Totem/Statue Theory [Updated]

First, to activate the spinning of the totem you need to turn on the power (releasing of water into the water mills).

Everything in Shangri-La is probably powered by the mills, rather than electricity. (although it still shows lighting bolts murals :? these could just be general indicators directing you to 'Power')

The Totem is divided into 4 sections. When you see it in action, each section appears to be spinning at different speeds.

The bottom seems to spin much faster than the top.

I'm no math wizard, but if they are rotating at different speeds the correct alignment may never be exact at the same time.

Now similar to the dials in COTD, we will have to set these 4 speeds.

There may be more water activated switches that change the speeds or it could have to do with the gongs I've seen around the map.

(I've noticed 2 for sure, could be 2 more somewhere else)

Maybe you have to kick a baby into each of the gongs in a certain order :lol:

When we find the right speeds for each section, they will align

and with a little turn of the stone on the right of the totem, it will turn into a Gold statue:

maybe it will give us the focusing stone :?: :?: or perhaps this is only one of the steps....

Personally, I hope this is not the final step, and we finally get a secret room :twisted: for the climax of all Easter eggs!

Let me know what you guys think!

UPDATE:

Looks like there is another totem here in the back!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a good idea but honestly i think it's just the sun. But then again you could be right because in all the other zombie maps (excluding CoTD) the weather/lighting does not change so i'm probably wrong. Guess we will just have to wait until tonight (Or if your like me and will most likely fall asleep,tomorrow :lol: )