CODZ Youtube Channel

HI All

Whats the plan for Cods youtube its not updated very much ? we should be putting stuff about this cool new zombie Olympics stuff and guides strategy's...

That Olympic thing could bring new life to the forum and get more members. even get current members to submit there videos and post them on the channel. Loads of views loads of new action on the forum, And if you monetize forum bills will be free ?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

HI All

Whats the plan for Cods youtube its not updated very much ? we should be putting stuff about this cool new zombie Olympics stuff and guides strategy's...

That Olympic thing could bring new life to the forum and get more members. even get current members to submit there videos and post them on the channel. Loads of views loads of new action on the forum, And if you monetize forum bills will be free ?

We're working on linking the Olympics and the YouTube channel with each other, don't you worry. We've also recently uploaded a new stratergy from Way2g00 and will have a Turned guide from Rissole within the next few days.

That's what I can tell you from the top of my head :)

=Jolteon

I am willing to help get it up and running again, Getting all the stuff tagged correctly and updating it to the new youtube design.

I am GMT time so no problems getting it up and running again.If you want any assistance let me know

In terms of set-up of the channel we are ok; but we need more content! A community channel is nothing if the community don't give us content!

If you have any content that fits the bill, then I'd love to see it ;)

-Jolteon

Anything you want i can give you no problems achievements guides stuff just for fun. I dont mind sharing mine or creating new videos. Commentary or none then you can add your own.

Just let me know what your looking for. I want this forum to grow and be active especially during COD ghosts ( no zombies )

I've actually had an idea for a video for a long time now but the problem is getting 4 experienced players and people with recording, editing options open to them. Pretty much it would be a collaboration of an Avogadro special. Have a solid round 30 game with spawning him every round, included with the gameplay and highlights would be different speakers contributing with there theories and what they've researched and put together.

Also would have highlight reels of fancy kills, different effects it does, and all around what it can do and how it can be used. If you dive into it and really look at all the aspects it could be a fun one but I've always had a problem with no equipment and finding the people to do it as well.

lol didn't know he was the local tranzit deity :P I force him to play enough tranzit so I suppose having him do it again for video wouldn't be to horrible. Hmm I have the next two days off as well so there's a lot I can do in the mean time to get it all setup. Do you by chance have skype? was hoping for some preliminary things before I go ahead with the full scale.

Advertising the Olympics is a terriffic idea...Why didn't I think of that? :P

I've seen MrCaffiene's YT Channel and he definitely has some great content and exceptional quality.

If MrCaffiene and you, darkjolteon, are ok with it. Maybe Caffiene and I could whip up an ad video for the Olympics...Yes?

In terms of set-up of the channel we are ok; but we need more content! A community channel is nothing if the community don't give us content!

-Jolteon

Do you have to be a specific age to give/submit content for the channel? The reason I ask this is because World at War, Black Ops and Black Ops 2 are all Rated M (Mature 17+).

lol didn't know he was the local tranzit deity I force him to play enough tranzit so I suppose having him do it again for video wouldn't be to horrible.

You didn't know?! What have you been living under a rock? :P

Seriously though, I think it's just because I usually baulk when Caffiene asks me to play anything besides TranZit, lol, but yes I am hugely invested in that map. I do want to do an Ultimate Training Guide, just for Green Run/TranZit. I'll need a graphic designer for charts/maps that display spawn points and detailed training routes players can use, as well as someone with the ability to record and upload high quality video.

If you guys want to help with that, just get at me on XBL. You're both on my friend list.

-Jolteon

Do you have to be a specific age to give/submit content for the channel? The reason I ask this is because World at War, Black Ops and Black Ops 2 are all Rated M (Mature 17+).

You would think 18+ as the game rated 18 but just about every one on the planet plays 18+ games and looks on youtube daily. I don't think it makes much difference i have never rated a video yet. I don't think any of the mega channels do it either they would lose millions of views a day

Advertising the Olympics is a terriffic idea...Why didn't I think of that? :P

I've seen MrCaffiene's YT Channel and he definitely has some great content and exceptional quality.

If MrCaffiene and you, darkjolteon, are ok with it. Maybe Caffiene and I could whip up an ad video for the Olympics...Yes?

I've been trying to whip one up myself but time constraints have made it difficult. If you guys want to work on it then go ahead! We could even make two; one describing the details of the Olympics and advertising the registrations and stuff (this is what I have been working on) and one that is more of a trailer for it to be released the day before the start of the tournament.

Nope. No age restrictions. So far we've only had people aged 17 plus, but that's just coincidence rather than any limitations :)

Thanks for showing such enthusiasm guys! Caffiene, if you look in the YouTube thread in the Member Lounge there's a big list of stuff that needs to be done. The only things we don't need covered are one/two player strategies on MotD and anything Turned related since Rissole has pretty much covered that. I really want you in on this because of your immense enthusiasm, so pick whatever you want from that list, maybe choose a couple of things, and show the CoDz community what you're made of ;)

Don't worry guys, things will pick up a little when the summer hits; and especially when the next two DLC's drop. We started in between DLC's because it gave us time to get everything sorted but it also meant content would be slow. Once the next DLC hits I'm sure people will want to get their creative juices flowing.

-Jolteon

for any information regarding what videos we need completed:

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=31755

Thanks for all the support guys. We've hit some speedbumps lately, but in the end - we're already super late to the party... so it's not like we've got a deadline lol. Keep in mind there will be 2-3 years before the next 3arc release - plenty o' time to get all the nooks & crannies.

And if you monetize forum bills will be free ?

... just want to address this quick. As CoDZ is an "ad free" forum (that's how Carbon wanted it), I'm quite positive that this will also mean an "ad free" youtube. It's a great idea, but I wouldn't get your hopes up as Jolteon & I have been pushing it for sometime with no recourse.