Nacht der Untoten in Green Run Theories

bagel_

Hi,

I've recently been seeing all of these people mentioning new things happening in the DLC, like Shi No Numa being in Revolution and stuff. Well, I'm starting to think that Treyarch putting Nacht into Green Run was just for kicks and gigs. Going back to WaW, the actual map looks nothing like the Nacht in Green Run. You are attacked by zombies in full Nazi uniforms, so unless Green Run, an area located in America, was secretly full of Nazis, then either the original Nacht is non cannon, or the one in Green Run is. Either this, or my theory, which I think it is a way it fits into the storyline.

Perhaps Group 935 had created Nacht as a testing area for the supersoldiers, and the Americans trying to keep up, (as shown in the map Five with the wonderweapons and 115 references,) recreated the testing facility so that they could match 935's stride, showing that there are two or more Nacht der Untotens across the world.

If you have any other suggestions or theories, please post them, and if you have evidence to show I am wrong, feel free to show me wrong.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But yeah, this would make sense, the Americans might have been trying to keep up with the 115 testing AND adding fuel to the fire, the power is some testing facility and possibly why the Avogadro spawns might be due to a failed experiment, BUT why would there be teddies and other stuff in green run when Samantha was German (possible just reused texture).

• Administrators

BUT why would there be teddies and other stuff in green run when Samantha was German (possible just reused texture).

This is a very good question. It seems that the objects that are attached to playing the song are different. For instance:

Nacht der Untoten: Flammable barrels

Verrückt: Toilets

Shi No Numa: Radios [?]

Der Riese: Specimen/organ containers

Kino der Toten: Meteor rocks

Five: Red Telephones

Ascension: Teddy Bears w/ sickles

Call of the Dead: Meteor rocks

Shangri-La: Meteor rocks

Moon: Teddy Bears w/ astronaut helmets

Green Run: Teddy Bears

Nuketown: Mannequins [if I recall correctly]

It may be Treyarch just switching them up a bit, however, it is rather suspicious to suddenly have Samantha's teddy bears. Why not something else, since it was a brand new game?

OP: I believe you're spot on. It's more of a nod/allusion to our every-so-beloved World at War zombie maps. Think of it as a "oh my God I remember that map, good times". It could have some storyline purpose, it may not. If Shi No Numa really is in Die Rise, then we only have more explaining to do. Black Ops received four DLCs. If we have already taken down two (NDU and the possible SNN), then what are the other three [excluding Nuketown as DLC]? Nice observation, friendo. :)