Having problems helping a friend do the Maxis EE.

Tridalo

Alright so a friend of mine just got the game and wanted to do the Maxis EE. I told him I'd help since we only need two people.

Now I have done the Ric side of the EE before and unsure if that is what the problem is.

We turned off the power, got EMPs, went under the tower, had Electric Guy spawn, EMPed him directly under the tower.

Maxis started screaming about needing more power, we went to Depot and Diner, created a teleporter under the lights and put our turbines back down, he said something about "Very Good" and "Circumcision".

We figured we messed up, so we moved the Depot turbine to the town light. Opened the teleporter. Once again Maxis said the "Very Good Circumcision" thing.

We then moved the Diner turbine to Depot and Maxis this time said "Excellent" and then the zombie near me was too loud to understand him. We figured we were done but he never got the achievement and the tower was still blue from my Ric side EE.

We thought we messed up with electric guy since we emped him in his ball form, this time we waited until he was in human form and emped him again. Both times we did it we had turbines down under the tower when we emped him.

We tried our process again, except this time Maxis only said something about an "Isosceles" or something. No "Very good" or "Excellent" lines. The tower still didn't turn and no achievement.

We tried it once more without the turbines under the tower. This time whenever we heard his line we couldn't tell what it was saying, it was too garbled to make out anything he was saying.

The tower didn't change and no achievement.

So what is the issue here? Did we do something wrong? We followed the two player guide right on these forums.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of things I can see...

1) I think after the recent patch/update the NAV table must be built prior to completing the EE's ...Make sure that's built

2) No mention of your game mode. If custom you must be on 'Original' difficulty.

3) If you've completed Richtofen, try allowing your friend who hasn't accomplished the EE host the game.

The steps you describe seem to be right on, but to clarify: I used the lamp posts at Town and Diner for the last step.

Alright well we tried it again and got a new quote about "the spire running out of energy". I'm assuming we either took too long on that one or something else went wrong.

Either way, my friend is getting really pissy about this and is about to not do this and return BO2.

As for ETE here are my answers to your numbered list.

1. The navcard table was already built out there under the tower, from what I assume was my EE when I did it before this friend got the game.

2.It was a public game because we were going to attempt a high round run after we finished it but yeah that didn't happen.

3. My friend was hosting the game. I know this because he had 4 bars the whole time and I had 3 or 2 bars. I don't have good enough internet to host a game so whenever I play someone else is always hosting.

As for the light posts, the time we got the "Spire running out of energy" quote, at least that is what it sounded like he said, the time we got that quote we put portals under all lamp posts and just plopped our turbines down at random lamp posts.

We got the quote with the lamp post between the bridge and Bus depot and the one that is between farm and diner. Every other lamp post gave the "circumcision" quote.

OK, let me simplify the steps here.

1) Build Turbine, each player takes one.

2) Turn on Power, wait for entire Maxis quote to finish

3) Turn off Power (this can be done later, but must be done prior to EMPing avogadro)

4) Acquire at least one EMP from mystery box.

5) Set Turbines under Spire in opposite corners, wait for maxis quote that requests more power, "like the mobile kind or the living kind."

6) Get Avogadro to spawn in the corn field (watch for the lightning just above, then change the round)

7) Wait for him to be under the spire, or at least past the threshhold of the corn and EMP him, you should get another maxis quote

8) Place one Turbine at the lamp post in Town (by the large lava pool before the bridge)

9) Place the other Turbine at the lamp post by the Diner, both must be placed at the same time (best way to do it is split up, pull out the Turbine and then count down from 3 and when you say 1, each player hits the right trigger)

Immediately, you should see the Achievement pop-up.

We know the steps, we're following the guide that is at the top of the forum.

So the turbines have to go down at the exact same time? That could be where we are going wrong.

OK, let me simplify the steps here.

1) Build Turbine, each player takes one.

2) Turn on Power, wait for entire Maxis quote to finish

3) Turn off Power (this can be done later, but must be done prior to EMPing avogadro)

4) Acquire at least one EMP from mystery box.

5) Set Turbines under Spire in opposite corners, wait for maxis quote that requests more power, "like the mobile kind or the living kind."

6) Get Avogadro to spawn in the corn field (watch for the lightning just above, then change the round)

7) Wait for him to be under the spire, or at least past the threshhold of the corn and EMP him, you should get another maxis quote

8) Place one Turbine at the lamp post in Town (by the large lava pool before the bridge)

9) Place the other Turbine at the lamp post by the Diner, both must be placed at the same time (best way to do it is split up, pull out the Turbine and then count down from 3 and when you say 1, each player hits the right trigger)

Immediately, you should see the Achievement pop-up.

it would seem you missed step 5,..

you need 2 turbines under the tower before killing him, then place them at depot/diner/town doesnt matter,.. ;)