Titanfall DLC and Update release news

So Titanfall released their first DLC map pack. Three new maps and a couple changes to the game. For instance, in Capture the Flag you can no longer carry the flag inside a titan. Definitely a balancing issue that I'm glad they fixed. 

As far as the maps, all 3 look pretty good and flow pretty well.

Swamp is pretty good for Last Titan Standing. There's a lot of little cut-throughs that make flanking the other team pretty easy. CTF is another good one. I'm still working on finding a good wall (tree) run path through the forest.

War Games is pretty awesome too. Pretty neat futuristic textures to it, like playing in Tron. There's a lot of different levels to it, and a pit in the middle of the map that's pretty easy to fall into.

Runoff is pretty bleh. I haven't played LTS on it and I think that may be where it shines. Aside from that, it's not really bringing much to the table. 

Anyone else play the new maps?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New game update coming tomorrow for Xbox One and PC. Not sure about 360, though I've heard a lot of these changes were already implemented into the previous 360 update. Full notes here: http://www.titanfall.com/game-update-four

Looking forward to new game modes, titan burn cards, and an expanded burn card deck. Titan insignias will be cool too, gives me a new reason to play now that I'm done with regens.

Forget isn't really the right word. Willfully omitted? Plus I asked you to play months ago and you were just like, "Oi, nay mate."

Anyway, the new game mode Marked for Death is pretty fun. Basically it's CTF with both teams having the flag and not being able to capture it.

Titan burn cards are awesome.

Having 96 cards in my deck is pretty awesome too. I don't have to throw away cards just because I'll won't be using them in the next game.

It's not mentioned in the update notes, but I could swear last night the Smart Pistol was locking on to pilots a lot better than before.