Samantha's Lullaby VS Samantha's REST

AlphaOmega

So if you have either seen the ending cutscene of Origins EE or watched it, OR, like me, an absolute FAN of music, you bought the Soundtrack, you may notice that there is a song called Samantha's Rest.

It is an interesting song. It sounds really familiar...hm....perhaps...

MOON LOADING SCREEN?!

That's right. This is the same song as Samantha's Lullaby but with a significant difference. It is hard to point out specific details as I am NOT good at noting music. But its there. They really are different.

So now my point. Why are they different? Why the sudden change in tone?

Here are the links to the two songs

Samantha's Lullaby:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1ZsdThRfGQ

Samantha's Rest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ85U7Ir400

I really don't know what to make of this but I decided it was high time we found out!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So here is my break down

Both pieces start the same until about 17 seconds in. In Samantha's rest you hear a low horn before returning to the beginning melody.

In Samantha's lullaby, at 17 seconds, you hear the same horn, but i believe it to be a bit higher in pitch, as well as hearing a female voice sing ontop of that. There seems to be a wider range of sounds used in Samantha's lullaby in comparison to Samantha's rest

It is indeed a reinterpretation - a remix - of Samantha's Lullaby.

Just like Aether is a remix of Richtofen's Delight (his Endgame theme)

Sam's Lullaby has been used in multiple maps; Moon, Mob and now Origins. Each time the theme makes another appearance it is slightly altered. It's safe to say that it is - Samantha's Theme.

- Heather