Was Richtofen here before?

I was playing COTD and I always know the radios are Richtofen speaking, but I've heard many people deny it and insist that it is a Soviet ship.

However, I am increasingly believing that COTD was a project directed specifically by Richtofen, perhaps on his way to Shangri-La when his ship was moorned. All of the cargo containers have human-sized "coffins" in them, with injection apparatuses hooking up to strange tanks on the side. Zombie storage units.

One of the biggest arguments against the ships being of Nazi origin was the highly sophisticated computers on board, but since the release of Moon, I'd say they match up pretty evenly against what we know 935 had at its disposal.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really have no clue because i havent spent enough time on the map

But i did notice that the containers that are on the boat (inside it seems test subjects are held in a suspended state there is electrodes around the head area) have soviet stars on them

I have a list of german ships somewhere that where captured and redeployed by the soviets after the war i know there is large cargo ships and icebreakers on it so it could also be a ex german ship

Some images might be useful of the inside

Like i say i dont know much about COTD but doesnt one of the radios say the army of undead lay in wait

This could mean that they had found a way to store the zombies in a type of coma

If your talking about the Soviet Reanimation Experiments

Be carefull and think about if you really want to watch the footage of that

It freaked me out

Be warned

Sorry i sort of assumed you had seen it i was trying to give a sort of warning to people who hadnt

im just linking the ability to change states

Sounds strange but there dead brought back to being undead put in a coma /suspended state and then brought back to undead again if that makes any sense

I cant think of any other reason for the strange containers on the ship

Edit heres a list merchant ships i sure i have the ones taken by soviet navy somewhere

http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/guides/So ... after_WWII

The boat that went to the artic SCHWABENLAND catapult vessel was sunk and salvaged im guessing by the soviets scuttled 31/12/1946 with chemical ammunition on board

http://www.navypedia.org/ships/germany/ ... enland.htm

• Administrators

My explanation for the radios being there are simply because they just are lol. I do not believe that he is in CoTD in the radios, but I do believe he was there at some point. If you want to get technical, the radios could have picked up a signal of some sort like all the ones in Shi No Numa.

My explanation for the radios being there are simply because they just are lol. I do not believe that he is in CoTD in the radios, but I do believe he was there at some point. If you want to get technical, the radios could have picked up a signal of some sort like all the ones in Shi No Numa.

I totally agree with you and the only reason i mention the radio is something he mentions on a radio on the same map and this could be linked to zombies in storage in the containers

Sorry i should have checked the radio transcript and posted the quote if it was relevent

EDIT

Deeeear diary,

Today was a good day. The swelling has subsided, the ice helps.

They made liverwurst for lunch. It was *static*. I still have not had any luck reprogramming any of the live specimens. Dr. Maxis says the key to unlocking the human mind will be more easily discovered of someone who isn't dead yet. I am not convinced. The army is stored until I can fix this, this trust barrier. Oh. Apparently someone in security found a spy today, they are delivering him from Verruckt, to replace the one that I broke.

Maybe those radios where recorded in the room(s?) that the team is trapped in relating to the easter egg?

The ship could have just been transporting things TO that base, and the lighthouse was a more modern addition, built over the base in modern times.

That would explain the door not opening, since the things they would have found in there would have been groundbreaking.

Just some food for thought.

That makes sense. I feel that he may not mean just CoTD, but Shangri-La, Der Riese, and even Kino. I don't know sounds to me like they had quite the barrel count haha

Yes sorry you have bear with me i dont make myself very clear sometimes

I think the barrels in kino etc and containers on the ship are 2 different things

The barrels could have been used for storage but i think that there primary use was to subject the contents to the enviromental conditions of space

Someone said to me giving a perk to a zombie was ridiculous

Witch it is but not so insane if its QR and you wanted to bring a zombie back to his grwling self after they had been put into a state of suspension

I dont think the radio and soviet containers are directly related but it just another clue of origin and end result (or a datapoint of a stage of hardware/physics) without the links inbetween

• Administrators

I personally have not seen the contents of the barrels on the ship, I assume they are different if you think that they are not the same. In the intel, there are things about how they are storing things inside the containers to test the environment and conditions. I believe that the containers they speak of are the barrels with the creatures in them, because he suggests moving to human subjects. Because of that, I believe the containers to store monkeys. We know they used to do that kind of thing.

that is a very high possibility [brains]

I totally agree with you and the only reason i mention the radio is something he mentions on a radio on the same map and this could be linked to zombies in storage in the containers

Sorry i should have checked the radio transcript and posted the quote if it was relevent

EDIT

Deeeear diary,

Today was a good day. The swelling has subsided, the ice helps.

They made liverwurst for lunch. It was *static*. I still have not had any luck reprogramming any of the live specimens. Dr. Maxis says the key to unlocking the human mind will be more easily discovered of someone who isn't dead yet. I am not convinced. The army is stored until I can fix this, this trust barrier. Oh. Apparently someone in security found a spy today, they are delivering him from Verruckt, to replace the one that I broke.

that must be when they found dempsey where are the radios ive never played cotd before and cant find them? [brains]

• Administrators

To clear things up, K1llsteelr and I were talking about different things haha, so that might cause any confusion to be fixed up. I still believe however that the containers in the intel are the containers that we see in Kino.

that must be when they found dempsey where are the radios ive never played cotd before and cant find them? [brains]

The radios can be viewed in full right here: http://bit.ly/llSwUy

He knew that the Golden Rod was in COTD, so he did have knowledge of the place. It's plausible.

actualy theres a transmission i foud where the COTD team and dempseys team teamed up and richtofen found the rod and hid it in his clothes and dempsey asked him what that whas doing in his clothes (cause it stuck out) and he said it was nothing they were planning on going to the moon then because they thought it was safer than earth but the rod altered the transporter and sent them to ascension :facepalm:

• Administrators

He knew that the Golden Rod was in COTD, so he did have knowledge of the place. It's plausible.

actualy theres a transmission i foud where the COTD team and dempseys team teamed up and richtofen found the rod and hid it in his clothes and dempsey asked him what that whas doing in his clothes (cause it stuck out) and he said it was nothing they were planning on going to the moon then because they thought it was safer than earth but the rod altered the transporter and sent them to ascension :facepalm:

That would make sense except that Call of the Dead is after Ascension, so they technically went from Ascension to Call of the Dead to Shangri-La. Richtofen still needed to get the Focusing Stone from Shangri-La so he purposefully sent all of them there.

That would make sense except that Call of the Dead is after Ascension, so they technically went from Ascension to Call of the Dead to Shangri-La. Richtofen still needed to get the Focusing Stone from Shangri-La so he purposefully sent all of them there.

oh oops sorry i was in a hury when i wrote that. :D