[PS3] Freeze issue @ every zombie-mode

Guys,

Can't be that I'm the only one around here to have this frustrating problem...

Situation;

- From release till last week; played lots of zombies (hours, daily) without any problem,

- Since last week; sudden freeze in EVERY zombie-mode,

- Multiplayer works perfect, no freeze ever.

- Playstation (Slim) connected over Wifi (signal: 70-75%, noise; max 30%)

- Nothing that can explain the freeze, looks random; after round 3, round 17, after PaP'n a gun ( :| ), after spending all my banked money ( :| )...

What have I done;

- Tried every option in the Recovery Menu, from repair till format.

- Clean the PS3, no dust at all.

- Tried BluRay-disc's, works like a charm,

- PS3 got a new BluRay laser two years ago; B.O.1 finished the original one.

What will I do;

- Tomorrow, in a final attempt, I'm going to unscrew my PS3 to clean the laser myself.

If that doesn't work I'm thinking about buying a new one...

But, because most players have this issue (but often in Multiplayer) I hope there is someone over here that can help me out. Cause; a) I'm not looking forward unscrewing the damn thing, B) I'm not in the mood to spend another E200,- on the Ps3 Ultra Slim.

Thanks Activision for your support!

Anyone?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same problem. I bought the hardened edition on Nov. 13th and it froze up everytime I played anything. In zombies, I'd get an audio glitch. Sounded like a helicopter on crack. Finally I just went back to Gamestop and told the guy about it. He said "yea, PS3 really got the shitty end of the stick this time around. Activision and Treyarch really hate that system." So I said well can I get a new game then? He said "it's not going to stop the freeze or lag or audio glitch." I said so what! I payed 80 bucks for this shit and it's pissing me off. So he gave me a new copy of the game and I haven't had any problems since.

So he gave me a new copy of the game and I haven't had any problems since.

Ok, that's what I'm going to do then...

If that doesn't work I'm going to unscrew the damn machine.

I wouldn't do that if the new disc doesn't work.

It's a common issue for PS3 users, mostly because the game is made like an Xbox 360 exclusive and just ported over to the PS3 (Like most Multiplatform games are)

I have both the Xbox 360 and PS3 version and the PS3 has pretty bad lag while the Xbox 360 doesn't. And it has froze before in Multiplayer though i don't remember it freezing in Zombies on the PS3 version and i don't remember it ever freezing in the Xbox 360 version.

I don't think you will be able to do anything if you open up your machine (Unless you were just being sarcastic and i missed the whole joke)

No, it was no joke. My plan was to unscrew the machine and clean the lens.

But, I just bought a new one a few days ago. The Ultra Slim.

Since then I've been playing zombie's for hours and hours without a freeze. The machine seems to work even better; no more lagging when killing a train and the game seems to run smooth. Faster.

Friend of mine had the freeze-issue in multiplayer, he also bought a new one and since then no problems at all...

Think it must be the laser.