Lots of Problems with Maxis Tranzit EE

brk3485

Hey all,

Been having lots of problems with the maxis side of the tranzit easter egg. We have gotten to many different points but never completed it. Basically we all get turbines, turn on and off power, get knuckles and go under the tower in the cornfield. The navigation table is built every time so that's not the issue.

When the avogadro spawns, which seems to be difficult to get him to do even when waiting for lightning overhead, he comes towards the tower and we set down our turbines. Now here is where my confusion begins ...

1) When you place down the two turbines underneath the obelisk in the cornfield and you get the maxis qoutes about: A) needing more power and B) needing power that is portable and possibly alive; do the turbines need to stay down during the death of the Avogadro? Or once you receive the quotes from Maxis can you pick them back up so they do not run out of energy.

2) Do you HAVE to have the EMP grenade to complete this or can you knife the avogadro under the tower to kill him. We have attempted to knife him with the turbines down, completed it and then we never receive the quote from maxis about "Doing well but needing more power."

3) Last night we made a run with an EMP grenade, killed the avogadro with two turbines running under the tower and the EMP destroyed the turbines. We DID get the quotes from maxis about "Doing well" but the turbines are gone, If you can complete this EE with two players do those two players have to run and get fresh turbines to complete it? This is a continuation of question number 1.

4) Do all members of the party have to be under the obelisk while killing the avogadro or can one be in town and one at diner prepared to drop their turbines upon completion of the previous step.

5) Lastly, there have been times where we have heard a quote from Maxis saying "your portable energy device is drained, you must repeat the previous step", when he says this do we need fresh turbines or should we start over on another game. If we can get fresh turbines which step do we need to repeat?

I know this is lengthy but this EE has been a headache and I want to get it done. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Bo

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I've numbered my answers in the order of your questions.

1) You usually get A when you put your first turbine down. B is telling you to get the Avogadro. You DO need your turbines down when you EMP him.

2) Yes, you MUST use EMPs. I know, it's painful. You're going to need at least 2 players with EMPs to fully complete the EE.

3) I'm not too sure. When I did it, our turbines stayed up. I would assume you had completed the step after that. You CAN pick up your turbines after doing this step. You actually need to if you're doing it with 2 players.

4) The other players can be anywhere. My friends and I split into teams of two so we had a better chance of finding where the Avogadro spawns. It's recommended that you spawn him somewhere other than the tower, then lead him under the tower from there to avoid a bad camping spot.

I'd take a look at way2g00's EE guide attached to the top of the TranZit discussion if you have further questions. Good luck! :D

2) Yes, you MUST use EMPs. I know, it's painful. You're going to need at least 2 players with EMPs to fully complete the EE.

Why? If I remember correctly, when doing the Maxis partition of the EE you only need EMPs to kill the Avogadro under the tower, which dies in one EMP. Why do two people need EMPs?

You do not need two people with EMP's but it is suggested. Unless you have a team member in town to put down a turbine at juggernog you can have a difficult time under the tower at high rounds.

2 EMP's simply means that if one player goes down the other individual can throw instead. This way you don't have to worry as much with trying to protect just one individual who has the only means of completing the ToB Achievement.

If you have 4 players willing to do this, the best tip I can give you is:

Have 1 player stay at power with it on, this way everyone can keep their perks.

Have 2 players stay under the tower, at least 1 of those should have EMP.

The 4th player can be anywhere, doesn't really matter. Have this player try for EMP and keep a Turbine for backup.

When Avogadro spawns in and approaches the tower, have your power player turn off the power, then the 2 under tower toss an EMP.

we got it done, when i found out you can do it with two players i got my good buddy i play with all the time to do it with me and we got it on the first try in about 30 minutes. Made me sad for the 30 attempts before it haha thanks for the advice and help guys, glad to be on the board its very useful and informative

You do not need two people with EMP's but it is suggested. Unless you have a team member in town to put down a turbine at juggernog you can have a difficult time under the tower at high rounds.

2 EMP's simply means that if one player goes down the other individual can throw instead. This way you don't have to worry as much with trying to protect just one individual who has the only means of completing the ToB Achievement.

Ideally if somebody has enough money in the bank to hit the box until getting EMPs you can have the Maxis EE done on round 2 or 3 even with two people, so dying shouldn't be a problem.

Why? If I remember correctly, when doing the Maxis partition of the EE you only need EMPs to kill the Avogadro under the tower, which dies in one EMP. Why do two people need EMPs?

O whoops mixin up Richtofen's side. You only need 1 :D