Apocalypse Part 2- Electric Boogaloo. The Future of Zombies

***I started this thread a long time ago when Buried first came out, and I even had this theory in mind longer. Since MOTD was release to be exact. But with CODZ going down, my summer job, and the fact that my laptop has been away for repair, I haven’t been able to finish it.

I don’t want to leave this thread unfinished, but I really want to get my thoughts out there before Origins releases. The culmination of all my ideas/theories over this past COD Zombie year has led me to this opinion as to where we are heading next. MY theory is finished, but I need to continue working on the evidence.

The release of Origins could potentially nullify many of the things I am saying considering that it is essentially a prequel map and that the easter egg revolves around freeing Samantha.***

And so as a caveat, a bulk of this thread is pre-origins and may be subject to change based on tomorrow’s easter egg story direction. I hope to finish this.

SPOILER ALERT! THERE WILL BE SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD!

Hello everyone! I have been meaning to make this thread for a long time now, but I haven’t gotten around to it. With the release of the Buried easter egg I have even more of an incentive to express this theory.

In the final DLC , I believe we are going to see a whole new enemy. BO Zombies went out with a bang and I believe following in that pattern, BO 2 Zombies will go out with an even bigger bang. It will be another apocalypse, but by far worse.

I believe we are about to enter phase 2 of the zombie story which will uncover the real truth about zombies.

Maxis and Richtofen’s moral compasses are both shady, but that doesn’t matter. While the characters are fighting over the two, we (the community) are overlooking a crucial element to the story. I may be a bit brash when I say this, but Maxis and Richtofen’s rivalry doesn’t matter. I am not saying that they and their actions aren’t crucial to the development of the storyline, but they aren’t our enemy. This isn’t a Good Nazi, Bad Nazi situation.

This Maxis-Richtofen power struggle is just going between the two characters. During the easter eggs Richtofen beats Maxis or Maxis beat Richtofen then later Maxis beats Richtofen or Richtofen beats Maxis (all based on our decisions of course). But regardless, the two are in a constant cycle. We just swap one Nazi for another and rinse and repeat. I highly doubt the next major map installments would feature Maxis as the Aether Controller as he would just be Richtofen 2.0 and Richtofen would be Maxis; one man fighting out of spite to get revenge on his tormentor, while the other begins his seemingly shady plans of ruling the word. I understand Maxis is looking for his daughter and we don’t exactly know his plans for earth, but all we have done the last 3 installments of zombies is switched announcers.

IN order to Break this cycle of power, a third entity would have to emerge and that is where I believe the story is headed.

Maxis and Richtofen are mere puppets and a shadow of whom, or should I say what is to come.Maxis may have his joyride in the MPD now, but the keys to the ride aren’t his. As proven by previous easter eggs, the MPD is more than just a zombie controlling device. It can command the hordes of the undead, it can teleport people and things, and now it can let the commanding soul inside enter any mortal body or be anywhere in the world. It may even be able to bend space and time and create mini-rifts for all we know. As Richtofen said, the MPD let earth become his “personal plaything”. The MPD literally deals with the power of the gods, powers beyond mortal man’s comprehension and ability. We are dealing with something HUGE here and these powers prove to be a threat to mankind and even the MPD’s imbiber.

But, I need to make a correction to my paragraph above; because I believe I may be wrong in one point. The MPD might not give power, it only contains it. The real giver of power is the demon inside. It works vicariously through whoever is inside.

Our real enemy is not Maxis, not Richtofen, not Samantha, hell not even Castro. It is the Aether Demon. He let all of this happen and is waiting for the perfect time to strike. Whatever this thing is, it is a force to be reckoned with. The MPD is its CONFINEMENT, it may even be its prison. The voices Richtofen hears are really using him to set this creature free.

Richtofen was fated to be this demon’s pawn and now the time has come for this demon to make himself known.

Everything in BO2 has led up to this and the writings have been on the wall. Richtofen has been warning us since TranZit. The real announcer will make his debut real soon.

The strongest sources of evidence for my claim I believe, comes from the easter egg songs, Mob of the Dead, and Buried.

Songs

I truly believe excluding Where Are We Going and Carry On every easter egg song in BO2 has been Richtofen’s lament. Richtofen is losing his power, his mind, and his soul. Since Carrion, he needs help.

This phantom, Lucifer, Ethereal Demon is destroying Richtofen’s humanity and each day, hour by hour Richtofen is being swallowed whole by its power. I believe in Die Rise it was also hinted that Samuel can hear Richtofen’s pleas for help. In these 3 songs they all show the 3rd party’s rise.

Carrion

We all Fall Down

This analysis was an analysis I did in Rissole25’s own We All Fall Down analysis thread. You can find the thread here and if you disagree with me then check out Rissole’s own analysis, he made some good points. The first few lines are where I agree with Rissole25 and I want to make sure he gets credit for it.

Xenopsylla Cheopis

MDCLXV

-Same as Rissole25, the connection to the Plague, Roman Numeral 115.

