Possession of Two Souls

Hello everyone.  It's been a while since I've had a good post, but I was thinking today and listening to songs and something came to me.  I know what you're thinking:  "Fated got a theory from the songs?  Shocker! (sarcasm)"  Yea yea well this seems interesting in my mind at least.

So as many know, I've advocated in the past that Richtofen is possessed by a demon.  You can see this through the in-game radios where Richtofen seems completely sane, then he touches the MPD and becomes much more insane in the membrane.  More information of this theory can be found in my signature under the post "Is Richtofen Good? Maxis Evil".

And some of you have seen my post entitled "A Tale of Two Samanthas" that suggests that there is more than one Samantha at play in the story, the Samantha that is Maxis' daughter that we meet on Moon and the Samantha that is found in Origins.

But what if Samantha (Maxis' daughter) was also possessed.  What if there were two demons in the MPD?

Let me tell you where I'm seeing this possibility.

So in Carrion, we can see that Richtofen is struggling for power in his own body, and that it's like someone else is in control and he can do nothing about it.  This is the reason he is asking for forgiveness ("Please forgive me now...").  We see a fight between the two continue in "We All Fall Down", but then we hit Mob of the Dead and we are brought Malukah singing.  No longer is this song from the perspective of Richtofen.  It is from the perspective of a woman.  And with the hidden cyper found in the video for the song put on YouTube by Kevin Sherwood, we have deciphered that if one stands still and dies out in Afterlife Mode on Mob of the Dead at the beginning, there is a different ending that points toward the moon.  This little hint toward what the song references helps a lot.  The only woman left on the Moon is Samantha in Richtofen's body.  And from the song, we can see her questioning what death is like since she is stuck on the moon.

"Always Running" provides a perspective that we haven't yet seen though.  It is still Malukah singing, which states that it is Samantha's thoughts.  This song seems very different from from her wonderings of death.  In this song, it seems as though she's not even fully there.  The entire song seems to be Samantha in a half-state of mind.  She doesn't seem fully there.  But it seems intentional that she isn't there as well.  She seems to have hidden herself within her conscious ("In this buried world of consciousness...").  She doesn't want to be totally there.  But why?  "I am running, from something I'm becoming, unstoppable and I'm coming from the something that I'm running from, becoming one..."  What's she becoming?  Is this the same process we saw with Richtofen.  He seemed sane at the beginning, but slowly began to fade into the madman he would become.  Remember that Samantha and Richtofen are the only two people to touch the MPD.  Could there have been two demons inside of it?

Samantha begins to change throughout the song, fighting to stop the possession, but it comes upon her and she can't stop.  She tries to flee, but can't escape.  Then we have Archangel.

Archangel is just a conglomeration of anger and malice spewed out into a song.  The first verse points toward a demon being within Samantha.

In disguise in the skies 

Burns a fire in my eyes

And I'm holding the world in my hands

So contorted and twisted

Condemned and submissive

When they kneel they'll know where I stand yea

This demon is in disguise as Samantha using her as a way to get back into her position of power.  She seems to feel like she has the power and at one point all will kneel before her.

And as you can see in the song, she seems to feel as though she can destroy the planet whenever she gains her complete power back, but for now she waits for the perfect time.

This isn't the Samantha we've known from Black Ops or World at War.  Sure, that Samantha was a trouble maker and tried to stop Richtofen from taking control, but she wasn't talking about bringing the end to all creation.  She just wanted to stop them for her dad.  This has to be the other Samantha.  The demon Samantha.

As I said in "A Tale of Two Samanthas", Samantha (Maxis' daughter) was probably named after the Samantha he met in Origins and became infatuated with.  Richtofen tells us that Maxis has no daughter.  This demon called "Samantha" wants to do something very evil, but has to be released from her imprisonment.  She's been imprisoned since the Middle Ages when the Knights Templar locked her up, as seen in the cartoon found around the map.  

ovZLSu5.png

That's the reason we are fighting the Templars in the Crazy Place.  They're doing their duty to stop this demon from being released.  But we mess it up by releasing her.  This is why you have a German-voice Sam on Moon, but an American-voice Sam on Origins.  

