All Campaing Mission Intel Revealed

WhosOnFirst

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job collecting all the intel, and good work linking them individually. I could have but I felt too lazy at the time.

Thanks for the brains on my topic. Brains in return & for your effort.

[brains]

Anyway, getting back to the topic at hand......my personal favorite intel pieces are WMD and Redemption. WMD details a small history (whatever they could find of it, that is) of this "GKM" group. I've been fixated with the whole "GK" thing for months on end, and it's cool to see a slight similarity in the game. For a while, prior to release, we began thinking that "GK" stood for "General Kravchenko", instead of "German Knowledge" or "Geistes Kontrolle". Instead its abbreviation is definitely more subtle in reference, sounding definitely more like a typical corporate name, "Gorki-Korolev", with "Medical" thrown in at the end to denote its industry.

So....GKM is based in Prague. Prague, as we all know, is the capital of the Czech Republic (back in COD:BO's time the name would be "Czechoslovakia"). Now that this is known, I can't help but wonder how a corporation could exist in a communist country, unless perhaps they kept a low profile or were strictly government-tied (Soviet? Who knows)....but then again they have ties to American corporations, two of which are mentioned and were raided as described. The mention of Kravchenko's cousin being involved in a "massacre at Der Riese" is almost enough to make anyone here assume the Campaign is indeed tied to Zombies in some way.....unless they're forgetting about this one.

Redemption's intel is definitely unsettling, though, and it reminds me of that final episode on GTTV on October 31st, how they said that there could be possibilities for DLC related to the Campaign. Until then, if we don't get DLC for Campaign, the intel definitely screams "sequel" on the right side of the image. Shame we can't see Jonathan's last name; a lot of people are saying it's Price, which sounds absurd at first because Captain Price is property of Infinity Ward.....but who knows?

Hey Gross you raise some good points with regards the intel. I will take some time to try and appreciate Treyarchs efforts better.

Do you really think we will see campaing DLC, it would be a brave move on Treys behalf. It might not sell so well, requires more effort to build and in the eyes of consumers will; maybe not be worth the price point due to lack of replay value. However if they did release Campaing DLC I would shurley buy it, as long as it arives before Portal 2 that is :lol:

Given Valve time that could be any time in the next two years.

What I dont quite get is, Clarke was killed in Kowloon. Intel from Interogation room console suggests that Clarkes last known position was Jahanesburg, SA. where he had gone to see his brother.

Redemption Intel suggests that the three muskateers have gone to S.A. against orders possably. Why?

With regards Price, maybe, I dont see why not. Treyarch and IW share some game assets as it is. It would make sence in the long run, the left hand and the right hand both feed the same mouth. :|

I think it's Price. It's gotta be. I'd bet a week's pay.

Several reasons. For one he wouldn't be the first Infinity Ward character Treyarch brought back. That was Major Ingram. Actually no, it was pretty much everyone from the first Call of Duty game's American campaign, but Major Ingram, an Infinity Ward character, was in more Treyarch games than Infinity Ward games.

I mean, if Terminator was licensed to a different movie studio, you don't think they'd bring back robots, time travel and the Connor family?

And two, the name. Listen to the end credits song for Modern Warfare where Griggs specifically calls him Jonathan Price. Not John, Jonathan.

And three, Price talks about how Zakhaev was the first time the government authorized an assassination since WW2, but the hit on Mason, Hudson and Weaver, if you hack the terminal and read peoples' mail, you'll learn that it was an UNSANCTIONED operation, and that...who was it...Richard Kain?...was in hot water with his superiors for ordering it.

The Project Nova Intel really caught my eye.

"Analysis of the rumored "Die Glocke" device (also known as "The Bell") purported to be anything from an anti-gravity propulation system to a time machine. Nothing as yet can be confirmed; however a statement from Agency case officer Chase Rettland details his interrogation of a low-level research assistant who claims he saw a "mirrored device that allowed viewing of images from the past" The subject of interrogation died of unknown causes shortly after providing his statement" (possibly Maxis; 20% Sure :) )

"Move all recovered Wunderwaffe assets [both material and human to US-controlled facilities (Area 51?) for the purpose of research & development ASAP."

Hmm, interesting...

If they make DLC for Campaign, it ought to encompass the whole "Operation Charybdis" assignment that the final intel in COD:BO references.

Better yet, given some of the involvements and whatever else in Operation Charybdis, maybe it's better off that it serves as a sequel to Black Ops....and thus have Campaign DLC involve the memories of other characters or something, like what was seemingly hinted in that final episode on GTTV on Halloween day.

Operation Charybdis is set to take place in 1978. It's a joint effort, between the CIA's SAD & UK's MI6, to "remove" Alex Mason, Jason Hudson, and Grigori Weaver. Ryan Jackson proposed Richard Kain (?) of this "burn notice" (the aforementioned operation) because the three targets have been deemed as "threats to national security", especially Mason, due to his mental instability. Though supposedly Mr. Kain doesn't like this idea. But I've not had any time to dabble in the CIA Data System like most of you must have, so I think you guys know more about this than I do.

There are at least two new characters. One of them is Jonathan, whom we all know already. But there is another, a woman.....her name is Kristina. Allegedly the niece of Grigori Weaver, she is a double-agent, working for both the CIA and the GRU. Personally I think it would be interesting to see a female combatant in a COD game. What if you could play as her? :mrgreen:

Alright so, now that I mentioned all this....I guess I have a sort of "change of heart" here. As much as I would love DLC for Campaign, I think that anything pertaining to Operation Charybdis should serve as a fundamental element in the storyline for a possible Black Ops sequel, but only because I feel that Operation Charybdis has a lot of potential that may not all fit into Campaign DLC. But of course, if my suggestion were to be legit, then that means we have to wait for another year or two (or three?) for Black Ops' sequel...