Challenge based ranking? Theory

I may have found out the formula to the ranking up system, this may take some explaining so bear with me :D

Here are all of the possible ranks you can get at the present time. I have a hunch we've already been told how we rank up but no one has been able to pick up on it.

Earlier I played a game, it started as a four player game but everyone else left leaving me alone :cry: so I got a sniper out of the box. I then stayed at the farm and started shooting the zombies, as I had the 'deadshot' perma perk I could shoot them at their heads as easy as peas! This went of for about 5 rounds, I then went off played more then paused the game & the server disconnected me. I then looked at my rank, I'd gone from the third image (skull) to the 5th image (skull & knife).

Think of this image laterally, the skull has a knife through its head & the background has that + sign that looks similar to the accuracy stat on elite. Now in the game above NOTHING unusual happened apart from people leaving the game and me getting about 100 headshots & surviving up to round 12, the power was on but all I built was the turbine and two pieces of the bus, I put more money in the bank too for when I really want to go for a high round. This is making me think what if the ranking system isn't match based, skill based, round based or anything like that. but challenge based, you need to complete certain challenges before moving up a rank, in relation to Kill_All_Monkeys thread:

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=25580

He said:

I believe it factors in how many times you are hit in relation to how many kills you get, or in other words, how skilled you are in dodging and evading zombies while also killing several of them at one time. I was lucky enough to get the galvaknuckles by right before round 4, and going back in theater mode, I observed my performance from there on. I had gotten at least a good 100 kills with the knuckles while barely getting hit at all, and in a short amount of time too. While I was also training at the Diner beforehand, I managed to evade nearly all of the zombies' hits.

This could also be a challenge to achieve a new rank, being able to survive the zombies long enough without getting hit.

The tallies could be how close you are getting towards the goal, so how close or not you are to achieving it, getting less means you're doing the wrong thing, getting more means you're doing the right thing.

Finally to relate back to the start of the post where I said that we may have already been told, "Get your shotgun ready" was a re-occurring theme before the game came out, Misty on the cover has a shotgun, what if the shotgun is the key to getting the last medal? Which is a skull which has two shotguns either side of it.

What do you think? The blue eyes are still a mystery though...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be possible. I can't explain otherwise, why really stupid noobs got a Skull or even a Skull with knife, while I just got my knife yesterday.

But your theory has some serious problems in it. What is, when I'm a one boner and achieve the shotgun challenge for the last rank? Would I just get it instantly? I guess not.

If the tallies mean how close you are to your next rank, why don't they start at 1? You had 5 at Skull, then you get your knife, so your know very far to rank up, ergo 1 tally.

Blue eyes is activity. Most realistic thing I've heard is: Play five days in a row = Blue eyes. The tallies could mean, how many days you have played within the last 5.