Jump to content
Difintel

The storyline explained

Recommended Posts

Difintel    6

After Origins, the goal of Richtofen etc is to find the childrens (Sam and Eddy from the ending of Origins), but they also have to fight the obscures forces wich want to accelerate de destruction of the parallels worlds (Apothicon, Shadowman etc). Because of all the paradoxes caused by Richtofen etc, several dimensional rifts have been open (that's why there is the MotD's plane in the roof of The Giant), or Maxi's plan in the ending of Origins was to open several dimensional rifts for let's come the heroes of his childrens, either one or the other rason, Samantha has been "corupted" by some obscures forces, and she is missing, she has been captured by those forces.

Now, we have two oposites sides which fight one against the other : The Good forces (SoE's keepers, Origin's keepers, templar, Richtofen, Archon, and maybe also Vril-Ya) and The Ancient God (which are the Great Old Ones, and the Elder Gods, of Lovecraft's litteratury, like Apothicon, Cthulhu, Shadowman etc), this fight is represented in the PaP room in SoE, on the wall which we can walk on, there is a picture on this wall, which represent the two sides.

Richtofen seems to follow the Maxi's plan, which want to find Sam and Eddie, that's why he "steal" the summoning key, which is the most powerful artefact of all the dimension. He also make some research on Pohnpei, Stalingrad, and Der Einsendrachen, those places seem like very important for him, he also make some research by the pseudonym of "Mr. Rat", and those places are mentionning in his diary, so maybe in the future, we will go in this places.

That's all I know, if you want some proof of what I say, just ask and I will answer you as soon as possible, for me it's the best theory. Sorry if my english is bad, i'm french

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Tac    462

I'd like to hear a little more about you saying Dr. Richtofen is Mr. Rapt, because I've heard this before and while I love the idea, I have a few questions.

In the telephone calls, there's one individual who is in all of them, and it's assumed to be Mr. Rapt.  We assume this because in the calls, the journalist says he's given Mr. Rapt the contact information for those relevant.  Since the man in the phone call is not Dr. Richtofen, how do you reconcile the general belief that the individual is Mr. Rapt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Difintel    6

For me there is two possibility :

First : Mr.Rapt is Richtofen, and he tell to the journalist to "spy" the keepers, for know who they are etc...

Second : Mr.Rapt is... The Shadowman ! In fact, in the French Version of the game, the guy who talk on all the radio, is the Shadowman (he has got exactly the same voice), so we can assume that the Shadowman (Mr.Rapt) ask the contact information (telephone number etc), and after that, he pushed each characters to commit murder, because yes, it's because of him that each characters has committed a murder (the guy ask to the Jacky's partner to say if he is corrupt etc), that's also why they are "cursed", because they all have committed a murder for the Shadowman.

If Mr.Rapt is the Shadowman (which is clearly possible), we also know that he is also interested in the same locations as Richtofen (in the Richtofen's journal, he mentionned Pohnpei, and Stalingrad, and Mr. Rapt has already send his own journalist in those locations for search some artefacts)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Guest   
Guest
6 hours ago, Difntel said:

For me there is two possibility :

First : Mr.Rapt is Richtofen, and he tell to the journalist to "spy" the keepers, for know who they are etc...

Second : Mr.Rapt is... The Shadowman ! In fact, in the French Version of the game, the guy who talk on all the radio, is the Shadowman (he has got exactly the same voice), so we can assume that the Shadowman (Mr.Rapt) ask the contact information (telephone number etc), and after that, he pushed each characters to commit murder, because yes, it's because of him that each characters has committed a murder (the guy ask to the Jacky's partner to say if he is corrupt etc), that's also why they are "cursed", because they all have committed a murder for the Shadowman.

If Mr.Rapt is the Shadowman (which is clearly possible), we also know that he is also interested in the same locations as Richtofen (in the Richtofen's journal, he mentionned Pohnpei, and Stalingrad, and Mr. Rapt has already send his own journalist in those locations for search some artefacts)

 

I thought it was well known that he was the Shadowman?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Difintel    6

Now, when I think about it, I think it's obviously the Shadowman, but it's weird that in the Richtofen's journal there are exactly the same location as Mr. Rapt talk about...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Tac    462

It's certainly possible that Mr. Rapt is the Shadow Man, but I've yet to hear a compelling argument making that case, that's why I didn't bring it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest   
Guest
20 hours ago, Tac said:

It's certainly possible that Mr. Rapt is the Shadow Man, but I've yet to hear a compelling argument making that case, that's why I didn't bring it up.

He definitely is. He orchestrated the bad things that happened too everybody and caused them too be cursed. @PINNAZ had a good explanation for it I think.

 

4 hours ago, Difntel said:

Did you know that the Shadowman was the representation of Nyarlathotep ?

Also yeah he is most likely based off of that guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tac    462
44 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

He definitely is. He orchestrated the bad things that happened too everybody and caused them too be cursed. @PINNAZ had a good explanation for it I think.

I will definitely be waiting then haha, because like I said, I have yet to hear a good explanation and I'm convinced that one doesn't really exist.  We don't know enough about either character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest   
Guest

The one I heard was an easy enough explanation and makes sense. If you just listen to the phone call it clicks together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Difintel    6

I think that if the characters are cursed, is because they all have committed a murder caused by the Shadowman, so they considere the 4 characters like Apothican's servitor, it's complicate to explain...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Tac    462
6 hours ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

The one I heard was an easy enough explanation and makes sense. If you just listen to the phone call it clicks together.

Haha I've certainly listened plenty, scripted them even, but like I said I wasn't convinced.

3 hours ago, Difntel said:

I think that if the characters are cursed, is because they all have committed a murder caused by the Shadowman, so they considere the 4 characters like Apothican's servitor, it's complicate to explain...

