Stay Simple, Stay Fresh, do it for the fans this time.

nhcre8tv1

Before I begin, a quick message to the Treyarch zombies team: I hate when things change. I don't mind change, per say, but when they change from A New Hope to Attack of the Clones, I get peeved. Appealing to a broader audience is awesome, and it's always rewarding to see something you love and follow have a sales jump, but make sure your hardcore fans that know and love your piece of entertainment, still think you have at least an ounce of credibility left.

Now onto it.

I hope to god that reasons why I liked and disliked, say, a good example of a map:

Kino Der Toten

What I liked, is it had the old zombies vibe, daytime, OUTSIDE!!!, and it was fun, easy and flowing co-op.

Now onto dislike. A new, absolutely horrid story twist that turned my dark, cult-like horror dramedy, into a 1950's hippie alien proof reel. Not cool. I hope the good boys and girls on the zombie team had their backs against the wall at the time, and if so, I understand, you guys have been doing a fantastic job with what you had.

It was much too easy to solo, not because of a lack of "factors and twists" that Treyarch calls them, or what everyone else calls them, "bad ideas." The fans know what I'm talking about George Romero cough Pentagon Thief cough. You can change the map layout, make it as big as I'll get out, add awesome side missions that take heart and thinking, bend over for your publisher and overprice your map packs to all hell, and put your maps out every 31 days for 7.99 a stupid month, just make the flow of the actual game the same. You messed with your precious formula all too much, and now we have the cluster****s that are Moon and COtD.

TL;DR is that I just hope to the gaming god that watches over and controls the very talented and hard working people that make the experiences we call video games all us gamers waste our lives on to just once, think about your core fan base, and keep doing what you WERE doing, not what your currently payed to. That's why I love this damn zombie team. They read these forums, and know us. Thank you, for that. Just bare in mind the story and the fans, our opinions are fragile, and very few of us give you a chance.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally love Moon.

Treyarch does what it can and actually does listen to us.

If there were no new features, we'd just be playing bigger versions of Nacht, now wouldn't we?

Notice: We didn't like the Pentagon thief, do they didn't try it again.

They tried to encourage teamwork with Space Monkeys, didn't work, didn't add them again.

We wanted bosses? Add George. George was the worst implement in zombies history? Add Napalm/Screamer.

Hellhounds: very popular. We all like them, so Treyarch kept them for 3 straight maps.

Mule Kick: we triad a ton of glitches for 3 weapons, give us a perk for it.

That is all.

Honestly, I'm glad the major change with Call of the Dead came. No boss rounds, no traps, achievements for EE's, and just for CotD, 4 Wonder Weapons!

But seriously, if zombies stayed the same, then it would get very repetitive and boring! I don't think I could stand having to face Hellhounds in 8/10 maps.

Pentagon Thief was new and exciting! He a faster-than-you enemy that stole your weapons, was very hard to overcome at first. You rewarded with the new power-up Bonfire Sale, which reduced the PaP Machine to 1000!

Space Monkeys were a welcome change. One of the most annoying, and smallest enemy, they'd steal perks, something that the community had not ever experienced!

George Romero was the first boss stay around all the time. It eliminated camping for long periods of time, and required quick tactics when enraged. He was a game changer, dealing in death, random perks, and DG-2's. I honestly loved the idea of the George character. Yeah he gets annoying, but don't all bosses?

Napalm was a simplified version of George. I only felt it was unique because it was a fire zombie, but nothing more than a George copy. It added to Shangri-La's difficulty, with it exploding and PhD not saving you.

Shrieker was similar to the Thief, with it's speed and weakness to Insta-Kill and Nuke. The screech blurring the screen was an interesting concept, but it's basically same as the blurry vision from grenades and Nova 6 gas. I was more interested in Napalm, which I was disappointed with.

Zombie Monkeys were just the same as Space Monkeys, except they stole power-ups which was new. Although not considered the boss of Shangri-La, these guys changed Zombies with the ability to change power-ups as well as granting a massive 500 points upon death. The Hacker is essentially based off them.

Astro-Zombie/Cosmonaut is a combination of George and a Space Monkey. Considered the most annoying enemy because of it's ever increasing health, Gersch running glitch, perk stealing, and spawning anywhere abilities.

So I reckon these changes were good, because they were all mostly new experiences that tested a players skill. I do miss however the boss rounds, so I'm hoping in the next game that each map changes between boss round and non-boss round.