Power-Up ideas!

Alright, as far as I am aware, there is currently no thread on this topic, so I took it upon myself to present this discussion page to the community. Post all your ideas for power up drops for zombies! The ones we know already are:

Carpenter

Nuke

Insta-kill

Max-ammo

Firesale

Bonfire sale

Double points

Death machine

Perk bottle

Lightning bolt

And the strange QED power ups which include red or negative versions of all of these and bonus points power-ups.

The idea that seems most prevalent is triple points... Or something along the lines of a bonfire sale where it lowers all prices by half except for pack a punch, which is still 1000 points.

While slightly off topic, I have an idea for a QED type wonderweapon where when you throw it it explodes like a grenade except that it also spawns a random power up. There is a certain probability that you will get each type. For example it could be like

25% chance of getting a carpenter

15% chance of getting a nuke

15% chance of getting an insta-kill

10% chance of getting a double points

10% chance of getting a death machine

10% chance of getting a bonus point power up

5% chance of getting a random gun power-up

5% chance of getting a fire sale

4% chance of getting a bonfire sale

1% chance of getting a lightning bolt.

Anywaaaaayyyy........ Discuss!

-V

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing how I didn't post any original ideas of my own, I feel the need to make up for it now.

Hack and slash- the icon is a sword, and when you get it, it grants you a dual wielded sword which deals infinite damage for 30 seconds. You literally hack and slash them to pieces. This grants 130 points per kill! The infinite damage does not apply to zombies that intentionally have massive health.

Slasher- its symbol is a disconnected necrotic leg. all currently spawned zombies lose their legs.

Time freeze- its symbol is an hourglass. pretty self explanatory . Lasts 30 seconds. Gives you a chance to revive a teammate, get some easy headshots, run and buy a perk or hit the box, etc.

Tilt- its symbol is a pinball and a flipper. The gravity of the level shifts for zombies, but not for you. All of the zombies will get rocked around and slammed from wall to ceiling to floor as if the map were rotating. Buys you some time. Mostly for shots and giggles TBH.

Electric Jesus's vengeance- electric Jesus himself appears like a hellhound, with a big zap. He unleashes his fury, shooting

zap gun rounds from his hands and occasionally shooting dg-2 beams from his eyes. ALL THE POWER AND THE GLORY IS MINE!! MUAHAHAHAAA!!!!

How 'bout a few more?

Mind control: the symbol is a 3d model of the eye of providence. Lightning randomly strikes ten zombies. Their eyes glow blue and they start attacking zombies. They target a specific zombie, attacking it until it dies. Any zombie being attacked will halt and fight back, effectively causing pandemonium among the horde.

Earthquake: the icon is a house constantly rattling to pieces and then repairing itself. A low rumble starts, causing the zombies to halt. The rumbling becomes massive, until all of the zombies fall down, like when they are hit by a thunder gun at the edge of its range.

Holy light: the symbol is a flickering cross. Once you grab it a cross descends and unleashed a blinding flash, like when you turn on the power in ascension. The zombies will grab their heads and scream, blinded for ten seconds. They still stagger towards you but will not always lock onto the nearest target. They are utterly confused. Their eyes glow golden, with beams of light pouring out of their eye sockets and mouths.

Communist reform: the symbol is a hammer and sickle. Everyone's points are added and divided by the number of players and then re-distributed. This can be good or bad, so whether you pick it up or not is up to you. Hehe...

Pack attack: the symbol is a handgun with a continuously flashing scarlet muzzle. It gives all players the pack-a-punched version of their currently held gun for 30 seconds. If it is already PAP'd, you just get a random amount of points. This amount can range from 1500 to 3000. The only rule is that it has to be divisible by ten for obvious reasons.

Mercury dash: the symbol is the winged feet of mercury. It grants all players triple speed for 20 seconds. Pretty self explanatory.

Springs: the symbol is a metal spring. It grants all players massive jumps. They can jump slightly less high than the gravity pad things on moon.

Roid rage: the symbol is a mushroom, which is a nod towards super Mario bros. all players grow very large, and can kick zombies like if they were hit by the 31-79 JGB215. However, once you take a dozen hits from zombies you shrink again. You cannot shoot while big, but you never shrink until you take the dozen hits.

Shoot 'em up!: you have infinite ammo in your currently held weapon for 30 seconds. You still reload but no ammo is removed from your reserve ammunition.

Numb senses: you move more slowly but get more health for 30 seconds. The effect is more powerful if you have juggernog. Your look sensitivity is also lowered, so you move very slowly indeed, in an almost drunken haze. Your vision is blurred as though you passed through a crowd of crawler gas, except less extreme. It is a fair price to pay for juggernaut-like power.

Like 'em?

-V

Not to be a "Debby downer" (whoever Debby is) but there are two problembs with your ideas...

1: most of your ideas seem to be kind of out there.... Mind control, communist reform, and pretty much all the others, seem to be great ideas for mods, but not for the usual game....

2: alot of these ideas if not all, involve not only heavy amounts of modifications to the game, and may need more animation, with normal perks such as Carpender, max amo, double points, fire sale, insta kill, bonfire sale, the red perks and bonus points only required the animation of the actual drop and to trigger other already installed animations such as the windows being rebuilt and multiple boxes, the only perks that require more animation is nukes and death machines, they require the death machine graphics and fire animation on all the zombies, if you do those animations too much it will cause loss of profit because too much animation is going into one area and isn't truely helping sales....

Good point. I didn't really put any thought into how easily it could be integrated into blops2, I just thought more along the lines of originality and practicality for the ideas themselves. Also some of these are just jokes. Especially the electric Jesus thing. Some ideas for animations to be recycled are

the zaps from hellhounds for mind control

The first person model from when you stagger towards shepherd at the end of mw2 with the knife could be used for numb senses.

Like I said, holy light could cause the big flash that happens when you turn on the power and restore the color on ascension. Omit the cross thing.

So there are a few ideas. I admit that they are way far out there, but I think they could uncover some animations for each of these. But again they are mostly jokes and not serious ideas.

-V

Good point. I didn't really put any thought into how easily it could be integrated into blops2, I just thought more along the lines of originality and practicality for the ideas themselves. Also some of these are just jokes. Especially the electric Jesus thing. Some ideas for animations to be recycled are

the zaps from hellhounds for mind control

The first person model from when you stagger towards shepherd at the end of mw2 with the knife could be used for numb senses.

Like I said, holy light could cause the big flash that happens when you turn on the power and restore the color on ascension. Omit the cross thing.

So there are a few ideas. I admit that they are way far out there, but I think they could uncover some animations for each of these. But again they are mostly jokes and not serious ideas.

-V

I figured the eletric jesus one was a joke, and the animations you came up with do seem to work quite well, good thread!