Increased resistance to lava - fourth perma-perk/upgrade?

Freaklancer

Hi guys. I think I may have found a persistent upgrade that increases your resistance to lava. At one point, halfway through a zombies Tranzit match, my screen was pulsating similar to when you would jump down from one of the launchpads in the biodome in the Black Ops map Moon instead of my screen's border "catching on fire" whenever I would jump on lava. For the duration of 6-8 pulses, I received no damage (damage in this case is indicated by red, bloody arcs in the middle of your screen). It wasn't until after these pulses that I received normal damage, but without the fiery borders that accompany normal lava damage.

Unfortunately, that match was probably about a week ago and since I play a lot of zombies, I don't remember which of my recent games I had that perma-perk - if it even is one.

I'd like some input from you guys. Is it possible that there's a fourth upgrade? I remember watching a Youtube video where a player had the same pulsating effect on his screen whenever he would walk on lava, where he was training a line of fiery zombies. I can't find that video though, so I would like some help.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have stamin-up it will let you stay in the fire a bit longer before the damage starts, couple that with jug and there ya go.

Agreed.

I'm sure if there was a Semi Perma-Perk that let you walk longer on lava it would of been found by now.

Plus i'm sure you would of heard your character say something which would of confirmed it.

If you have stamin-up it will let you stay in the fire a bit longer before the damage starts, couple that with jug and there ya go.

I tried that today. I still got the fiery borders around my screen. I stated that with my suspected "perma-perk" that my screen had the same pulsating white effect as if one had just landed from a high jump in Moon's biodome (or even when walking outside with no PES). I will try to record one of my matches and post it when I get that perma-perk again.

I tried that today. I still got the fiery borders around my screen. I stated that with my suspected "perma-perk" that my screen had the same pulsating white effect as if one had just landed from a high jump in Moon's biodome (or even when walking outside with no PES). I will try to record one of my matches and post it when I get that perma-perk again.

I've had a similar effect and since it reacts in literally the exact same way as having (apparently) stamin-up (I always thought it was just Jug) I think it was just a minor bug that there was no fire. What purpose would eliminating a minor effect play? Could be something I suppose, but I don't think it's worth the pursuit.