This seems to be a common idea, but it isn't actually correct.  The man in the telephone calls didn't cause these people to murder, and there was no manipulation by him to make them do these acts.  One could make the case that Nero and maybe Floyd did what they did because of the man in the call, but certainly not Jack or Jessica.  To say the man in the call influenced their decision on killing someone would require introducing evidence that doesn't exist.  Here's an example:

Jack found out that the mayor was cracking down on corruption and killed his snitch, *then* the man in the phone call asked his partner questions, and *then* Jack's partner called him to tell him someone came by.  The pre-ritual incident (where the man in call intervenes) was *after* he killed his snitch, not before.  We know this because, first, one could interpret the newspaper scene as meaning he found out via the newspaper.  Second, Jack never received the call from his partner, meaning he didn't know the man in the call was even relevant, meaning he had no influence on Jack to commit his murder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest   
Guest
13 minutes ago, Tac said:

Haha I've certainly listened plenty, scripted them even, but like I said I wasn't convinced.

This seems to be a common idea, but it isn't actually correct.  The man in the telephone calls didn't cause these people to murder, and there was no manipulation by him to make them do these acts.  One could make the case that Nero and maybe Floyd did what they did because of the man in the call, but certainly not Jack or Jessica.  To say the man in the call influenced their decision on killing someone would require introducing evidence that doesn't exist.  Here's an example:

Jack found out that the mayor was cracking down on corruption and killed his snitch, *then* the man in the phone call asked his partner questions, and *then* Jack's partner called him to tell him someone came by.  The pre-ritual incident (where the man in call intervenes) was *after* he killed his snitch, not before.  We know this because, first, one could interpret the newspaper scene as meaning he found out via the newspaper.  Second, Jack never received the call from his partner, meaning he didn't know the man in the call was even relevant, meaning he had no influence on Jack to commit his murder.

 

Actually it all comes down to the man in the calls and the Shadowman. It goes like this: Rapt/Rat/Shadowman gets the reporter to find out stuff about the characters, he manipulates their lives to go badly, this then leads to the characters taking the drastic action of murder. Also theirs the phone calls that incriminate the others they know, so they perform the rituals with them, to get another phone call and find out these characters would have been able to do something that would have meant the characters lives would be fine and they did not need to murder.

 

The Shadowman orchestrated all of this so that these characters would commit a sin and be cursed. Then he also made them sacrifice those who wished to help them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tac    462
3 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

 

Actually it all comes down to the man in the calls and the Shadowman. It goes like this: Rapt/Rat/Shadowman gets the reporter to find out stuff about the characters, he manipulates their lives to go badly, this then leads to the characters taking the drastic action of murder. Also theirs the phone calls that incriminate the others they know, so they perform the rituals with them, to get another phone call and find out these characters would have been able to do something that would have meant the characters lives would be fine and they did not need to murder.

 

The Shadowman orchestrated all of this so that these characters would commit a sin and be cursed. Then he also made them sacrifice those who wished to help them.

But you're introducing a lot of non-existent evidence when you say that.  You're suggesting that the man in the calls somehow got Jack to kill his snitch, when there's nothing to show this (and evidence that may actually contrast it).  You're making large, relatively unfounded assumptions by saying this is the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest   
Guest
1 hour ago, Tac said:

But you're introducing a lot of non-existent evidence when you say that.  You're suggesting that the man in the calls somehow got Jack to kill his snitch, when there's nothing to show this (and evidence that may actually contrast it).  You're making large, relatively unfounded assumptions by saying this is the case.

No thats all I remember from the theory, its not assumptions there is proof for it but as I said its with whoever came up with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tac    462
15 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

No thats all I remember from the theory, its not assumptions there is proof for it but as I said its with whoever came up with it.

If you care, here's a conversation I've been having on Reddit all day over this exact topic (it's the second conversation down). This goes through my reasoning pretty well and shows why I think this theory is incorrect.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CODZombies/comments/3xl974/is_soe_actually_hell/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest   
Guest
1 minute ago, Tac said:

If you care, here's a conversation I've been having on Reddit all day over this exact topic (it's the second conversation down). This goes through my reasoning pretty well and shows why I think this theory is incorrect.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CODZombies/comments/3xl974/is_soe_actually_hell/

In this theory their was evidence for it though. I might go and try to find it in a minute after I have finished writing something, it takes a lot to convince me of a theory but it made so much sense. Gimme a few minutes and I will edit this post with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Difintel    6

It's exactly that, the Shadowman has orchestred all, and it's because of him that they have committed sin and they are cursed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Tac    462
5 hours ago, Difntel said:

It's exactly that, the Shadowman has orchestred all, and it's because of him that they have committed sin and they are cursed

As I said above, there's no evidence to suggest that it happened that way.  To say it did means you're introducing ideas that are entirely unfounded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Difintel    6

I play in VF, and in our version, it's totaly founded, I don't know how to explain it, but the Shadowman it's totaly responsable of the murder of each characters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

How the zombies started was Dr. Ricktofien want to have the power of mind control. In order to do that he tried accessing the the minds of dead bodies. Dr Maxis Disagrees he said it would be easier to access their minds when they are still alive. So in conclusion dr. Ricktofien is the one who started the zombie apocolypes, but it was an accedent. Many people think maxis is the good guy, but that is wrong. he wanted to blow up the earth just to save samantha. In buried you get the choice of listining to maxis or ricktofin. if you chose maxis he will try to kill you and turn ricktofin into a zombie. if you chose ricktofin he kills maxsis gains control of the zombies and help out russman marltin misty and stewlinger :414::414::414::414::414::414::414::414:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×