Note to self: Less risks

My stay here in Virginia Beach turned out to be pretty decent. Weather held up, cocktails early and often, fine dine every meal. Coming in the forecast was showing the usual vacation curse, but lady luck was smiling by my side this time. Until I got burnt.

Some games you breeze through with much luck, ammo at the right moments, doubles point early on, insta kill later rounds. Some games the eight ball finds you, teleport right into a throng, up the steps to be sandwiched by zombies. A good PS3 friend of mine once told me to not rely on luck, play it safe instead to ensure another round. I look back at my downs and generally classify them as "avoidable" but allow them to happen through carelessness.

Playing co-op I often go down trying to revive because I was impatient. I know a max spawn is essential but often misjudge the crowd. Upon arriving at the reviving scene I often meet the last spawns and end games. Note to self: be patient when reviving.

I often go for refill on ammo before its safe to do so. Playing co-op with zombies running all over I often up the steps to ammo and met my fate. Playing co-op I often head somewhere only to get squeezed in tight spots. Note to self: unless its the end of a round do not go near tight corners.

Some games I just don't have my A game. I can run the Thompson in verruckt with no downs to round 25 in one game, and have 5 downs before round 10 in another. Some people can flip the switch easily whenever necessary I seem to always flip the wrong one. Note to self: if you don't have it, take the easier training spot.

I often shoot a bit longer than I should. Before going around a corner I shoot while backing and often miss my exit. Or in mid round kill too many at once and not allow myself enough space to handle new spawns. I also hit the box one time too many after the round starts. You are confident you can do it or somehow "feel" the next hit is ray gun. Note to self: stop being greedy.

I always always always always down knifing in early rounds after getting hit. I have a bit of the western cowboy mindset that even after getting hit I can knife kill before I get hit again. 99.9% of the time I fail to kill before slapped again. Note to self: you are older and slower than you want to admit.

I am by no means a good player or even a decent player. Especially not good enough to take risks. One day when lady luck of Nazi zombies smiles upon me I will take more risks. Until then, I shall stop playing like I have chopper's moves.

What kind of risks do you take? Lady luck smiles on you?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I take a lot of unnecessary risks in co-op games. But not the kind of co-p games where we're trying to break a record, just the fun games.

I always have this attitude, "Running in safe areas is no fun, let's run this little shoe-box train instead to keep things exciting" :lol:

One of my favorite weapons is Galil.

More of an all purpose weapon.

Never any real weakness

Often the case fit my strategies

Make wall weapons look bad

Not the most popular box weapon.

Only wonder weapons are superior

My favorite non wonder box weapon us Galil.

Pretty easy and identifiable. Game on. Special thanks to shooter's formatting 101.

• Administrators

The risks I usually end up taking are jumping through Zombies at the wrong time and getting caught between them and then getting stuck, but if I have Stamin-Up it usually works out. Another one I do isn't really a risk, more of me not thinking. In that scenario, I'll have an AR out instead of my Thundergun and then get hit before I can blow all the Zombies awway.