How to get Avenged Sevenfold: Nightmare to play

LiamFTWinter

I finally figured a solid tutorial for this.

This will also get you the "One Giant Leap" Achievement

Here it is in video form and the text tutorial can be found below.

UKq_oed-IrM

Step 1: Play until Excavators are breaching tunnel 11 and 6 at the same time.

Step 2: Keep one zombie at the end of a round

Step 3: Whilst they are breaching, teleport to Area 51 then back to spawn.

Step 4: When you are back in spawn, have the person who wants the "One Giant Leap" achievement down themselves, I did it using the excavator, I'm not sure if you have to use the Excavator to kill yourself each time.

Step 5: Wait for the player(S) to die, when they do, kill the last Zombie to start a new round.

This will activate the song "Nightmare" by Avenged Sevenfold and get you the "One Giant Leap" achievement.

I've seen a lot of confusion around this so I thought I would make this to stop the confusion. I hope it helps.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why does someone have to down themselves to get it to work. also, i thought the "One giant leap" acheivement says that you have to stop all the escavators before they attack

Nope, that's a different achievement, this is to escape the receiving area using resurrection in co-op.

ohh right. what is the receiving area though? under a spinning buzz-saw? lol. why do you have to go to area 51 first?

why does someone have to down themselves to get it to work. also, i thought the "One giant leap" acheivement says that you have to stop all the escavators before they attack

Nope, that's a different achievement, this is to escape the receiving area using resurrection in co-op.

ohh right. what is the receiving area though? under a spinning buzz-saw? lol. why do you have to go to area 51 first?

The receiving area is spawn, I went to area 51 to get to spawn as the 2 excavators were blocking off the way.

A lot of people are coming up with different theories of how to get this to work, some say you don't both excavators, some say you don't need to run into them. But they give no proof, I'm just giving proof of how I did it which should work for everyone else.