Randoms and Etiquette

Sitting in my office today in sunny Pennsylvania, stocks are down so I started fantasizing being Sam Worthington in that MW3 commercial, I decided to do a piece on "Randoms and Etiquette".

We have all been there, how to assess randoms? In a room with three others we never encountered. First we check their high rounds, then points and kills. Deciphering the three numbers we make assumptions who they are. Which number is most deceiving? Which is more telling? Personally I believe points are the best indication of who you are. A kid ridng hot teammates can reach round 30 with 200 kills, but a noob like me will accumulate 100 thousand point by round 30 in an even contributing team.

We have all been there, young guys with mikes or mature selfish guys? A young guy singing lady gaga throughout the game is nowhere on my Christmas wishlist. Yet I found young guys are generally more passionate and helpful. A 10 year old will go on a suicide mission to save you because "that's what teammates do". A nine year old once took the time to demonstrate the glitches on Five and which way claymores should face. On the other hand, for every good young teammate there are 10x the "revive me now or I curse your mother" and lady gaga wannabes. Mature teammates are generally more refined, no one sings poker face and mothers are rarely criticized. But good luck asking them to guard the window or open debris. They worry about their points and kills and will let you die if you have the thundergun not them.

Before anyone flood me with hate mails and arguments I would like to add that the above assessments are in general, and how each groups are normally received. Everyone on my PS3 friends list are legit unselfish players who were at some point randoms in my eyes. After many battles and survivals together we became band of brothers.

Next time you are given the chance to team with randoms, ask them if they are gaga lovers or point whores. If you are lucky, neither.

BTW my three favorite YouTubers not only read but replied my posts, so one less thing in my bucket list. If Michael Flatley come watch me dance and Paris Hilton makes a "home video" with me, I can die happy.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What I now think about randoms. I am a random to them, no different.

I used to feel superior, that was before I joined CODZ and thought about things completely differently. I found an outlet here to discuss all the things I wanted to talk about with randoms but there really was no outlet.

Sure there are the annoying ones, the squeaky voices, the swearing, Mum jokes etc. You also find some really good player, makes some good friends and more often than not end up having some kind of fun game.

Don't diss the randoms!