Good Way To Start A Game & Some Helpful Tips

BuddhaCrane

Hi guys,

I just thought I'd share this starting strategy I do in Tranzit games. I do this whether I'm playing Solo, or in Public Matches with friends or randoms. The basic strategy is to head straight to Town from the Bus Depot, and I'll go into further detail below.

There are 3 main tid-bits of info I've put in the video below, and then I'll briefly skim over what I do after the events in the vid.

Three bits of useful info (also shown in vid)

1) In the starting room, place the Turbine where I do in the vid, and pick it up from inside the Turbine door room. This will cause both of the Turbine doors to open with only one placement of your Turbine + by picking it back up again from inside the room, the 2nd door won't shut on you. Useful since you can only place the Turbine down a set number of times before it breaks, and if you're using my strategy then you could be placing it down quite a few times.

2) You can knife Denizens BEFORE they land on your head with ONLY the regular knife - it requires specific timing, but is very achievable once you get the hang of it. You can see me doing it in the video. Basically you knife once when the Denizen is JUST in range of your knife, and then knife again immediately after. Once you get the Bowie Knife or the Galvinknuckles then you only need to knife Denizens once to kill them anyway. Note that in the vid it shows me knifing them later than I really am - you have to start knifing them about half a second earlier than that.

3) Crossing lava without Jug: Jump when crossing the lava, so that you take less damage. Also, make sure to jump across just after killing a Denizen, giving you the opportunity to make it all the way across without another one attacking you. Finally, make sure to take a running leap when initially jumping onto the lava - if you take lava damage before taking the leap, i.e. you jumped too late, then don't try crossing the lava - you will probably die, instead jump back and try again once your health has restored. Note that the place where I jump across in the vid is where the lava is at its narrowest.

Video

i5V5-TYmqiw

Basic text walkthrough for after the bank (optional)

After grabbing approx 18k from the bank, what I do next is check the Town Turbine door for the Diner bus part (I generally advise getting Galvinknuckles if possible), and buy Jug and Stamina-Up using your Turbine.

Next I will run through the Fog to the cabin in the woods and get the Bowie knife, so that I can more easily deal with any Denizens + any Zombies that chase me. I will then proceed to activating power. If you're sure you can get Galvinknuckles, and you don't mind trying to double knife the Denizens all the way to Diner then feel free to skip the Bowie Knife (still run through the cabin though, as it's quicker than taking the road).

Run to power, and...well...turn it on. If you skipped out on the Bowie Knife, then I would advice grabbing the AK so you can deal with any Zombies that might get in your way while building the power switch.

Note that you can use a Turbine to leave the power room early, instead of waiting for the power to fully cycle on.

From power I will then run through the cornfield and over the lava to Farm (much easier now that Jug + Stamina Up is active). At Farm I will check the Turbine Door for the Diner bus part, and grab Double Tap.

Note, I will tend to activate telporters as I go, just for fun - you never know when they might come in handy.

Finally, I will run from Farm to Diner, grab an MP5, grab Galvinknuckle if I have the bus part, build the Zombie Shield, throw my Turbine into the lava (so that I can pickup a fresh one later if I want), and grab the Zombie Shield.

That's pretty much it, from there you're setup and good to go! Once I have enough points, I will tend to redeposit into the bank the 18k I took out at the beginning.

I hope at least some of this is useful to you!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice, much better than riding the short bus :)

I find that Tranzit is long enough as it is. Anything that speed things up!

Assuming you decide to instead take the shortcut near the Diner, and hop off the bus after it crosses the lava, then it takes 3:30 mins to get to Town, from the moment you hop onto the bus at the Bus Depot. This is, of course, assuming you stay on the bus so that it leaves quicker. I'm not sure if randomers leaving the bus can cause it to take longer - I only timed it in Solo.

My strategy means it only takes you 1 minute to reach Town, from the moment you leave the Turbine doors at the Bus Depot. I know which one I'd rather do.

Plus things like the trick for knifing the denizens, and being efficient with your Turbine are handy tips no matter what strategy you prefer. I'm just trying to help out.