The Secret to Survive is Power!

Hello....and welcome Back.....Today I would like to talk about a key component to Zombies which was first introduced to the Game on Verrukt. This Key element is the Power switch. 

Verruct_Power_Switch.jpg

The Power has remained relatively the same since verrukt until Shangri-la. In shangri-la there were 2 switches and instead of just powering up the map it showed us a unique way the power was provided. By taking energy from Water. Although the result was the same we still got to see something new.

Then in Tranzit we had a new quest to turn on the Power. We had to build the Power switch. This is a simple task that takes a minute or so to complete if you know where the parts are. You could also turn off the power if you wished However there were 2 maps that had a New Unique way of turning on the Power. These maps were Motd and Origins

468px-Voltage_meter.bmp.png

Motd used Energy from the Afterlife to Individually power up Perks and Gates. This is the first true deviation from the system all of us were used to at the time. 

Mech_Origins_BOII.jpg

The Final Change we saw in the Power Mechanism was in Origins where the Objective was to Capture the Power stations individually in a Domination like theme. This Power was different because it Erased the Power switch with Large Containers that needed to be filled. this brought us a new challenge. Now instead of the Power staying on we had to capture it all over again if the Agarthan Zombies managed to capture a power station. Thus you needed to turn the power on again.

So with all that said I Would like to see what other ways treyarch could spice things up in future zombie maps. Leave some suggestions and how it would work. Also add some challenges as well.

In my opinion I think the Baghdad Battery would work Nice for a zombies map 

FY6MGAPFNNJYINT.LARGE.jpg

The Baghdad battery is a very old object that is theorized to be some form of Power, Mostly from Alien theorists. Although it has not been proven to have been used in the past. I believe such an Object could make for a very interesting game changer if Introduced to zombies as a functioning Battery.  Of course it wouldn't be able to power an entire map but What if we had to carry a baghdad battery around the map and Place it in Perk machines we wanted to use? Imagine there were only 2 batteries in the Map and you would then have to choose which perks you wanted active at the time. Then when you need to switch another perk machine on you would have to remove the Battery and place it on the new Perk machine. I think this would be challenging and force players to come up with new strategies.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You had my idea with the battery thing but my only addition is....

-Not only two batteries, we want 4 perks for sure and we don't want it repititive. I say make it sorta like the origins things where it takes about 20 seconds to power, you have to defend the battery or portable generator, and then wallah!

A main part of the storyline is focus on the Vril's power source: souls. In Moon we need souls to fill up the MPD. In all of the Richtofen EE's in Black Ops 2 we gave power through dead zombies. In origins souls were need for the Fists of Fury and for parts of the EE. If we take the idea of Generators from Origins and combine it with the soul power source, it could make for an interesting map. (Though it would be annoying, impractical, and only worthwhile on an Agartha related map)