Classic Der Riese whats your ideal gun set up?

GodOfWarrio

Simple question, what's your ideal guns for this map? solo or co-op and u can go round by round if you want.

Generally for me, first things first I NEED a crossbow. and PAP it as soon as possible. This thing will save your life. You don't even need monkeys although they are a nice luxury but when you get high enough you're going to need to shoot out and arrow just to have enough time to throw a monkey.

Other gun, Has to be an RPK or HK21. Preferably HK21, and buy double tap. Need that power gun for points, amo and damage, and the light gun to run around with. Don't like the splash damage of the ray gun.

but I'm fine just running around with a Galil until I get the HK or RPK. it's good until the early 20's. But once I have the Crossbow and HK I'm set for a while.

I don't usually get Mulekick. eventually in the 30's i'll probably pick up a Ray gun or WW cause the PAP'd HK or RPK just don't do it at that point.

how about you?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For solo play in order.

Round 3 - Thompson.

Rounds 8-15 - keep hitting box until I have Waffe and Ray Gun.

Get Mule Kick.

Buy Thompson.

Strategy is basically stay in the Thompson room until round 40.

Once I get to 40, I'd spend an hour doing the following which sets me up for 100 if I so wish - I do this purely for the points. so I can be lazier later on.

To round 30 takes between 35 minutes and 45 minutes, depending on the box (my record is 33 minutes, world record is 32 minutes).

Der Riese is probably the most fun original map just because of the thompson room.

• Moderators

The first weapon I buy is the Thomson. 

Then I activate PaP asap and get my buddies Mustang and Sally just for fun.

As soon as I hit round 15-18 I usually have enough points to hit the box for a while.

Then I'll trade in the Thomson for the Wunderwaffe.

Afterwards I'll buy Mule Kick and get the Thomson back.

At round 30 or so I'll trade in M&S for the Ray Gun.