Let me spew some theories at you.

(This beginning stuff is going to involve me babbling A LOT)

Hello, as a introduction I'm kinda new. I don't post much. I love the theorys that some of you people make.

So, anyway... Let me start off by saying now we know so much, why don't we take a step back and add the missing pieces. I enjoy the fact that I can go back in the previous games and say, " Huh, well... I guess I understand what the hell they are talking about now."

But, with that I also still don't understand so much. For instance, the cut scene at the end of origins. It left me so confused and all I could say is

"WTF IT'S JUST A CHILD'S GAME?!?"

-JustSavage05

I think everyone did right? Okay... no? That's fine. Even if you understood it, I didn't, but one thing I did understand: that looked exactly like the two rooms in Kino Der Toten. Before you say "Duh, it's supposed to be Samantha's room. Why am I even reading this dummy's theory/forum post?". Trust me, I know, but that's not what I'm pointing out. What I'm pointing out is this:

WVjBfer.jpg See this room? Of course you do

ebo6vIm.jpg See this room? Duh. OH S*** LOOK AT THAT IN THE MIDDLE

vFaxQw7.jpg OH LOOK IT'S US

I know it's not the first time we have noticed that. (Also, yes, I cheated a little to get those pictures.)

But still! Come on. Really, Treyarch? You've planned that ending since practically the beginning?

Also, it's worth a mention that if you believe that Treyarch would take the wussie way out and say it's a child's game, you're wrong.

No, seriously, I can't bring myself to say that they took a lame way out, They're too smart for that.

Obviously, the room at the end of Origins is what they consider the "Aether".

(Honestly, this is pretty much me babbling about every little thing and if you're still reading I give you props.)

So let's continue with the Kino/Origins/Aether room.

Here is my opinion, You go into a teleporter, you time travel. Simple as that. Any time you teleport you travel in time. A few days, months or years, you WILL time travel when you teleport. 

How many times have you teleported before, though?

Who is to say when we teleport from Kino we don't end up in Verruckt? But, since we travel in time we don't remember.

This theory has back up with it, too.

Die Rise's beginning cut scene show us that they have no idea that they have done it before. They go down, fail to mend the rift, and restart. No one remembers a thing. Well one does, but he gets to talk to Richtofen and Maxxis so.. yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1HsYgzYH9M

This brings me to probably one of my favorite theories on here.

The "Ghosts of Alcatraz" rift theory.

This was created by FatedTitan.

Super great post. Go read it, I'll wait.

Basically, the M4 of Alcatraz are on a broken rift loop, so who is to say the rest are not as well?

For example, in BO2 it is mentioned plenty of times that you need to "Mend The Rift".

Richtofen somehow knew that none of the events that have taken place should have happened.

Maybe he wants to fix it? Maybe he's having fun? Who knows. The guy is crazy.

Let's go back to BO on the moon. You had to do the series of events for the easter egg and of course the first part was that Richtofen became Samantha.

Once Richtofen took Samantha's place in the Aether, zombie eyes became blue.

He entered the Aether. He "became" Samantha, who was teleported there.

Time travel and teleportation... seems familiar.

I feel that explains why he is a kid in the end cut scene.

So, the Aether is Samantha's room.

Since she was the first human inside of it maybe it is a recreation of her "safe place".

Back to the rift stuff. I believe that the exact moment the teleporter worked in Der Riese the rift was broken for that world. Samantha was never meant to be trapped inside the working teleporter with her father. Richtofen should have never been able to send her to the Aether. None of this should have ever happened.

Thus making everyone you play as in a big giant loop of time travel.

Going back to what FatedTitan said:

Why does this matter? Who cares if we need to mend the rift? Why will mending the rift cause an issue? I have to break some hearts. If the rift is mended, there is no Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Richtofen on a world-spanning adventure. It was all fake. It never actually occurred. It was a by-product of a messed up time stream. The actual time stream should look like what we see now. The world we live in is the product of what happened during World War II. If the rift is mended, what we have is this world like it is in our every day lives. If we mend the rift, everything is fake. We never went to Moon or Mars or Siberia or anywhere. If we mend the rift, everything in this game changes from reality to a dream. To get rid of zombies, the rift must be mended. If we don't do that, we still have our stories and adventure that occurred, but we still have zombies. That's why it's important. Because it now provides us with a third voice in the storyline. So now, you decide.

I fully agree.

If we mend the rift everything we have accomplished is fake. This kinda sucks for us, but in that universe it's what needs to be done.

Thank you for reading this post of me having a billion thoughts running through my head.

Have any comments to correct me, go ahead! I kinda like learning and nerding out a few theories now and again.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Yes and no.

It's true we play as characters that are stuck in this loopy rift, continually dying and being reincarnated to fight undead. That's why when played Solo (the way it was meant - because that's where the story is) if you receive a game over, you'll just restart.

It's also true that there's foreshadowing to this fact throughout zombies; the teleporters, time travel (only into the future via evidence), the M4, the "Rift", Die Rise intro, the circuitous bus route, etc..

However, it's still a children's game. The grand reward for our story line was uncovering the ultimate truth. We were given the knowledge that none of it was real, we were only toys existing in worlds imagined by children. This is what the Origins ending illustrates perfectly. Samantha says, we'd "be rewarded beyond (our) wildest imaginations," and who would have imagined that all this was just a game?

If you adopt this theory, the story is neatly tied up. Resist the urge to delve deeper and let it be to discover that this is the best way. Then you can appreciate the chance for Treyarch to begin anew, and create a new story for us. Maybe we'll follow the children as we know there's something not right about their world. I would love to play as Samantha, hearing a child voice actor curse and come up with names for the zombies. I could imagine her maybe using childish, less profane words too, like 'buttmunchers", or "poo poo face". Maybe some PG comments would be funny.

Who's to say what will be next, but I take comfort in the simple solution to this story and rest satisfied by the ending I believe. It's better than pulling your hair out over inconsistencies.