New community project: help a newb learn some'n.

All right, look. I got a stack of games taller than myself. I have every Call of Duty game except for United Offensive (but only because it's for the PC and my PC is crap,) WAW DS and MW2 DS. I might pre-order Black Ops just to get the poster if it's still available. I'm a dedicated fan but just simply have not got into multiplayer. But look, going around playing deathmatch, pwning my friends is one thing. It's cool but I can live without it. One thing I can not stand for though is letting a good story campaign go to waste and the co-op mode has just been sitting there. Back in the day, Half-Life Decay got co-op absolutely right. If you didn't have two players, you could just switch character, and the other protagonist would stay where she was and hold her ground. Unfortunately some game developers seem to have forgotten certain basics, like a co-op campaign that can be played solo without hurting the experience (hell, making it better, what with the absence of someone who talks a lot so you can't hear the characters) and require the games to be played at least in split-screen mode. Oh well, no biggie, I can switch controllers. That ain't the problem. I'll tell you what the problem is.

I got WAW. I got Final Fronts for the PS2 and am getting WAW DS in the next week or so. But I want to get into Nazi Zombies. And seeing as this is THE Call of Duty Zombie forum, I figure this should be the best place to ask. Now, I'm gonna go hook up to the internet and download Verruckt, Shi No Numa and Der Reise and play them and all that. But first I wanted to play some of the regular campaign in co-op mode, just to get a feel for how everything works. I got a regular controller and a wireless. I signed in, hit play, got to main menu, went to co-op, default settings, first level, want to jump straight in to the action and I get this error.

"At least two players must be signed in at the lobby."

Okay, I have two gamertags or whatever the crap those stupid little cartoon characters are called, ChrisMathers and Chris3501. I think I'm only able to have one of those signed in at a time, or if I sign into the other one, it automatically signs the other one out or something. I don't know. I don't even know where the hell the lobby is. Is it the 360 dashboard they're talking about? Or something else?

My question is this: Where do I find this "lobby" the error message speaks of?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bless you cotton socks

I play ps3 ... The "lobby" in where you are directed before you play your game... Players meet in the lobby ( no trick name.. Like a hotel lobby !)

in order for you to 2player co op online your'll have join a lobby and invite a friend.. Or wait for ages for someone to join you... Good luck with the latter as no one plays campaign online. Either zombies or multiplayer.. Your best bet is to make a post within the team mate finder section and arrange with someone a "playdate"!

Yeah but that's just it, I DON'T want to play online, I just want to play split-screen co-op. I have more than one controller and I have more than one profile on my hard drive. That SHOULD be enough. But since I have to go through this lobby, how do I get to the lobby? Surely if it's where you're directed before you play the game it wouldn't give me an error message that says I need 2 players signed in, it would take me to the actual lobby where I CAN sign in. Thanks for the advice but I still just don't get it.

So you wanna know where the Lobby is to play Split Screen Co-op?

To my knowledge you would select Multiplayer, then Split Screen, then where it says Mission Select you make sure Co-op Campaign is the selected option. Then you can choose which ever mission you and your friend wanna do.

To my knowledge you would select Multiplayer, then Split Screen, then where it says Mission Select you make sure Co-op Campaign is the selected option. Then you can choose which ever mission you and your friend wanna do.

it's not in multiplayer, it's in Co-operative campaign, then split-screen, then you choose mission and play. you have to have two controllers, one signed into both of your accounts, let me ask this though, are you playing by yourself? or with another person? cause it sounds like you're saying just by yourself. if so just go to the campaign solo, if not then like I said, you're going to need 2 controllers, the lobby it's speaking of is where you are right now, in the split-screen lobby, you don't need to worry about that.

it's not in multiplayer, it's in Co-operative campaign, then split-screen, then you choose mission and play. you have to have two controllers, one signed into both of your accounts, let me ask this though, are you playing by yourself? or with another person? cause it sounds like you're saying just by yourself. if so just go to the campaign solo, if not then like I said, you're going to need 2 controllers, the lobby it's speaking of is where you are right now, in the split-screen lobby, you don't need to worry about that.

Oops, my bad. Thanks for correcting me. Always get 'em mixed up lol ;)

Aight, thanks guys. I'll try this tomorrow assuming I'm not too busy, see if it works, and get back to you. I'd do it right now but unfortunately I'm losing consciousness from lack of sleep, plus in the meantime I've started playing Final Fronts and wanna get that out of the way. I've been playing the whole Call of Duty series marathon style, Treyarch games, expansion packs, portables and all. Been gearin' up for Black Ops. Just kinda hung up at the moment is all.

Good night.

• 3 weeks later...

All right, well, it's been a while, but I'm back. Work, car maintenance, taking care of this family of stray cats that decided to just show up one day, drugs and alcohol, reasons, excuses, etc. So it turned out I was in the lobby the whole time. All I had to do was confirm ready with the other controller. Don't know why I didn't catch such a stupid mistake the first time but there it is. Played through the first level. Seems all right, I just wish the co-op campaign was more original than playing as two guys named Miller. Otherwise it was pretty good.

Because I'm not on XBL at the moment. I only use the service to download content anyway. It probably would be easier when I'm on my own, but I'd rather, if I got stuck with a Leeroy Jenkins or a "get me some motherf*ckin' chocolate milk" kind of player, to be able to bitchslap him upside the face with the controller.

Even better, I'd like my co-op partners to just be AI NPCs but WAW just doesn't support that for some reason. IMO all co-op games should have that option. It's not that I'm some friendless anti-social shut-in but none of my friends have half as many games and gaming experience as I do. Except Zeke. But he don't even have a 360.

Well, this is just great. I went and downloaded the Map Pack Bundle. It said it had all three zombie levels. So where are my zombie levels?

Main menu. Co-op. Split-screen. Game Mode: Nazi Zombies. At this point, and forgive me for all-capping, but SHOULDN'T THERE BE FOUR LEVELS? NOT JUST THE FIRST ONE? Seriously, what the fuck? I pay electronic money with a plastic card that entitles me to own a fluctuating number of worthless banknotes I work my ass off washing dishes for and the damn thing doesn't even give me what I already paid for? I know, I know, I'll stop. I'll try and figure this crap out and I probably will by the time anyone gets back to me but in the meantime any help would be appreciated.

Well, this is just great. I went and downloaded the Map Pack Bundle. It said it had all three zombie levels. So where are my zombie levels?

Main menu. Co-op. Split-screen. Game Mode: Nazi Zombies. At this point, and forgive me for all-capping, but SHOULDN'T THERE BE FOUR LEVELS? NOT JUST THE FIRST ONE? Seriously, what the fuck? I pay electronic money with a plastic card that entitles me to own a fluctuating number of worthless banknotes I work my ass off washing dishes for and the damn thing doesn't even give me what I already paid for? I know, I know, I'll stop. I'll try and figure this crap out and I probably will by the time anyone gets back to me but in the meantime any help would be appreciated.

After you downloaded them did you install them?