Now, with all that said, there are a few things I don't get.

1.  How does demon Sam get into the MPD to get inside of human Sam?

2.  How much weight can be placed on the songs to tell the story?  If given the time, I could give a long list of everything that Archangel could mean, but that doesn't mean that any of the dozen theories are necessarily right.  Sure, Sherwood and crew have said that they're trying to tell a piece of the story with their songs, but that doesn't mean that it's always clear.

3.  What comes next?  

I'm sure there are plenty of other questions.  I don't know how much of this is new theorizing or if I'm just forgetting that I've posted it before.  It's offseason and I've been trying to capture anything we may have missed.  As many of you know, I love listening to the songs and seeing storyline implications in them.  But they still confuse me on many parts.  As I stated, I could give a gigantic theory of what I think the songs are saying, but I think I've kind of done that over time, but in a lot of different posts.  A lot of it is also hard to explain in writing.  Heck, I'm still of the opinion that what happens in Origins, outside of the beginning and end cutscene, is entirely made up by the little girl Samantha and the only canonical part to it is that they made the story up one night.  Sure seems that way.  But who knows.  #OneMoreYear

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wrote something very similar..sorta in a forum called little lost girl. About the demon possesing the MPD only known by the name teddy. In my version, teddy (demon) was trying to use richtofen to gain power and rule the world. However samantha entered the MPD instead, and the demon worked with it. He took on the persona of teddy, representing samanthas teddy bear and her childhood memories. Somewhere in between that point, and the events of Der Riese, Samantha figures out teddy is not who he seems. (judging by the rather haunting writing on the wall stating "teddy is the biggest liar") Fastforward to the events of Cotd-Moon, or Richtofens sceme. Teddy still has a link to richtofen due to him touching the MPD. Under teddy's instruction, Richtofen gathers the artifacts to switch his soul with samantha, which at first makes it seem like teddy is victorious. Samantha warns richtofen and the others that killing zombies gives teddy power. And she says I hate edward but be warned about teddy, he is a liar! Then go to black ops 2 and get more evidence, Especially judging by the song Carrion, the first song "sang" by Richtofen. He is clearly in a difficult power struggle, something is forcing him to make the zombies kill people. "Like a dream where I'm falling and calling out, my resistance is silent. I can't feel and I still can't control myself please forgive me NOW" Teddy has a tight grip on richtofen due to all the zombies killed by the missiles, and additionally the survivors on earth. However, skip to the towers. These towers, in theory... can be used to gain power. Now think about richtofens free will from map to map. In tranzit he pretty much seems useless, unable to provide help to the survivors, but after the easter egg is completed in Richtofen's favor, he teleports the crew to china. Something he was never capable of before. Now notice something odd that happens in Die rise. Stu begins to hear an unknown voice, commanding him to 'mend the rift' and threatening to expose him to the others. But then you hear richtofen talk later, so...thats NOT richtofen. Due to the tower in Washington being lit up, teddy loses a lot of his grip on richtofen, but not all of it. Mending the rift is just a command to light the tower in TEDDY'S favor, or perhaps deactivate the one in tranzit. The rift is causing a hole between teddy and richtofen, making him lose control. Then after lighting Die Rise in Richtofens favor, skip to buried. The rift has become HUGE, due to the tower being lit on die rise. Also notice the voice in Buried is gone. Call it a rewrite because its annoying, but if it was that they would have patched it out of die rise. There is a reason when it's there and isnt. After completing the egg in buried, the trio is complete. Teddy is banished elsewhere, and richtofen gains full power over the aether. With this power he destroys maxis but thats not important. Now comes the crazy part with little evidence. After being banished by richtofen, teddy ends up in an alternate universe. He stumbles upon the broken soul of samantha maxis, convincing her to help him in a plan to return to the original universe and destroy richtofen. Now think about this, why the heck does samantha have an american accent? It's not due to the lack of elena to voice her, as she was there to sing and stuff. Add that on top of the original trailer with samanthas demonic voice. Companies make these trailers months ahead, so how did they have a second one the next day. Again I feel that was for a reason... Teddy is a less appealing voice, so he tried again in another cycle using samantha's new voice. Samantha claims to be trapped in argartha, so why on earth would she need a portal opened to it? She was retrieving her father. Think about it, the final step of the easter egg is throwing the maxis drone containing her fathers brain into the gateway. Then the alternate heroes go into the gateway as well. Now comes the craziest part, but it explains the ending cutscene alot better in my opinion. Samantha..and eddie. Eddy. Teddy. Teddy, the demon and samantha in the broken realm they reside in, bringing MAXIS into. Eddie finally wants a turn, and creepy enough... if you watch the toys, its the alternate original four killing the new four. Then Maxis says to come downstairs quickly...he has a plan. Samantha, Teddy, and Maxis are all working together in the alternate dimension to get revenge on richtofen! Maxis has a plan! 

