Getting put in a randoms Private Match?

Rissole25

Alright so I wasn't really sure where this would belong, so I thought Black Ops was suitable.

Anyway, today I was searching for a game of Moon after just getting out of one on it. So while it's searching, I decide to look through my unread messages. I hear the sound that plays when you get in a lobby and get out of the XMB menu. This is where it gets wierd.

I was in a Private Match lobby of some random who I didn't know. Didn't recall ever playing him, and he wasn't a friend of mine. The thing is was that Moon was the map that he had selected. He messages me and asks 'who the hell I am', and I explain what happened. Anyway we do a couple of matches, add each other as friends and yea.

But what I want to know is how did I get into a Private Match with a random when I was searching for a Public Match? The only way to join someone's private match if they're not your friend is if they invite you, and he didn't do that. He wasn't my friend either, so I couldn't of pressed [ ] (Square) in the friends online menu to join him. Any ideas?

I have one theory that could've made it possible, but it's a long shot and is very unlikely the cause of it. I'll explain it once I hear from others.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This did happened to me few times. I guess it might be your friend was with him in a private lobby in some time in point of time before you got on the private lobby. Someone was having private match, and left the lobby. Then you got on private lobby. This is just a theory. I guess it might happened or not... I know it is wierd. I dont really understand why does this happens sometimes.

I'm thinking that as well. My friend and I were trying to get into a match, but since our NAT types are different, the only way we can connect is if we can get into the same lobby, or someone else hosts. I tried numerous times join him through the Friends Online menu but it never worked. Only stuck on the loading screen or for some reason my username would disappear from the list on the side.

What I'm thinking is that it was a delayed thing possibly? We tried doing this about 30 mins before I joined this guys match. So my friend might've joined this guys public match or something and he was host, I tried joining when he was host and somehow it's been delayed and I somehow ended up joining way later. This is the only reason I can think of, and even than it seems unlikely or a long shot.

• 3 weeks later...

WOW thats exactly what happened to me before

I'm thinking that as well. My friend and I were trying to get into a match, but since our NAT types are different, the only way we can connect is if we can get into the same lobby, or someone else hosts. I tried numerous times join him through the Friends Online menu but it never worked. Only stuck on the loading screen or for some reason my username would disappear from the list on the side.

What I'm thinking is that it was a delayed thing possibly? We tried doing this about 30 mins before I joined this guys match. So my friend might've joined this guys public match or something and he was host, I tried joining when he was host and somehow it's been delayed and I somehow ended up joining way later. This is the only reason I can think of, and even than it seems unlikely or a long shot.