New persistent upgrade

Epishade

I haven't seen this posted here yet so I figured I'd put it in.

Sry for the quality as well, I don't have a video camera and had to use my phone.

Also yeah, I know I was "cheating", I don't really care.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8BjiflhBWM

edit: not sure how to do the youtube thing (embedding?)

I think I got the flash because I killed a some zombies with the sliquifier using direct hits, and not killing any additional zombies with splash damage.

No idea what the flash does either.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you played since that game? If not, start another solo game and buy quick revive... and pay attention to your points. If so, check the video of the next game (solo and/or otherwise).

The reason is... I got the effect (and loss) of an unknown persistent upgrade where I bought Revive (on solo for 500 points), got a 1000 point refund, then heard the sound of losing an upgrade, but I have no idea how I got it. And the last Die Rise game I played was with a friend where I was showing him the Sliquifier camping trick that you're doing in your vid. I don't recall seeing the upgrade unlock during that game, but we were kinda just messing around and I wasn't paying close attention anyways.

So I'm thinking... I have the effects of an upgrade that I don't know how I got, and you got an upgrade that you don't know what it does. Maybe we're looking at both ends of the same thing? Worth a shot.

More details on what I discovered here; viewtopic.php?f=139&t=28826

Then again, it could be that the game counts that spawn point as being a "barrier" (even though there are no boards there to repair), and what you got was the Carpenter upgrade. I would check that too, since you had just picked up a Carpenter. Actually, watching it again... I think that is most likely, since you got it by killing the zombie that had not dropped down yet.

Ok, so I just played another game with a friend. Nothing out of the ordinary happened (that I could tell) until the start of round 5. I heard the noise that you get when you lose a persistent upgrade. I'm positive it wasn't me losing the headshot upgrade because I had gotten it a bit ago and still had it after hearing the sound (I checked by shooting a zombie in the chest and his head popped off).

I didn't get any points either like in your video with the quick revive. I also attempted buying a perk the game before that just to see if the same thing would happen, which it didn't.

Looks like we got a mystery upgrade.

I have had some weird upgades aswell. Like yesterday, i died with nothing but an mp5 on coop, then respawned on the opposite building during the round and kept my mp5 with the exact ammo count. But it maybe could be a glitch as i when i went down, i waited to die on the trample steam.