It's just a really weird theory, but read it carefully and think about it. 

I wrote something very similar..sorta in a forum called little lost girl. About the demon possesing the MPD only known by the name teddy. In my version, teddy (demon) was trying to use richtofen to gain power and rule the world. However samantha entered the MPD instead, and the demon worked with it. He took on the persona of teddy, representing samanthas teddy bear and her childhood memories. Somewhere in between that point, and the events of Der Riese, Samantha figures out teddy is not who he seems. (judging by the rather haunting writing on the wall stating "teddy is the biggest liar") Fastforward to the events of Cotd-Moon, or Richtofens sceme. Teddy still has a link to richtofen due to him touching the MPD. Under teddy's instruction, Richtofen gathers the artifacts to switch his soul with samantha, which at first makes it seem like teddy is victorious. Samantha warns richtofen and the others that killing zombies gives teddy power. And she says I hate edward but be warned about teddy, he is a liar! Then go to black ops 2 and get more evidence, Especially judging by the song Carrion, the first song "sang" by Richtofen. He is clearly in a difficult power struggle, something is forcing him to make the zombies kill people. "Like a dream where I'm falling and calling out, my resistance is silent. I can't feel and I still can't control myself please forgive me NOW" Teddy has a tight grip on richtofen due to all the zombies killed by the missiles, and additionally the survivors on earth. However, skip to the towers. These towers, in theory... can be used to gain power. Now think about richtofens free will from map to map. In tranzit he pretty much seems useless, unable to provide help to the survivors, but after the easter egg is completed in Richtofen's favor, he teleports the crew to china. Something he was never capable of before. Now notice something odd that happens in Die rise. Stu begins to hear an unknown voice, commanding him to 'mend the rift' and threatening to expose him to the others. But then you hear richtofen talk later, so...thats NOT richtofen. Due to the tower in Washington being lit up, teddy loses a lot of his grip on richtofen, but not all of it. Mending the rift is just a command to light the tower in TEDDY'S favor, or perhaps deactivate the one in tranzit. The rift is causing a hole between teddy and richtofen, making him lose control. Then after lighting Die Rise in Richtofens favor, skip to buried. The rift has become HUGE, due to the tower being lit on die rise. Also notice the voice in Buried is gone. Call it a rewrite because its annoying, but if it was that they would have patched it out of die rise. There is a reason when it's there and isnt. After completing the egg in buried, the trio is complete. Teddy is banished elsewhere, and richtofen gains full power over the aether. With this power he destroys maxis but thats not important. Now comes the crazy part with little evidence. After being banished by richtofen, teddy ends up in an alternate universe. He stumbles upon the broken soul of samantha maxis, convincing her to help him in a plan to return to the original universe and destroy richtofen. Now think about this, why the heck does samantha have an american accent? It's not due to the lack of elena to voice her, as she was there to sing and stuff. Add that on top of the original trailer with samanthas demonic voice. Companies make these trailers months ahead, so how did they have a second one the next day. Again I feel that was for a reason... Teddy is a less appealing voice, so he tried again in another cycle using samantha's new voice. Samantha claims to be trapped in argartha, so why on earth would she need a portal opened to it? She was retrieving her father. Think about it, the final step of the easter egg is throwing the maxis drone containing her fathers brain into the gateway. Then the alternate heroes go into the gateway as well. Now comes the craziest part, but it explains the ending cutscene alot better in my opinion. Samantha..and eddie. Eddy. Teddy. Teddy, the demon and samantha in the broken realm they reside in, bringing MAXIS into. Eddie finally wants a turn, and creepy enough... if you watch the toys, its the alternate original four killing the new four. Then Maxis says to come downstairs quickly...he has a plan. Samantha, Teddy, and Maxis are all working together in the alternate dimension to get revenge on richtofen! Maxis has a plan! 

It's just a really weird theory, but read it carefully and think about it. 

Very interesting.  I like a lot of it, but there's some things I'm iffy on.

1.  "Teddy is a liar" was proven to just be Richtofen's Login/Password to the computer system on Moon.  "Login: Teddy.  Password: Is a liar.  I'm not, but that's why no one would guess it!"  I don't think that the demon is Teddy, though I do think there is a demon.

2.  Samantha isn't dead.  She's still on the Moon with the other three as far as we know.  This is why it's interesting that if Maxis gains power, he wants to go to Agartha to rescue Samantha.  Samantha isn't there, she's on the Moon still.  But he's not mistaken.  He's not dumb.  He's going to rescue the Samantha that he met all those years ago in Origins.

3.  You were given an option in Black Ops 2.  While the theory may make sense with Richtofen in charge, what about Maxis in charge?  Remember that the light that teleported the T4 was purple, not blue or red.  

I will say this though.  I really REALLY like your thoughts about the trailers.  I've never thought of it that way.  The demon comes out as Samantha, realizes his voice isn't as appealing and no one would help him, so he goes back in time and redoes the trailer with a little girl voice.  That is great stuff and I'm adding it.  Really helps the Zombies story breach into our reality as well.

1. While that may be true, samantha does say teddy is a liar/teddy is the biggest liar on many occasions. Go look up moon sound files if you want.

2. I was implying that some part of her soul was left behind in the aether after the events of Richtofen's Grand Scheme, or she is dead. Richtofens quotes in mostly tranzit and even die rise and buried seem to make it clear he has no idea where the original four are. Richtofen can see EVERYTHING so they are either dead or trapped in the aether somewhere. Either way it works for my idea.

3. I consider Richtofens side to be the canon one. Maxis' side results in the complete destruction of earth, and richtofen's results in its (at least partial) restoration. And for the story to continue...the latter is more logical.

1. While that may be true, samantha does say teddy is a liar/teddy is the biggest liar on many occasions. Go look up moon sound files if you want.

2. I was implying that some part of her soul was left behind in the aether after the events of Richtofen's Grand Scheme, or she is dead. Richtofens quotes in mostly tranzit and even die rise and buried seem to make it clear he has no idea where the original four are. Richtofen can see EVERYTHING so they are either dead or trapped in the aether somewhere. Either way it works for my idea.

3. I consider Richtofens side to be the canon one. Maxis' side results in the complete destruction of earth, and richtofen's results in its (at least partial) restoration. And for the story to continue...the latter is more logical.

That's the problem with a game of choices.  You can't make one side canon and the other not canon.  It just doesn't work.  You tick off half your fanbase when you say "Yea you did all that, but none of it was real."

And while Maxis does say that he intends to kill everyone and end the world, he definitely doesn't leave us alone there.  He says he's off to Agartha to search for Samantha.

That's the problem with a game of choices.  You can't make one side canon and the other not canon.  It just doesn't work.  You tick off half your fanbase when you say "Yea you did all that, but none of it was real."

And while Maxis does say that he intends to kill everyone and end the world, he definitely doesn't leave us alone there.  He says he's off to Agartha to search for Samantha.

yes but unfortunantly in the end one side has to be the correct one :/