Battle of Alcatraz *Theory*

Battle of Alcatraz Theory

With the arrival of the new map pack coming so soon, I thought I would try to make my first theory topic.

Most of you may have seen Shooter's MoTD date topic.

viewtopic.php?f=149&t=30375

If you haven't, it explains that this map takes place after the year of 1941.

Well, I did some research and found this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Alcatraz

To summarize what is says:

On May 2, 1946, while most convicts and guards were in outside workshops, Bernard Coy, a bank robber serving a 25-year sentence at Alcatraz, was in the C Block cell-house sweeping the floor when **** please report this topic, post **** orderly Marvin Hubbard called on guard William Miller to let him in as he had just finished cleaning the **** please report this topic, post ****. As Miller was frisking Hubbard for any stolen articles, Coy assaulted him from behind and the two men overpowered the officer. They then released Joseph Cretzer and Clarence Carnes from their cells.

The cell block had an elevated gun gallery which was regularly patrolled by an armed guard. The guard, Bert Burch, had a set routine and the convicts had attacked Miller while he was away. Coy, as cell-house orderly, had over the years spotted a flaw in the bars protecting the gun gallery which allowed them to be widened using a bar-spreading device consisting of a nut and bolt with client metal sleeve which moved when the nut was turned by a small wrench. Coy thus managed to spread the bars and squeeze through the widened gap (Coy starved himself in order to fit through the space between the widened bars, which was still relatively narrow) into the temporarily vacant gallery and to overpower and bind Burch on his return. Coy kept the Springfield rifle in the gallery and lowered an M1911 pistol, keys, a number of clubs and gas grenades to his accomplices below.

Continuing along the gun gallery, Coy then entered D Block, which was separated from the main cell-house by a concrete wall and was used for prisoners kept in isolation. There he used the rifle to force guard Cecil Corwin to open the door to C Block and let the others in. They then released about a dozen convicts including Sam Shockley and Miran Thompson. Shockley and Thompson joined Coy, Carnes, Hubbard and Cretzer in C Block. The other prisoners prudently returned to their cells. Miller and Corwin were placed in a cell in C Block.

The escapers now needed to secure the key to the yard door of the prison from which they expected to make their way to the island's dock to seize the prison's launch. The boat docked daily between 14:00 and 14:30, and the plan was to use the hostage guards as cover to make their way to the dock, then San Francisco and freedom

Noticed what I highlighted. I may be grasping at air here, but when you think about it, this is pretty similar.

A M1911 pistol. What's the classic Zombies pistol we always use?

A Springfield rifle. We know that they are bringing back a bit of Der Reise into this map. (Weapons, Hell-Hounds and zombies together) This could be another clue.

An escape. We've already been confirmed that the 4 prisoners will be escaping. So possibly, that this could follow the storyline of the escape of these prisoners in the Battle of Alcatraz.

This is just speculation. It probably means nothing, but I just thought it would be cool to share this.

Some other things.

This is the Alcatraz "Power House." Between 1939 and 1963 it supplied power to the Federal Penitentiary and other buildings on the island.

Well, it appears there is a Morgue in Alcatraz, containing the remains of dead prisoners. I'll let you figure out that part.

Building 64. Basically, a home for the guards. Something I saw noticed was..

During the Occupation of Alcatraz, in 1970 the Native Americans drew graffiti in red around the "United States Penitentiary" sign saying "Indians welcome" and "Indian land"

And look at the photo for the map.

Well that's self-explanatory.

The Recreation Yard was the battlegrounds of the BoA (Battle of Alcatraz) I bet we will use this. I think this could be the No Man's Land, which also contains the Pack-A-Punch.

Wharf was the boat dock. It says that it was.. "the main entrance point into Alcatraz." Obviously if the new characters tried to escape, they would try to make it here. I believe this is the spawn point.

And finally, the part I've been waiting for.

The Warden's House.. I'm pretty sure we will see this. It's also rumored that there is a ghost spotted here. I thought that was cool.

Well, that's it for now. Thanks to Shooter for giving me the date, without it I wouldn't have made this.

If you disagree with any of this, please tell me! I'd like opinions!

Other than that, how was my first theory?

I'll edit this post with more information.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. That's flippin' wild, man. I can picture this being the opening cutscene, but suddenly, a zombie hoard appears. Very cool finds, and I agree with everything you had about the map 100%. Honestly, the stage was set for a zombie map perfectly.

If only we had found this weeks ago... Amazing job, CrubZee.

Nice summary. But I don't agree with your thought on the boat docks being the spawn point. The small preview we've seen already shows the characters still being in the prison. And it just wouldn't seem fit if they spawned right at the exit, you know.

Also, what do you mean by the The Recreation Yard being similar to No Man's Land?

That was actually added in there without much information. I did question the dock spawn because they were in the prison, but CoTD showed the crew next to the lighthouse in the opening sequence, but they were near the water when the game starts. It's just assumption, so we'll have to wait and see.

Also, the Recreation Yard was the most hectic parts of the Battle of Alcatraz. It had the most casualties, and anyone who ran out in the middle didn't stand a chance. I think this could be the No Man's Land, with the Pack-A-Punch at the Water Tower.