in:

Samantha is the sickness.

The more she controls, the more power she has.

Also, after thousands of years imprisoned in Agartha, she wanted to have a little fun, seeing how the world has changed through people's eyes.

OR:

She burrowed into the minds of the German squad who unleashed the Templar horde, therefore unleashing the sickness.