Game breaking issues in tunnel on solo

weston_19

Now i dont know if this problem has only happened to me, however last night i was playing tranzit on solo. I wanted to get far enough into the ee for it to save, so that i can do it with my friends, who are terrible at fog running and looking for the 2 sets of parts. I knew i had to do it anyways, so might as well get it done solo. Unfortunatly i was not samual, but did the steps anyways. Took the jet gun to the tower, blew it up, and the green lights were buzzing with green electricity.

As far as i know, this is as far as i can go and the game would save. But, i had scored a hamr earlier so some tunnel training was in order to farm some points. It was getting late, i had already killed the electric zombie once. It was around round 18 or 19, so i pack a punched my hamr and an mtar just to be safe, banked the 20k i had, and went to the tunnel. Things were going great, those foregrips are a godsend for players like myself. Mashing points, doing good, feeling good. This is always a bad sign. Its round 23, i make a cutback i should have, and i get stuck trying to run by the horde.

Luckily i have QR, and continue on till i have 2 left, and take off for town. I grab stam and jugg, and dump the earnings into bank. Its late by now, im at 800 or so kills, so i tell myself " get to a 1000 kills, bank, suicide". Off to the tunnel i go. But the storm seemed like the electric man was comming, which ive never seen in the tunnel. I get there and immediatly i knew there was somthing wrong. Alot of texture on the roadway were messed up. It looked like the ground was littered with black slabs, but no screenshot. I figured the game was acting up and considered a suicide, but i wanted that 1000 kills.

I should have suicided. I kill the straglers, next round starts, and the framerate hits the floor. I managed to work with it killing 3 hordes, but the framerate stayed terrible. At 895 kills, i contemplate again bed or 1000. I again choose 1000, and try going to another location to see if it helps. No, i get to the edge of the tunnel and the framerate just stops, ps3 is locked up, and like a migrating host im bitchslapped for wasting my time. Now i realise round 24 is nothing spectacular, however i know alot of high end players use the tunnel for higher rounds. This is a warning, if theres black slabs everywere and your framerate hits the floor, kindly kill yourself in hopes the game will record your progress. ( it looks like stats are updated, my accuracy jumped from 92 to 98%. Ill go back and check if the navcard reader saved or the points in the bank, but if the game doesnt end theres no high round recorded.)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe this happened.

I've seen those black slabs myself, if you go to theatre mode and spectate someone who has gone down and bled out, you might be lucky and their "spectate location" when dead will be in the power room, INSIDE the avagadro container. If you look around with freecam (you can't move unless you switch to a living player) you can see the room littered with black slabs where the "props" in the room should be.

I guess it's a placeholder until you can actually "see" the props.

I dont particularily care about the rounds, just in solo to actually gather all the parts, takes about an hour or so. Add 20 minutes for jugg stam and knucks, its a shame i didnt just die earlier. And i think those black slabs are just the object without its texture. I do have my textures saved to hdd, it could be a read/write error on the ps3 and not the game. Non the less, if it was round 50 ( i doubt i would make it that far) i would not be happy. I just wanted to let everyone know, because the game literally was in slow motion for a whole round.

I also notice spawning zombies would "grab" my camera, like as i approach them my character is forced to look at the zombie. It might be a mechanic we dont notice at regular speed, but i know everybody has that game were you run past a train with a mile of room, only to get pulled towards the horde to be double tapped by two zombies at once.

Finally, in the slow motion round, your character cannot run over risers before they even rise. Before theres any indication that a zombie is rising. No dirt spray, head, arms, nothing. Its like hitting a wall, usually you look down to see the riser, but with slow mo black slab mode, it was so slow i could look down and watch him rise. This has been so frustrating for me because if its not there, i shouldnt be blocked. Im going to see if the theatre saved for the game. I doubt it but worth a shot. This issue itself revealed some mechanics in the game i never noticed. Also, whats up with the hit counters? I have 78xxx bullets fired and 74xxx hits. Im a good shot but 98% is impossible. Is it counting secondary hits, as in penetration hits? If thats the case 200-300% accuracy is obtainable, its just silly. Put a primary hit counter in, ill be at 200% in no time.