We used the helicase

Bind the CXV

- Same, bondage of 115 to DNA. Shows the creation of zombies

Non-responsive

And their ferritin is high

In vivo

But still seem to be alive

- Same thing no need to elaborate.

Controls are feeling fine

Despite the awful sounds

- Here is where I depart. The slight change in pace of the song to me indicates that Richtofen has switched from talking about the past to the present. Almost like a chorus, this part is not really connected to the current story.

Now, what is he talking about? The Pyramid! This is Richtofen getting used to being in control of the Zombies. The awful sounds? The screams of the undead or the Demon within the machine. He is hearing the voices within the machine that will soon be his undoing.

Brought the incidence of

Tallowy offal down

- In this case incidence refers to epidemiology. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incidence_(epidemiology)

The rate the Zombie Plague is spreading fast. It has become an epidemic.

Like Rissole25, tallow is fat and offal is butchered meat, I believe this refers to Humans.

We have become their cattle. The awful sounds are the Voice demanding blood.

We all fall down

We fall down

We all fall down

We fall down

-Connection to "Ring around the Rosy" and zombies. But, possible the atom bomb or nuclear weapons (They are mentioned later). The part before this line in "Ring around the Rosy" is “Ashes to Ashes” then “We all fall down”. Biblical reference to “Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust”. Another illusion to death, but also reference to the destruction brought on by weapons. The ashes from a nuclear holocaust.

The martyrs brethren

Were not to be set free

- The martyrs maybe are the heroes. The TranZit group? It could also be all the trapped characters including Dempsey and CO. They are the key to this epidemic. They could be martyrs in both ways.

Dempsey and Co. started the Zombie Apocalypse as they are the Martyrs of the Flesh. Or Dempsey and CO. are the key to stopping this epidemic. We need to set them free. But, we are not worthy of setting them free and deserve our crime OR the voice does not want them free.

In vitro planet earth

In vivo you and me

- In Vitro again a controlled experimental field. Earth is the testing ground for the zombies and or the starting of the master plan of the Voice.

Another guess- Now I am sure I am One HUNDRED percent wrong, but I tried to find the Latin root and nominative form (the normal form) of Vitro. Nothing matched up to my knowledge based on Latin grammatical construction. I even checked the Latin dictionary. According to the internet the supposed matches for Vitro are

vita : life, way of life.

vitiosus : vicious, full of vice, corrupt.

vitium : fault, vice, crime.

vito : to avoid, shun.

vitualis-e : manliness, virtures

vituperium : insult

http://www.archives.nd.edu/cgi-bin/look ... atin=vitro

I am assuming they are just finding the closest words similar spelling, construction, and meaning, so I don’t think it necessarily comes from anyone. I just find some of the matches interesting. Worth a gander I think.

In Vivo refers to an experiment (Most likely the answer).

But a Latin translation could literally mean “In Living, In alive, In fresh”. Richtofen could be saying you and I are alive. We both are fresh; maybe un-touched by the plague?

He had them watch me

And lock everything around

He told me

You seem awful down

- Possible Retrospect of Richtofen. Referring to the voice telling him what to do during the experiment.

“Them watch me”- Illuminati watching Richtofen? Do they follow the voice’s commands?

“Lock everything down”- Locking Maxis and Samantha in the room? Der Riese?

The first set of lyrics point to some being of some sort who seems to be talking to Richtofen ( Like he does with Samuel). The voice seems to be playing some manipulative role. It notices Richtofen is "down"( maybe his mental state? or his schizophrenia?) which, makes him susceptible to these voices. The voice is about to give him a command of some sort. Richtofen could also being regretting what he did. HE feels bad for what he did but, the voice tells him otherwise.

We all fall down

We fall down

We all fall down

We fall down

- Same

It will end in flashes

And we'll choke on ashes

And we'll all fall down

- An Atom Bomb, Nuclear Weapon, Emp. Something that creates a blast of light.

Ashes could specifically refer to the ashes brought with the advent of something nuclear weapons detonating. Like a dust cloud.

We will all die from this bomb “Choke on ashes”. We will literally choke.

The end of the Zombie Apocalypse will end with an explosion.

It could be a nuclear weapon to kill the zombies OR it could be the intention of the Voice to destroy Earth. In the latter is that why Richtofen wants to “Mend the Rift”? To stop the obliteration.

The Manhattan Project, Green Run, and the 115 missiles, Anyone?

Long lives the phantom

I hear him sing and

Scream out his anthem

-THIS IS KEY!

A phantom is a shade, shadow, evil spirit type thing

Richtofen is possessed or being manipulated! The set of lyrics make me think that the "Phantom" is this demon type being. The voice. The phantom is his master or his controller. Notice "I Hear him sing and Scream his anthem". It is like he is being possessed. It calls him and he answers back, a forced or blind devotion to this force.He must carry out his “anthem”.

