Area 51

Alright, so we heard Dr. Maxis clearly state the nevada base (Area 51) has more element 115 back on Der Riese during the radio message found in the underground alleyway area. The coordinates heard right before Peter's message on SNN also point to areas surrounding Area 51.

People have hoped for Area 51 since Der Riese and I'm one of them. Any other takers?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, so we heard Dr. Maxis clearly state the nevada base (Area 51) has more element 115 back on Der Riese during the radio message found in the underground alleyway area. The coordinates heard right before Peter's message on SNN also point to areas surrounding Area 51.

People have hoped for Area 51 since Der Riese and I'm one of them. Any other takers?

Yes. Just yes. This is what I have been clinging to.

ok,

riddle me this.... how do any of you area 51 enthusiasts imagine that such a map could possibly end up any different than the 2 sub-levels in FIVE?

i mean, i get it... the idea of area 51 provokes some pretty sexy potential for killing some extravagantly bizarre shit, but in terms of map design area 51 (above ground air base/below ground research facilities)is something i can almost promise treyarch would not touch.

two reasons:

1. above/below ground dynamic in the context of a single map presents needless complications with level design/flow. a porvocative locale is meaningless if it comes with the baggage of compromised level design.

2. area 51 already has almost a half century of mythology behind it, why would treyarch bother clouding the universe of their own storyline? reinventing a location that is so entrenched in pop culture is always a catastrophe. in the act of prostituting the area 51 phenomenon they would needlessly call their own intellectual property into question (and that of the increasingly persnickety Activision). instead of making like moses and parting their groveling fan base like the red sea treyarch will more likely than not opt for something that does not irrevocably suck.

and don't take what i'm offering lightly... i'm not just shooting from the hip.

given the unavoidable implementation of motion technology with modern warfare 3, a family friend who works at the same brokerage firm that linked microsoft with developers of what would become the kinect technology dropped a couple interesting tidbits of information my way....

spoilers below.....

map pack 2 is currently in beta stages and testing quite well. included will be new zombie map "Episode III: A New Pope"

set in a digital reconstruction of the vatican upon the holodeck of the USS Enterprise, the ship itself locked in a tractor beam inching towards the ominous Death Star which is in orbit remaining stealth in the shadowed underside of Planet Melmac's 2nd moon.... Paris Hilton, Laura Palmer, John Lennon, and disgraced NFL place-kicker Scott Norwood- 4 new additions to the sprawling storyline continue to fight a relentless hoard of zombified production assistants transporting wave after wave from a yet to be revealed mystery machine (supposedly located in the distant past disguised as a prop for Uwe Boll's film adaptation of House of the Dead)

don't kill the messenger guys.... but you heard it here first....

*Nonsensical Spam*

Freakin' LOLED!

Anyways, back on topic, I'm hoping it will be Area 51 as well. The good thing about the mystery surrounding Area 51 is 3arc can do anything they want with the map basically. That would be what makes it fun. it could also hook into the Zombies story line. Like they jumped into a Gersch Device and ended up teleporting to Area 51 where there was a teleporter portal opened after zombies over ran it because the 115 they had contained at the base turned everyone.

Who knows, maybe you can help someone escape in an SR-71.....

Oh, and who thinks that they should make cutscenes showing hey they go from level-to-level.

*Nonsensical Spam*

Freakin' LOLED!

Anyways, back on topic, I'm hoping it will be Area 51 as well. The good thing about the mystery surrounding Area 51 is 3arc can do anything they want with the map basically. That would be what makes it fun. it could also hook into the Zombies story line. Like they jumped into a Gersch Device and ended up teleporting to Area 51 where there was a teleporter portal opened after zombies over ran it because the 115 they had contained at the base turned everyone.

Who knows, maybe you can help someone escape in an SR-71.....

Oh, and who thinks that they should make cutscenes showing hey they go from level-to-level.

The reasons for area-51 have been held up by der riese and other such radio devices, as well as maps, since w@w. Though they already have done an american map in five, it was out of the blue, and was more or less a fun little mini-game of zombies not in flow with our storyline. Kino lead to ascension, which could in fact, lead anywhere. It's just a fact that area-51 was mentioned multiple times, leading us to there.

And for all we know, area-51 could be a more extensive map than we thought, maybe with some epic easter eggs =D