Shi No Numa Nikolai quote

gryfo

While playing solo on Shi No Numa, in Black Ops, I heard Nikolai saying an interesting quote: "The boss won't be satisfied".

I heard it while crossing the bridge just past the flogger.

However, I own an italian copy of the game, and so I can't be sure of that (For example, the power-up sounds are missing in the new map).

I wasn't doing anything but walking when it triggered, and if someone with an english copy could check it would be nice ;)

And on a side note: does anyone know if the Die Glocke note under the spawn area is changed? I noticed that it has some more writings than I remembered it had in World at War.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

By "the boss" I think he means Stalin, the leader of Russia at that time. He reference himself as a Soviet a lot so he still has his affiliations with his country of origin. After approaching the Pack-A-Punch machine in Der Reise, he references "the boss" again, "Wow... I gotta take this back for the boss to see." like I said, I think he's just referring to Stalin.

By "the boss" I think he means Stalin, the leader of Russia at that time. He reference himself as a Soviet a lot so he still has his affiliations with his country of origin. After approaching the Pack-A-Punch machine in Der Reise, he references "the boss" again, "Wow... I gotta take this back for the boss to see." like I said, I think he's just referring to Stalin.

I though that too, but what interested me was the other part of the phrase.

He "won't be satisfied", but why?

Maybe Nikolai was sent by him, and he's referring at the whole line of events that happened.

However, I'm just trying to put here some ideas; as we have seen many quotes reveal a little part of the storyline ;)

• Administrators

I can't be sure, you might have looked at something when he said it, or gone past a certain place in the map that triggers a quote. That is the only thing I can think of if you truly say you were doing nothing but walking.

I can't be sure, you might have looked at something when he said it, or gone past a certain place in the map that triggers a quote. That is the only thing I can think of if you truly say you were doing nothing but walking.

I was just past the flogger, walking towards the bridge, just a few steps before.

I looked behind me at some zombies that were under the flogger (deactivated) then I looked towards left (More or less at an angle of 30/60°) for two or three seconds and then again behind.

I'll try to replicate it as soon as possible, but I think this might help.

• Administrators

Was it your first time going on the bridge? If so, he may have been "dissatisfied" that there was more to the map then originally thought. If not that, he may have been commenting about the flogger.

• 1 month later...