Ray Gun - Blast Damage and direct impact damage (Question)

Hi

Just did some testing. The Ray has a 5 neck multiplier and a 4 headshot multiplier. So I thought, why everybody shoots at the ground. Cause with neck shots, you would do 5000 damage, which is very solid, plus the blast thing. When you shoot onto the ground, you loose those 5k direct impact damage each shot, when you shoot at the legs or so, you loose still 4k each bullet.

I did some test right now. Gather a group, and once I shot only in the neck, the other time on the ground, very low fire rate, so to use as few ammo as possible. Was round 17-18-19, so the zombies have more than 1k health, but less then 4k.

Surprising Result: Used about 10-15% less ammo when I shot onto the ground to take out a group.

Another test. Round 22 or something, where 4k and 5k damage is still lethal for the zombs. So I expected the zombie I shoot at to die instantly. I aimed at my best. But guess what, absolutely no insta kill.

So, wtf is going on here. Can someone explain me this? Headshot and Neckshot multipliers, direct impact damage vs blast damage, which zomb gets how many blast, does blast damage also get multiplied, etc etc etc. I do not get it.

Just thinking about: Ray has 1500 max blast. Plus 1000 direct impact. So the zombie I shoot is supposed to get about 2500 damage. I remember Round 13, I shoot a zombie in the leg and I make a crawler. But the zombie has only 1400 life, and 1400 is less then 2500. And the next full healthy zombie on the other hand gets directly killed. So really, what the.... ? I totally do not understand the blast damage system.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic