10 Things I Want in Treyarchs next Chapter

Treyarch will be releasing a their first next generation zombies on the 3 year cycle. My expectation are high and here is a few things I want in their next zombies chapter.

1) Remade Maps w/All EEs

-Basically I want all the maps (or the fan favourites) to return in the next game with all easter eggs and mini easter eggs still in the map. However I do NOT want achievements related to completing these easter eggs. The remade maps should be a fun treat for the player. This should be obvious but they should come with the game and not DLC. Heres a few examples of maps I would want If they could only bring back 5 for example, "Der Reise", "Kino Der Toten", "Mob of the Dead", "Moon" and "Ascension." This of course being my favourites and I could argue Origins into their but we'll leave the opinion discussion for now.

2) Private Match

Yeah, Custom games existed but I wanted a private match with friends that counts to the leader-board without having to rely on the luck of searching for a public match and readying up fast enough to play only with your friend and not a random stranger. Need I explain it further?

3) Solo Easter Eggs

A shorter but just as hard easter egg for solo only, doing it solo/multiplayer would unlock the same Achievement so you wouldn't have to do it online and solo for two different achievements. This helps bring all different kind of zombie players have access to unlocking everything. Me, for example, play solo zombies on a good day I get 30-50 on solo and I can die on round 15-25 online because im not very good at having to go revive players constantly or hording and having another players horde mix up with mine.

4) Ranking System

I want a ranking system to earn my way up, no system has been proved the best but many forums and players have talked about it on this website and an XP based rank system seems to be my favourite solution.

5) Innovative Game modes

Lets be honest, Turned and grief were terrible compared to the idea you got of what they could have been (from trailers) and the lack of different game modes. The point that makes this worse is it is on very few maps too. More modes thats dont effect you rank so you can have fun would be my idea of good side-modes.

6) Bigger range of maps

I want TranZit sized maps (or bigger) to smaller maps. The next generation console allows for bigger maps to be fantastic because Tranzit had the Fog due to console limitations. If the game came with a big main map and a few smaller maps It would give zombies more replay-ability. TranZit was an example of this, You played it and got bored very quickly due to fog and lava and a lot mroe issues. Then you were bored until first DLC came out which you over-played due to lacking a good map. and this continues to the end of the games season and you have got bored of all the maps.

7)  Exciting DLC

All the DLC that have come with zombies (AKA a map) have been generally good maps but we need DLC that excites us, maybe a map + new game mode/weapon/character skins (*will explain this)/Extra stuff or even areas on original maps. These have not been great examples of excited DLC, but you know what i mean, the maps used to be exciting in black ops 1 but know you want more

*** By character skins I mean say the original four character were on the first map, the DLC would come with Their original clothing and character from black ops moon map for example.

8) Unlockable info/secrets

A secrets page and Zombies menu, it has every gun perk zombie type and everything on zombies in there and you unlock them in this page by encountering them in game. You buy all the perks during a game and kill zombies/boss zombies and all the perks and zombies and unlockables are unlocked with descriptions around them. Completing Easter eggs will unlock big story facts.

9) More Easter eggs

Smaller Easter eggs and mini ones like that already have. But what i mean are mini easter eggs like the main ones with steps but a lot easier. This will allow for more opportunity to explore and learn about the map. gives the map more reson to play to find all these steps for smaller easter eggs as well as the big one.

10) A Pause system

Solo zombies is great, I can play pause and grab a snack but when you're online with friends or strangers and you need to do something, wouldn't it be great to do a team pause system at the end of a round. Everyone has to press x to continue to next round. thus you have time between rounds to relax and have a drink or even do some EE steps. This how ever has no limit on solo but has a 2 minute max online incase of trolls.

Anything you disagree with, agree with or have improvements for? Tell me below! 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Number 8 is a great idea, maybe some artwork and developer stuff could be thrown in also. And number 2 was a joke on BO2, having to setup 2 controllers each and backout just before the match started and hoping no randoms would join at the last minute just to play 2 player with a friend on the leaderboards was ridiculous to say the least...

Number 8 is a great idea, maybe some artwork and developer stuff could be thrown in also. And number 2 was a joke on BO2, having to setup 2 controllers each and backout just before the match started and hoping no randoms would join at the last minute just to play 2 player with a friend on the leaderboards was ridiculous to say the least...

I would play zombies a lot more than i do now if private matches counted to leader boards.

Treyarch will be releasing a their first next generation zombies on the 3 year cycle. My expectation are high and here is a few things I want in their next zombies chapter.

1) Remade Maps w/All EEs

-Basically I want all the maps (or the fan favourites) to return in the next game with all easter eggs and mini easter eggs still in the map. However I do NOT want achievements related to completing these easter eggs. The remade maps should be a fun treat for the player. This should be obvious but they should come with the game and not DLC. Heres a few examples of maps I would want If they could only bring back 5 for example, "Der Reise", "Kino Der Toten", "Mob of the Dead", "Moon" and "Ascension." This of course being my favourites and I could argue Origins into their but we'll leave the opinion discussion for now.

That's just not going to happen, too much work, not enough reward. A spin-off separate game like "COD CLASSIC" would be the best chance of us seeing anything THAT. 

2) Private Match

Yeah, Custom games existed but I wanted a private match with friends that counts to the leader-board without having to rely on the luck of searching for a public match and readying up fast enough to play only with your friend and not a random stranger. Need I explain it further?

Yes please. 

3) Solo Easter Eggs

A shorter but just as hard easter egg for solo only, doing it solo/multiplayer would unlock the same Achievement so you wouldn't have to do it online and solo for two different achievements. This helps bring all different kind of zombie players have access to unlocking everything. Me, for example, play solo zombies on a good day I get 30-50 on solo and I can die on round 15-25 online because im not very good at having to go revive players constantly or hording and having another players horde mix up with mine.

Little secret: COD is in bed with Xbox, Xbox wants people to purchase XBL Gold, If all easter eggs were made solo-able, XBLG sales would go down. What's the point, I know I used to get XBLG for that reason only. Otherwise I'd just play an Arkham game, wolfenstein, or one of the many other games that are just as good online or offline. 

4) Ranking System

I want a ranking system to earn my way up, no system has been proved the best but many forums and players have talked about it on this website and an XP based rank system seems to be my favourite solution.

XP based system is actually a pretty horrid system for zombies at base. It works in MP because it's always survival of the fittest, in zombies It's Co-op sometimes and VS others. That means an XP system would either be useless, or would make some players OP and other, newer players, weak. The best way IMO is objective based because everyone can complete objectives fairly simply. Where as XP can be effected if better players are involved. 

5) Innovative Game modes

Lets be honest, Turned and grief were terrible compared to the idea you got of what they could have been (from trailers) and the lack of different game modes. The point that makes this worse is it is on very few maps too. More modes thats dont effect you rank so you can have fun would be my idea of good side-modes.

Black ops 2 was a very limited game that used up everything it possibly could have. But thankfully trayarch listens to the community, greif and turned will be improved next time around with some new gamemodes, I promise. 

6) Bigger range of maps

I want TranZit sized maps (or bigger) to smaller maps. The next generation console allows for bigger maps to be fantastic because Tranzit had the Fog due to console limitations. If the game came with a big main map and a few smaller maps It would give zombies more replay-ability. TranZit was an example of this, You played it and got bored very quickly due to fog and lava and a lot mroe issues. Then you were bored until first DLC came out which you over-played due to lacking a good map. and this continues to the end of the games season and you have got bored of all the maps.

Tranzit sized maps are too big IMO, because if you go down, that can be it if you're too far away from QR or other team mates. 

7)  Exciting DLC

All the DLC that have come with zombies (AKA a map) have been generally good maps but we need DLC that excites us, maybe a map + new game mode/weapon/character skins (*will explain this)/Extra stuff or even areas on original maps. These have not been great examples of excited DLC, but you know what i mean, the maps used to be exciting in black ops 1 but know you want more

*** By character skins I mean say the original four character were on the first map, the DLC would come with Their original clothing and character from black ops moon map for example.

If that's the case then you forgot to add *Customizable characters* to this list. The best way to do THAT we've decided is to not be able to change story-mode map characters, but let one's survival/grief/turned character be customizable like MP. 

8) Unlockable info/secrets

A secrets page and Zombies menu, it has every gun perk zombie type and everything on zombies in there and you unlock them in this page by encountering them in game. You buy all the perks during a game and kill zombies/boss zombies and all the perks and zombies and unlockables are unlocked with descriptions around them. Completing Easter eggs will unlock big story facts.

YES! Although I think it'd be more interesting if we implemented a supply-drop-like-system with this, where a drop would appear sometimes with facts on it in any game-mode. Golden drops of this are given upon completing the EE.

9) More Easter eggs

Smaller Easter eggs and mini ones like that already have. But what i mean are mini easter eggs like the main ones with steps but a lot easier. This will allow for more opportunity to explore and learn about the map. gives the map more reson to play to find all these steps for smaller easter eggs as well as the big one.

Im indifferent about this...

10) A Pause system

Solo zombies is great, I can play pause and grab a snack but when you're online with friends or strangers and you need to do something, wouldn't it be great to do a team pause system at the end of a round. Everyone has to press x to continue to next round. thus you have time between rounds to relax and have a drink or even do some EE steps. This how ever has no limit on solo but has a 2 minute max online incase of trolls.

I don't support this. I'd much rather just make it so one can hold a crawler in Co-op mode, even if it's just a build able: Bear trap: Traps a crawler and keeps it from dieing. 

Anything you disagree with, agree with or have improvements for? Tell me below! 

My comments in red. 

-Private match problems- 

=people glitching there way up to the top of the boards in privacy (this could be solved if treyarch actively searched for cheaters via playerchannel)

=isolation of the online community, if private matches counted to leaderboards few players would bother with public matches, thus ruining the longevity and lifespan of the game.

i play 95% public games and ill play with almost anyone who doesnt scream in my ear, that being said there are few players online like myself who are both fairly skilled and willing to gamble with a random team or just teach new comers. so if it were up to me, private matches would work exactly like black ops 2

Well see, that's not true. 

No body is going to be hacking the game early on (on console) even BO2 is still being policed for hacks. And glitching can't be helped in any way without patches. 

As for isolation, Its just as much as a problem now as it will be if we had private matches. You have 1 of 2 scinarios here: 

1- You have no friends available and you either play solo or find people in lobbies you want to play with

2- You have friends and are either forced to play with someone you don't want to or perhaps don't know(This could be good, but typically is a no-mic, squeaker, or jerk-face) , manipulate the team-mate finder so you can get in a 3 player game (which takes forever), or bring in a 4th friend. 

With a private match, we can easily just play the 3 player game! We'll get there regardless, but will take half the time. 

I like the unlockable secrets idea, I think mocking had an idea about that which was pretty cool so maybe if he could link it you might like it? I liked it either way and its the kind of thing that could work in that way.