Black Ops subscription worries.

DEMON xMYQx

Well first I want to note that this was from CovertGunman, not my find. He tweeted

The reason I brought this whole subscription thing is because of this article here

Now, I have the url here - http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/08/02/analyst-subscription-plans-possibly-coming-for-call-of-duty-and-starcraft-ii.aspx that was included in the tweet. We all know Activision is now in it for the money. They know Black Ops is already raising the bar on pre-orders. So they're probably thinking, "how can we make more money?". So my main concern now is that of what if Activision does introduce a subscription service? What then? I know one thing, I would not be buying any more CoD games for their MP. It's interesting what money can do to people, isn't it?

And again all credit for links/tweets is due to CovertGunman. I love you Covy.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

JD_2020 confirmed that in July. That was 4 months from release. They were still tweaking the game. I don't know, Activision is unpredictable, but you're right. The Sledgehammer games CoD for 2011 is a bigger worry.

JD and 402 confirmed that they were not planning to make Black Ops and/or MW2 Subscription based.

This article is pretty old I would guess, since Starcraft 2 is already out and there are no Subscriptions for it (I think there is in the UK, or something like that.. I can't remember, but for the majority, there are no subscriptions.

Yes, I agree that Activision is unpredictable, but they're not stupid (For some part, at least) they know if they made CoD Subscription based, they'd lose almost ALL of their fanbase.

People keep failing to realize, especially on Xbox 360, that We Already Pay To Play, we pay $20 for 3 Month Play Time or $50 for a Year Of Play Time. So why would you pay for Xbox LIVE which allows you to play online for all games then pay more to play a specific game online? That's dumb. Anyone who believes these rumors is obviously... hey look the word Gullible is spelled in the first post.

im not going to lie, for a game like black ops, i would pay for subscription, The only reason why i would pay for subscription, is they would almost HAVE to release updates more, and more content, and knowing treyarch they'd probably love to release content all the time, but if there wasnt many updates and/or content then no, i wouldnt pay BUT for games like MW2 no way. I wouldnt pay for it. Not even a thought of doing so.

so what about if it was a subsription service of say $5 per month but over the 12 months you got 3 or 4 free map packs? Is that better or worse than you get now? Over a short period it's the same I guess it's only when you get into the second year that it costs you more and you know what? People don't generally play games for more than a year with a few (*cough*zombies*cough*) exceptions.

Not that that is what I want, I'm just saying that it's not a huge step in cost from where we are if you have bought all the map packs. And it forces everyone on MP to pay the extra, not just those who choose the map packs.