We know what Nova6 is, but what's GK? *Spoilers*

ccm404e

For those of you who have played the story, we know that Nova 6 is gas invented by the Nazis, but where do the letters GK come into it? I did read a post where someone said it might be the initials of a Russian General. We know it's some sort of company, as the GK Logo on many of the trailers and the live drop proved but is there any other mention of them? Forgive me if it's mentioned in the story mode, but I didn't hear it. So any ideas as to what it is?

Sam

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I truly have no idea what GK means, it maybe a multitude of things or nothing at all. Maybe the way the K is presented within the G might mean something.

On a side note did anyone notice the GK briefcase shown in a photo on the wall in the mission Numbers? In Clarks office space before you climb up the ladder when the Gas cannisters get ruptured.

• 1 month later...

I've been searching online recently for any information concerning GK and I didn't find jack-$h!t......but I do recall that some people here on CODZ have posted images of the GK logo being somewhere in the game, either on a Campaign map or on a Zombies map, though I've never seen the GK logo anywhere in the game with my own eyes.

As for what "GK" means, I have a feeling it's "Gorki-Korolev", short for "Gorki-Korolev Medical", some Czechoslovakian corporation (oxymoron?) that has aided in smuggling in Nova-6 into the American border. GKM, as it's called, is detailed in various Intel pieces you collect from Campaign; deeper information concerning GKM can be found after you collect all the Intel from WMD.

I do have to admit, though, that I was sort of let down in some ways; part of my hype for COD:BO involved figuring out this "GK corporation" or something. It would've felt interesting to have a COD game antagonist be a corporation.....or if it weren't a corporation, maybe they could've been a group, especially considering that the "GK group" are involved in some chain of command documented in the late-July GKNOVA6 Live Drop.

But I try to hold on to hope; I hope they expand upon GK, GKM, whatever you want to call it....even if they expand upon it in Zombies and nowhere else (still hopefully about Campaign DLC...).

"From a part we may judge of the whole. MKULTRA. Bluebird. Artichoke. The past, the truth. Blome

Brought the evil. Someone hid it. God vs god. Believe in the Welteis and the

dead start walking. Power. German knowledge. Beware of the Black Sun.

Search the truth. It is still there. Son of the HUD. Four letters. Building

87. Clean the world in a manner which is honorable."

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paul1995/4 ... 610495490/

or General Kravchenko

I will post up more on GK later from what we know.

The intel in the game may provide some tips on the group (or person) and their plans. I'm almost 95% sure that the campaign is in some way connected to zombies now BTW