'Location dictates how you play'- Discussion Thread

killerussian

"1oS: Are there other new weapons this time around? Any new gameplay mechanics?

JZ: This game mode is all about discovery. Whether our characters discover new weapons in the various places they visit is dependent on where they go. Same can be said for gameplay mechanics — the location dictates how you play. Ever been to the moon?"

This quote was taken from the interview between 1os and Jimmy Zilenski (the main Zombie Dev)

I'm surprised that this statement hasn't sparked too much discussion among the forums on CoDz.

There are two halves to this message-

1 being about discovering new weapons by going and exploring the map and it's different locations

2- being about the gameplay mechanics depending where you are in the map (which can be anything from Gravity, to speed, environment changes, etc)

The Second part is pretty conclusive information that can lead us to decide that there will be different parts of the map that will change the way we need to play at the time. And when i say that, i mean more things to take into consideration. If it's a higher gravity level, it means you'd have to take into consideration that you may be slower than normal so be careful not to be caught off guard

Maybe there's a location like in Call of the Dead and it's freezing water effect. If you stay in a certain place too long maybe you'll become frozen or downed or something along those lines.

The most interesting and peculiar part of this statement is the first half "This game mode is all about discovery. Whether our characters discover new weapons in the various places they visit is dependent on where they go."

This message is special because it's obvious that in every map, the farther to the center of the map that you go to, the stronger the weapons get.

But by saying this, it means that there's something different this time. By going to different parts of the map, maybe weapons of different quality and persona can be found.

Could it mean different WunderWeapons can only be ascertained in certain parts of the map?

Maybe one side has strictly automatic guns

Or maybe this is like a Shi No Numa map, where the perks switch between fixed locations, and depending on where you go, you will find different things unique to only that side of the map?

Tell me what you guys think. I highly doubt this is accurate information, but I'm running out of ideas for this. Whatever this information means, i'm sure the end outcome will be something special!

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic