The Zoo Theories

This thread is to discuss possible locations and features for the multiplayer map, the Zoo. Out of all the new MP maps, the Zoo stands out as being the most unique IMO.

A quick Google of historic battles or wars relating to zoos leads me to believe the Zoo map will be in Germany. (it's actually in Soviet Russia :oops: )

Some zoos in Germany such as Berlin Zoo and Dresden Zoo were badly damaged during Allied air raids in 1944. Other zoos such as Warsaw Zoo was effectively destroyed during fighting and rebuilt after the war.

Badly damaged zoo = sounds like a Treyarch map to me

In regards to map features, it seems obvious there would be animals in the map HOWEVER we all thought Stadium would be centered around the hockey rink... I don't think that map really lived up to our expectation.

But here's to hoping there are lots of animals that can kill you if you get too close to their enclosure or something (similar to the red areas of Berlin wall). I think the map will contain 2 main areas connected by a bridge in the middle (flag B). While most of the map will probably be outside, there may be inside areas like an Aquarium or conservatory.

What do you guys think about the Zoo map or features you'd like to see?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the intel, located here -->http://www.callofduty.com/intel/456, and this quote, ""Zoo" takes you on a wild ride in an abandoned Soviet Russian Zoo, with danger at every turn" I can only imagine possibilities.

But I definitely see where you were going with No Mans Land from Berlin Wall.

Honestly, I'm somewhat hoping for them to expand that idea and also tie in the usable door on Radiation. Say for example you can activate certain habitats to let loose their animals and cause chaos for a certain amount of seconds or for them to block off an area entirely until you can activate the switch again.

IE: Opening up a Lions den right after planting the bomb in Search or other to help guard it for say 15 seconds before they go back into their cages. Or depending on how big Zoo actually is cause a stampede of buffalo or some other large creature to shoot across the middle of the map since it's the 'main exhibit.'

From the intel, located here -->http://www.callofduty.com/intel/456, and this quote, ""Zoo" takes you on a wild ride in an abandoned Soviet Russian Zoo, with danger at every turn" I can only imagine possibilities.

But I definitely see where you were going with No Mans Land from Berlin Wall.

Honestly, I'm somewhat hoping for them to expand that idea and also tie in the usable door on Radiation. Say for example you can activate certain habitats to let loose their animals and cause chaos for a certain amount of seconds or for them to block off an area entirely until you can activate the switch again.

IE: Opening up a Lions den right after planting the bomb in Search or other to help guard it for say 15 seconds before they go back into their cages. Or depending on how big Zoo actually is cause a stampede of buffalo or some other large creature to shoot across the middle of the map since it's the 'main exhibit.'

Ah I did read that before but I forgot... So ya Soviet Russia eh.. :oops:

I love your idea of releasing the animals

"ENEMY DOGS INCOMING!"

:roll:

*releases the lions*

'abandoned' zoo leads you to think there wouldn't be any animals :-( but it does say danger at every turn.... hmm