The Infamous "Black Dot" Lamp in the "Ruby-Rabbit"

2 hours ago, Floryzzz said:

There are similar orbs as lamps in the rift.

Ever noticed how some off them are on and others are off. I think this isn't because they wanted to put broken lights in the game 

I agree. I know we're missing something, I don't even think it anymore. Have you ever payed attention to how many lamps, lights, and light bulbs there are in the "Ruby Rabbit".

I still feel like we need to decode what those bulbs are saying, at the "Entrance" to the "Ruby Rabbit" at the top of the stairs before you enter. I believe it's 16 bulbs. There's also a set, in the Footlight District, where the giant "Eagle" statue is, straight ahead of entering the "City".

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Ragdo11706 said:

I agree. I know we're missing something, I don't even think it anymore. Have you ever payed attention to how many lamps, lights, and light bulbs there are in the "Ruby Rabbit".

I still feel like we need to decode what those bulbs are saying, at the "Entrance" to the "Ruby Rabbit" at the top of the stairs before you enter. I believe it's 16 bulbs. There's also a set, in the Footlight District, where the giant "Eagle" statue is, straight ahead of entering the "City".

step 1 find out if any of the lights change before and after the currently known easter egg steps. 

step 2  if there's 16 lights and they blink seemingly random 16 bit to ASCII converter it is

31 minutes ago, 83457 said:

On 360, black lace has 30 bulbs at entrance.

I often think there is Morse code or similar in the windows of the whole map. I keep watching for different ones to be lit. Nothing so far that I've seen.

Not the "Black Lace Burlesque" but the Wool something or another, straight ahead when you enter the "City" section of Footlight. Where the Giant Eagle statue is. The bulbs here are very, very similar to that of the "Ruby Rabbit". 

I do agree, about Morse Code being every F*****g where on Shadows.

6 hours ago, Dr.Z said:

Just found an interesting bit that a different thread took me to. It was a post made a month ago, and someone claimed to have entered the coordinates for master pods in and the "ruby rabbit black dot lamp" is one of them. 

Yea right there at that "Bowed" out glass window the "Master Pod" spawns. I know @83457 could assist you, if you would in fact like to see them.

3 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

Yea right there at that "Bowed" out glass window the "Master Pod" spawns. I know @83457 could assist you, if you would in fact like to see them.

I thought it was by the bay window, but looking at that picture, it's off to the side, where the lamp is.

The pics are around here somewhere...

6 minutes ago, 83457 said:

I thought it was by the bay window, but looking at that picture, it's off to the side, where the lamp is.

The pics are around here somewhere...

Yea, it is. I just said "Bowed Out" because it protrudes outwards. I should've said "Bay Window" as this makes more sense.

4 minutes ago, Ragdo11706 said:

Yea, it is. I just said "Bowed Out" because it protrudes outwards. I should've said "Bay Window" as this makes more sense.

I perfectly understood 'bowed out', ha.

I didn't mean that, i simply mentioned that the bowed (bay) window wasn't exactly correct as far as location of the pod goes. The pod's off to the side, when i originally thought it spawned in the bowed area, centered.

That's all, sorry for any confusion.

3 hours ago, 83457 said:

I perfectly understood 'bowed out', ha.

I didn't mean that, i simply mentioned that the bowed (bay) window wasn't exactly correct as far as location of the pod goes. The pod's off to the side, when i originally thought it spawned in the bowed area, centered.

That's all, sorry for any confusion.

Wait, it dont spawn in the Center of the bay window. We are talking about the "Master Pod" right.

5 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

Ahh, ok gotcha. Wasn't it missing the base as well.

Yes. The textures that i showed were the unfinished texture, so it looks like the 'plague pods' were taken directly from Extinction (ghosts). But there is completed versions, where the middle of the pod looks like a walnut, but red, and it has tentacles as a base.

Every pod in RR is floating, because the base isn't shown in my pics.

That may be a clue: that the plague pods were updated only at RR, so they floated in the pic i have, because they should be on a base. Whereas in the other locations, the pods didn't float, maybe because they hadn't actually been used in game. Only the RR one got used for getting the master pod or something. It's a fair guess, but just a guess.

Edited by 83457
Base, not bad

Yea I've seen images of both. Too me it appears that the Center of the unopened Plague Pods, appear to the exact same as the normal Pods we have now. These are just an evolved form, if you will. The base is the exact same, as well as the Center.

My guess is we would have to place the Arch-Ovum inside or these 're what the other 3 parts come from. Then once we've, acquired all 3 parts, built the second form, of the "Apothicon Servant" and received that "Upgrade_Ready" Quote. Then the Master Pod would spawn, allowing the Upgrade of the second form.

See this is why I say the RealDf is full of shit, as far as not being able to upgrade it NOW. He's failing to realize we can actually FAIL. Meaning we've gotten past a certain point and can no longer achieve the Upgrade. He even stated himself that the Coding in the game is more complete for this than any other Coding pertaining to any other EE/Side Quest, even the main one if in not mistaking. Not too mention the "Upgrade_Ready_0" Quote has been in the game since launch. Not added in a fucking update, that's beside the point.

On the lamp: i saw a video earlier on there being a light, in each ritual area that dims as you get further away. Next gen only.

The RR black dot lamp is one. (This one required the furthest distance).

BL, floor lights as you enter the BL. Seen from entrance.

The Anvil, red desk lamp by Noire pics. Seen from doorway above the BK wallbuy.

13 hours ago, 83457 said:

On the lamp: i saw a video earlier on there being a light, in each ritual area that dims as you get further away. Next gen only.

The RR black dot lamp is one. (This one required the furthest distance).

BL, floor lights as you enter the BL. Seen from entrance.

The Anvil, red desk lamp by Noire pics. Seen from doorway above the BK wallbuy.

Neros is the lamp beside the Bookcase close to the Mannequin Head with the Top Hat. 

There's also one in the Rift that does this, beside the Fuse Box for the Civil Protector. To the right inside that window, there are a pile of bones, the light here does this as well.