I feel the shadows

Crying

Running

Coming

For me

Too dark

To see

His time is coming to an end. HE is weakening. The shadows are consuming him. Maybe the tortured souls/zombies plague him. He hears their pain OR the Voice has finally decided to take over. Bedsides the crying, I think the shadows are the latter. Richtofen is a mere pawn and he is about to be consumed. “Too dark to see”- Sleeping aka a form of death

We all fall down

We fall down

We all fall down

We fall down- Same

It will end in flashes

And we'll choke on ashes

And we'll all fall down

- Same

It will end in ashes of their lives

We can still see flashes in our eyes

- . Their lives- the zombies or the human race. OR could it be the TranZit gang or Dempsey and Co.; their “Ashes of their lives” the martyr concept again?

“Flashes” Nuclear Weapons again.

“Flashes” Maybe and EMP? Makes me think about the flash of the EMP stops the light in the zombies eyes.

But until it crashes

And the atom smashes

All our minds will

Just fade away

- “Crashes and ATOM smashes” a nuclear weapon being dropped? Atom Bomb. Binary Fission? The end brought on by some type of explosion once again.

- I would say the explosion kill us all “all or minds…fade away”, but the Lyric says “Until the it crashes”. So maybe we will all become Zombies or slaves to the Voice? We need to be freed?

It will end in flashes

And we'll choke on ashes

-Same

And we'll fall

- This is the “prophetic” end or what is meant to happen. We are all dead. Maybe it can be stopped?

Who’s Who Perk- (Coming Soon)

"You don’t know me, but I know you"- Ethereal Voice. You don’t know it, but it knows who you are

A short and brief Analysis of Always Running

Richtofen is “becoming” something else, but he is “running” from what he is “becoming”. His “becoming Unstoppable" is his omnipotence and control over the zombies BUT, with the price of his soul. The more omnipotent he gets, the weaker he really is. The demon is living vicariously through Richtofen and therefore Richtofen is “coming from the something that he is running from”. Richtofen is Metaphorically running from this being to save his own soul and humanity.

MOTD( Coming Soon)-

Information from Buried Easter Egg-

After Buried it becomes more apparent to me that Richtofen will lose control, but not to Maxis. And that Maxis will soon lose any power he gains as well.

I believe each ending is a loss for both Characters and here is my theory why

Maxis Ending Outcome(s): Richtofen is sent to a physical body and Maxis is left in Control

Reasons for loss:

Richtofen has no power which is his loss, but Maxis’ loss is that he possibly has all of the power.

I believe Richtofen’s loss is self-explanatory, but Maxis’ is slightly more detailed. Based on the EE songs, Richtofen is not in control. He may act like it, but he is really a pawn. Therefore, if anything, Maxis is even more of a pawn than Richtofen. The real announcer will use Maxis for his own agenda.

Maxis is driven by pure rage, revenge, and hatred with one goal in mind.

The ends justify his means and all he cares about is getting his daughter and punishing Richtofen, but does not care what he has to sacrifice in the process. These qualities and traits cloud Maxis’ judgment which makes him completely susceptible to manipulation. In his state of mind, of course he isn’t going to be rational and of course he is going to make mistakes. More importantly, when you take away all of his anger, Maxis is still a father at heart. He is a truly worried, scared, and sad parent. Maxis lost his daughter to Richtofen, a man who hears voices, a man that travelled to and settled the moon, and a man that is now “controlling” legions of the undead. Maxis is looking for answers and putting his faith in the unknown to save his daughter. Maxis will literally sell his soul to the Devil to beat Richtofen. When he becomes the controller, Maxis has opened himself to possession and whatever he does now is not of his own accord.

Richtofen’s Ending Outcome:

Maxis is sent somewhere and Richtofen is trapped in Samuel’s body.

Loss- Maxis is literally lost and Richtofen is stuck inside Samuel possibly losing control of his powers, which leaves this question. Who the HELL is in control of the Aether?

Buried Ghosts/Rift Quote-

DLC 4 Title “Apocalypse”- The title pretty much says it all. I find it odd that they would name a map pack Apocalypse yet, make the Zombies map a prequel. An apocalypse signifies an end, not a beginning.

Origins- I do realize that origins is a prequel and with the announcement of this map, this theory may not happen in DLC 4. But again, I am willing to bet that Origins will somehow and in some way connect/affect the future.

“The Shepherd of Fire”

In conclusion-Who’s to say that Maxis and Richtofen weren’t manipulated to fight each other? What if that is the whole point? To divide and conquer.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, I said this before but in very little detail as this. That once Richtofy on Moon become so powerful yet so corrupted, that Lucifer will make him, Maxis, and everyone else to pay for their sins. And the N4 are the only untainted ones, so they will be the key in the next game, while Group 935 will be the keyhole.

• 1 month later...

I've been suspecting a greater evil at play since at least Call of the Dead. Moon and We All Fall Down seriously implied it, and Mob of the Dead was the final nail in the coffin (even if Moon pretty much confirmed it by itself).

I can't help but be reminded of Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated. Much like here, an ancient evil manipulates villains and heroes alike to engineer its' release to unleash its evil upon our universe. The main antagonists (save one who eventually repents) all willingly go along with it in the hopes of power and what not, but ultimately they're screwed over. Just like Richtofen and Maxis.