MEND THE RIFT?

CoDz MASTER

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the characters when through Green Run, then went to the Great Leap Forward, where they died, but someone, possibly Richtofen, teleported them back in time and space to Green Run where they were at before. Thus the Deja Vu in Green Run.. Thus the Deja Vu in Great Leap Forward.. It's like they were given a second chance, but seem to remember being there before.

I'm just gonna copy and paste what I put up in zombo's thread over at the Asylum, I don't feel like redoing it all again ;)

Zombo pointed out that back at Ascension, after we get Gersch out of the Aether, the dimension where the zombie's are controlled from, we get a quote from Richtofen saying, "Fascinating. A dimensional rift!" So, I got this.

I've come to the conclusion that "Mending the rift" is Richtofen's ultimate goal for the N4 following his tasks and activating the towers. I have a bit of a logical follow-through coming up, so refer to this diagram I made to help follow:

My Theory

-I believe there are two paths to the Aether. One is the MPD, which is currently closed with Richtofen inside using Samantha's body as a vessel, and the one made by activating the nodes and breaking Gersch out of the Aether prison.

.....1)Using the Gersch device, Yuri made a direct portal without causing a Rift to the Aether, making a one way portal. We know this from one of Tank Dempsey's quotes after a Gersch device has been thrown at Ascension. (follow the first half of the Purple path in the diagram.)

Say hello to Sam for me!

.....2)Gersch had no way out of the Aether, for he had no Gersch device nor was his soul in the MPD. So, he contacted the O4 via electrical devices, much like Maxis, then had them activate the nodes by transporting him a generator then allowing him to do what he must to create a device to make a Rift through the dimensions. This would mean he could get out of the Aether and back to the real world, but he would make a patchy sort of thing that allowed things to freely travel back and forth through the dimensions. (follow the second half of the Purple path in the diagram.) If someone took advantage of this Rift, they could get into the Aether, but they would arrive in Gersch's Torment area. (Follow the Green path in the diagram.) From there, with the right equipment, I believe that someone could get into Richtofen's portion of the Aether and attempt to overthrow him.

What could become of this:

-I think that Maxis knows of this Rift, and plans to use it to overthrow Richtofen from the Aether. Perhaps powering the towers for him opens the path through the Rift, and from there we could take Richtofen down.

-I think Richtofen knows what could happen if the Rift remains open, and to seal his power, he wants it closed so the only way to access the Aether is to get through the MPD, which is closed as long as he is in power.

.....1)I believe there may be something Richtofen wants to keep in the Aether with him, like some huge Vril-Ya beast. If this beast managed to gain access to our dimension via the Rift, he could destroy the world, thus ending Richtofen's power reign. (He's in that diagram too :D ) Samantha had warned him of the beast in there way worse than him as well. Perhaps it also may take Richtofen's power, and trap him as Sam had trapped Gersch?

EDIT: There's not much cut off on the diagram. It was supposed to say "Something worse?" and have a red line down the side, completing the box.

(Added spoilers to save space.)