Character Relationships

I hope they go back to set colors actually, I mean it's not a big deal or anything but I was somewhat disappointed by that when BO2 came out and especially when Origins came out that even the O4 didn't have set colors anymore.

As for the SoE4, I would agree with the above placement. Especially with Vincent cracking that joke about his wife in the reveal trailer, he seems very Nikolai-ish to me. He probably drinks too.

In the opening, it's floyd and nero that drink. 

There's a brief but clear shot of Vincent holding a glass too. Though I would assume most people who go to a bar/dance club after committing murder would probably have a drink or two.

He has a drink but him and Jessica both inhale smoke that makes them fall asleep.

I'm not arguing that, I'm just saying that he did have a drink on hand and that he could possibly be an alcoholic considering the business he's in. I was just trying to fit him into the Treyarch zombies character archetype.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never really see anybody talk about this when a new map is coming out. Usually the way characters interact with each other in a map says a lot about who they are and really makes the characters a group. I have seen a lot of people theorizing on what the characters will be like, but not their relationship with other characters.

For example, I believe that Vincent will not particularly get on with any character and will just be annoyed about the situation he is in. I think he will mostly like Campbell out of any character, then find Nero irritating and finally he may drastically hate Jessica just simply based off of her personality. But for all I know they could be good friends in the map and Vincent could hate Campbell. This is kind of what I like to think about, how characters view each other. Origins does it really well because they actually learn that they need to work together to accomplish their goals so it makes for good character evolution, especially knowing their future.

this is likely the most perceptive thing I've read on this site thus far.

Let's put it this way (and it has been hinted at in ads)

Not just how the characters relate to characters in this map, but in others as well. Let's take the O4. 

In Kino, there are five portraits on the walls in the square room on the seconsecond floor the orde of those portraits are

Richtofen (on the left wall, apart from the others)

Takeo 

Nikolai

Tank

Silouette (with a second portrait of him on the ground)

In one of the adds for SoE, it has pictures of the characters lined up like this:

Magician

Femme Fatale

Detective

Boxer

Shadow Man.

Richtofen - Magician (irritating to detective and Nikolai)

Takeo - Femme Fatale ("I hate you Takeo" as you said, the detective may hate her)

Nikolai - Detective (doesnt really get along with anyone but likes Tank more than the others, which may not be totally obvious, as you said, the detective may like the boxer more than the others)

Tank - Boxer (for reasons already detailed)

Silouette - Shadow Man (it looks like somebody stole the image)

Someone knows who the Shadow Man is, out of the four... But hides what he knows for some reason. I believe it is the detective who knows who the shadow man is.

look at Nero's posters and the posters on the wall in Kino. Let me know if you notice a resemblance.