Does Moon follow on from Ascension? For and Against

Hello, and welcome to my first topic. It is on something that has troubled me for over a year, and it's the question: Did Richtofen and co head straight to the Moon after Ascension, having already obtained the golden rod and focusing stone, or did the events happen in the order of the maps release?

Reasons why Ascension may be directly before moon:

-It would make sense; they are at a space station, perhaps they were attempting to access moon from there?

-Dempsey's, Nikolai's and Takeo's clothes are ripped and bloody on Ascension, they are immaculate on Shangri-la, and then back to ripped and bloody on moon.

-Richtofen is wearing some sort of astronauts outfit on Ascension and moon, but back to his Nazi Major General's uniform on Shangri-la.

Reasons why Ascension may be before Call of the Dead and Shangri-la:

-Richtofen may have attempted to create the ... (I forget the name (includes two plates and a lot of energy) affect at Ascension, but realized he needed more energy, so set out to obtain the golden rod and focusing stone.

-The characters mention Shangri-la on Moon, as if they had just been there. E.g. Takeo says: "This place has Richtofen written all over it. No, not literally, that was the last place". He means the rock found by the explorers in Shangri-la. This suggests that they had just been there, as he refers to Shangri-la as 'the last place'.

My evaluation:

The characters speak to the player more and more as the maps progress(e.g. Dempsey speaking directly to 'the player'), and I think that Takeo (and other characters' quotes) may well be just this; talking as if the player had just played through these maps.

I just believe that the change in clothes is just too much to miss out. I think it is a far more valid clue than dialogue said by characters in a jesting manor. How would the characters obtain immaculate clothes/uniforms again? and why would they bother getting exactly the same clothes?. You can see that Takeo's uniform is somewhat ruined on Ascension, but perfect on Moon. Also why would Richtofen change his outfit for Shangri-la?

Some of my knowledge may be flawed, I accept that I'm not as knowledgeable as many of the users on these forums :P.

Discuss your thoughts and theories below! :)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In Shangri-La, the characters mention Gersche himself whom you may recall as the one the original 4 helped to create the Kassimir Effect in Ascension. A lot of people tend to just write this off as them breaking the fourth wall, but I don't think so. Dempsey has really kind of been the only one (for the most part) that actually talks to the player, and even then he does so only a handful of times on each map if even that many.

This is the confusing part, to the characters everything happens chronologically in order of the maps. There is usually a little bit of time travel involved between most of the maps starting after Der Riese too. There is also a quote I believe made by either Richtofen or Nikolai about having their clothes washed somewhere between the transition from Cotd to Shangri-La.

Also, If Ascension was right before Moon, Richtofen would've been holding the Focusing Stone and The Golden Rod. It would've been the perfect time for Treyarch to mess with our heads had that been the case, or if it would've been too confusing they would've just patched those two items into the game later on.

EDIT: I went back to look for it and I found two threads pertaining to this. The first one is the one I made, I was a bit off about a few things, but my main point still stands. The second one was a more lengthy discussion about it that I think clears things up.

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=22625&p=218392#p218392

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=22622

In Shangri-La, the characters mention Gersche himself whom you may recall as the one the original 4 helped to create the Kassimir Effect in Ascension. A lot of people tend to just write this off as them breaking the fourth wall, but I don't think so. Dempsey has really kind of been the only one (for the most part) that actually talks to the player, and even then he does so only a handful of times on each map if even that many.

This is the confusing part, to the characters everything happens chronologically in order of the maps. There is usually a little bit of time travel involved between most of the maps starting after Der Riese too. There is also a quote I believe made by either Richtofen or Nikolai about having their clothes washed somewhere between the transition from Cotd to Shangri-La.

Also, If Ascension was right before Moon, Richtofen would've been holding the Focusing Stone and The Golden Rod. It would've been the perfect time for Treyarch to mess with our heads had that been the case, or if it would've been too confusing they would've just patched those two items into the game later on.

EDIT: I went back to look for it and I found two threads pertaining to this. The first one is the one I made, I was a bit off about a few things, but my main point still stands. The second one was a more lengthy discussion about it that I think clears things up.

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=22625&p=218392#p218392

I've read through your thread. You do have a nice point, that it could be a long time for the characters between Ascension and Kino. As for basing this on Nikolai's quote, hmm, it may just be for comic affect.

It still does lead to the problem with the clothes however. E.g. Nikolai's sleeves are ripped up to expose his wrists on Ascension and Moon, but are immaculate on Shangri-la, and Richtofen's random transition for a map. Perhaps it's some sort of time paradox.

I've read through your thread. You do have a nice point, that it could be a long time for the characters between Ascension and Kino. As for basing this on Nikolai's quote, hmm, it may just be for comic affect.

It still does lead to the problem with the clothes however. E.g. Nikolai's sleeves are ripped up to expose his wrists on Ascension and Moon, but are immaculate on Shangri-la, and Richtofen's random transition for a map. Perhaps it's some sort of time paradox.

Perhaps it was all caused by a QED.