From Grid to Green Run

anonymous

• Moderators

All Black Ops 1 multiplayer players know it: The map Grid. The pretty grey, simple and depressing, but nice map. Such simple yet great maps are scarce these days.

images.jpg

With Nuketown we were given the information that we shouldn't consider everything multiplayer related as non-canon. In fact, there is more connected with the campaign and zombies than you might think.

Grid takes place in Pripyat, a city created to serve the nearby Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant. It was a green, clean and peacefull city, and was therefore a model town for the rest of the Sovjet Union. At its peak, just before the incident, Pripyat had almost 50.000, mostly young, inhabitants. The place housed many scientists and workers for in Chernobyl. But the Nuclear Power Plant was not the only technological Sovjet station in that area.

images3LGTUMRN.jpg

Duga was a Soviet over-the-horizon (OTH) radar system used as part of the Soviet ABM early-warning network. The system operated from July 1976 to December 1989. Two Duga's were deployed, one in Siberia and one near Chernobyl. The Duga systems were extremely powerful and broadcast in the shortwave radio bands. They appeared without warning, sounding like a sharp, repetitive tapping noise, which led to it being nicknamed by shortwave listeners the Russian Woodpecker. The random frequency hops resulted in thousands of complaints by many countries worldwide.

300px-Woodpecker_array.jpg

These unclaimed signals were the reason why people began to think about the purpose of the Duga. There have been theories that it were Sovjet mind-control and weather-control experiments, much like Group 601's and the H.A.A.R.P. You probably have heard about the H.A.A.R.P., and its connection with the Zombie story, as well with Green Run and Broken Arrow. Green Run was, how I think it could be called, the US's earlier, smaller and less harmfull version of the Chernobyl incident. The Nuclear base in Hanford Site poluted the area around it with radioactive products.

images5SRILUC1.jpg

As a last thing, in both TranZit and Grid, one can see a certain signs, saying something about "Warning", "Radiation" and "Pripyat"….in Russian. In both maps appear nuclear bunkers. Coincidence? I think Grid and TranZit have something in common. Are connected in some way. Two Nuclear Power Plants where something bad happened, secret underground bunkers, two references to OTH's that might have something to do with mind control, two locations with Russian signs about Radiation.

DUGA_Radar_Array_near_Chernobyl,_Ukraine_2014.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Interesting connection! While re-used assets are the bane of any Zombie theorist's existence, there's no secret that whatever operation was being managed at the Hanford Site experiemented with radiation, hence why the area is so deserted and filled with signs of nuclear events. I believe that same grid can be found deep in the fog on the way to the power station, if you look where the derailed train is (use no-fog trick in Theater Mode to see what I'm talking about).

Also, some of the zombies have shock collars on yet there isn't a mental ward or health facility anywhere in Green Run. Signs of experimentation done on some of the inhabitants? I say yes.

• Moderators
21 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

I believe that same grid can be found deep in the fog on the way to the power station, if you look where the derailed train is (use no-fog trick in Theater Mode to see what I'm talking about).

wp_ss_20170309_0004.png

You mean this. While I don't think it looks like a OTH system (such as Duga and HAARP), I still think its interesting and relevant to TranZit's backstory. In fact, this was the thing that made me creating an account on this site, resulting with the knowledge about the story, learning English, learning theorizing/discussing in a certain way, learning to look like a certain way to things (games, movies, books,...) and being part of an online community. I love that structure. Has anyone an idea what Exacly it is?

And its so strange that it can't be seen in-game, because of the fog. The fog seems to be even more tight near this structure/the power plant than on other places on the map. So why does Treyarch make this? Its not for the map layout, because you can't see it.

And another interesting thing, near the bus depot, one can see a poster with a Electricity Tower on it (simular to the Pylon, and simular to a part of an OTH), with the word "POWER" under it. How is the word meant here? Power, like electricity? Or power, like ultimate power? Mind control. Weather control. Admospheric control.

Archived