Der Riese Loop strategy (Based on a Glitch)

Recently learned about the Single Window Glitch in the room behind Double Tap on Der Riese, so I decided to try it. By about round 16, they started to breach the Window very quickly, so I started to form a looping strategy on the spot to stay alive after the breach. Circles werent reliable, so I did cutback-style-arch formations. It worked pretty well up until round 25, when I died trying to hold Zombies out the window again, and I got multislapped through the window.

Here is a crude map depicting what I was doing.

I held the window and pumped buck into them until I started to get hit too much, so I ran over to the corner near, but not right next to Double tap (see map) and waited for full breach. Tey spew in in a single mass mob, so forming a train is a very short process. 2 Waffe Shots, and about 3-6 shots of buck (depending on round) and the horde was gone, leaving you about 3 seconds to reposition yourself at the window before another wave comes.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an idea for you if you intend to use this "glitch" again. Carry either 2 weapons or 3, with Mule Kick, but make sure to have both the wunderwaffe and ray gun. Once 3 zombies reach the window, shoot their legs out with the ray gun (you can use grenades on earlier rounds). What this does is creates three crawlers and the other zombies will stand behind the crawlers looking clueless, believe me it works. The benefits are: 1) you don't get hit through the window by crawlers (in Black Ops) 2) No matter how hard they try, those 3 crawlers will never tear down all the boards before you can rebuild 3) you can round up the entire horde all at once and 4) you can get max points for boarding windows each round!

Now I would recommend a strategy that doesn't require the use of a glitch, but to each his(or her) own.

Hope this helps in some way. :)

I was just throwing it out there because its something interesting. NOw the Crawler thing just made it a joke. Atleast when you let them through its somewhat of a challenge.

A friend and I did this just with standing at the window, fixing it and unloading. We built up a massive Bouncing Betty minefield behind it, and on round 30 we just let them build up at the window, then released them into the room XD It was epic.

Ok I didn't realise that you can force all zombies to spawn at one window. That's just a tad overpowered!

On Nacht I'm talking about the solo strat of circling the spawn room end opposite to Mule Kick. If you have a ray gun and make sure you keep leaving 3 crawlers behind the window it slows the spawns and makes it more manageable.

I dunno, I've tried this out and I'm still not a fan of it because of how easy it makes the game. Even in solo, if you know how to properly hold down a window then the zombies are never gonna get in; just keep repairing the boards, shooting a little and repeating, ridiculously easy. Even if they do somehow get in, all that's needed is a simple figure-of-8 loop to keep them under control which is also really easy.

Lol. I guess I dont know how to properly hold windows.

I've never really had to hold any windows past Round 4 until I did this, and it got me killed. I am one of those people that never fixes windows, and refuses to pick up Carpenters most of the time as well. In strategies where people want me to hold a window while they camp, I just tell them Hell No and go run off somewhere. (NOt always in that tone. If people keep bugging me about it I may get rude, but I try to be respectful until that.)

That was my biggest problem with this strategy. Its too campy. (I was just sharing it)

I am also reminded: Stubborn Runners and Stubborn Campers (Especially Stubborn TEAMS of Campers) Dont really get along well in Zombie games o-o.