Is anyone else sick of nuketown?

B0UNC3R

Title pretty much says it all. Nuketown is a great map, sure. It's compact, fun to play in, and it's nice and bright (also, double rainbow duuuuuudes). However, it does get boring after the first 50 times playing it IN A ROW. Seriously. It get's boring. Even when launch is up for the grabs, people still vote for previous map (I think it's safe to say that Launch is a pretty awesome map). Or, if no other decent map is up, just select the random option. I just don't understand how people could play this map so many times without playing another map.

Yes you can back out, but it takes a little while to find a game, and I'm not the most patient of people (let's be honest here).

On the upside, I do like this whole new map vote feature (atleast, I think it's new).

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I mistaken, or wasn't there a patch that limited voting options for previously played maps? As in people who voted for it before can't vote for it again?

Good thing they did. If you looked at the "5000+ Points per Minute" people on the SnD leaderboards, they played SnD on Nuketown over and over, going 24-0 every game, thus inflating their rank. Treyarch caught on and stuck that fix in the title update :) YAY Treyarch!

Nuketown is alright; I admit that when I first saw that map on Gamespot's hour-long trailer I was pretty excited. But even I could get tired of playing it over and over again. It's just as well that Treyarch delivered a patch so you can only play maps twice and then have to vote for another map. This pissed a lot of people off, but that's their problem.

I'm mostly willing to do Nuketown as part of Combat Training; I do CT as going solo against a whole team of Hardened bots (for now) on TDM. It gets pretty intense. :?

Nuketown is alright; I admit that when I first saw that map on Gamespot's hour-long trailer I was pretty excited. But even I could get tired of playing it over and over again. It's just as well that Treyarch delivered a patch so you can only play maps twice and then have to vote for another map. This pissed a lot of people off, but that's their problem.

I'm mostly willing to do Nuketown as part of Combat Training; I do CT as going solo against a whole team of Hardened bots (for now) on TDM. It gets pretty intense. :?

Same here! Nuketown is the perfect map for Combat Training :D

And when I get angry with my insane LAGG online (my shoddy internet, not the game), I do this with the bots on Recruit to get my anger out. It's so fun :twisted:

And I'm glad that they added a 2-in-a-row limit. Just proves how much Treyarch CARE, it took them like a day or two to catch on and they instantly fixed it... :D

I get tired of nuketown only when i keep on losing on it...but normally, since i play on demolition, it gets really hectic...I just defend my spawn on offense to make sure nobody spawn camps us, then i spawn camp on defense to get revenge on all the wannabe spawn campers :twisted:. This usually works...just today, i got a game with 95 kills :D amazing game