Is using macros = cheating?

I know this would belong to PC, but since I'll get 0 answers / 2 views in PC section, I request this being in General Gameplay for few days. Then it can be moved.

Hi

I got some new freaky keyboard and mouse. It allows me to program macros. A macro is just a series of inputs that are given to your gaming system.

For example, I press my mouse xy special button, and what happens is I go ADS, give 8 pistol shots at max or almost max pace, and then i'll knife. Plus it presses "repair window" all the time of the sequence (I don't press it, the macro does it for me).

That's just what I need for Round 2.

However, in case I go out of ammo, I press "G12" on my keyboard and it holds down "repair window" for 6 seconds. If I press it twice, "repair window" is held down for 12 seconds, etc.

Q: Is this stuff still legit play?

Imho yes, but only as long as you use those features for convenience and as long as you could do that manually. I mean, it's really not difficult to click as fast as the max firerate of the M1911. Therefore, it is in my opinion ok to use an automatic sequence for those 8 shots.

I actually see it as a disadvantage, since those 8 shots will be given. They will be shot, no matter what. In case my mate kills the targeted zombie while I (respectively my macro) goes ADS... I'll lose 8 shots for nothing.

As well, "repair window" is the same button like "open door" or "buy gun" on PC. If I pass by the M14, it'll probably be bought I guess, no matter if I want it or not.

I'd like to hear your opinion! But keep in mind, it's in every PC player's right, to bind knifing onto his mouse, so he can repair and knife at the same time. This is extremely useful in 4ppl games in Rounds 1-6. You'll have an easy time to cover your window, when you are able to knife and repair at the same time. Many Pro's do that, even some amateurs. And it's absolutely ok.

So is it also still in the PC player's right, to use his input tools for his advantage, when they can do a bit more than usual?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the example you've given, I think that it's perfectly acceptable to do that, and I think that at the player's own discretion, it's their choice whether or not to control their game like that.

I'm not a PC expert, but I can say that if it's purely for convenience then I generally have no issues with that. Like you said, there are drawbacks, and often times, it's just better to control your game completely, without the buttons gaming for you, per say.